R

RareSoul

Oct 18, 2021
Recently I began working in a cafe, but after three days of working there I decided that it's not for me, it's too stressful a job for me in the current circumstances. On Saturday morning, instead of going to work I just went to sleep and put my phone on silent mode. I woke up after 13 hours, and it turned out that the shift manager was calling me multiple times and wrote to me that I should call the cafe. The manager who was above her also wrote to me. I wrote back to him apologizing and told him that I want to quit. Tomorrow I must go there to sign a notice and give back my work clothes. It's terribly stressful for me, it will probably be super awkward. I don't know if that will happen but I already imagine that the shift manager will be there and will treat me like shit. I also imagine that the main manager might ask me questions about why I quit, and what am I to answer to that? That I feel bad being a wageslave in his fucking cafe? Overall, this situation makes me feel so bad and I want it to be over.

Reactions: Toonloon
G

Gordy99

Student
Jan 7, 2022
It's your life. You get to choose where you want to work. The situation doesn't have to be awkward. Just hand in your work clothes and say that you prefer working somewhere else. You don't have to lie.

Reactions: Toonloon and Snake of Eden
R

RareSoul

Oct 18, 2021
Thank you, you are probably right. Maybe it's just my tendency to overthink running wild.