• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

Tamazi 123

Student
Jan 13, 2020
I can't get my hands on metaclopromide and in any state it makes me very sleepy, I have quitiapine and I'm also on mitrazipine at night which my psychiatrist told me is a great anti nausea. How much quitiapine would I need for a stat dose? I'm already taking 100mg at night. Also with the antacid can regular quickeez work as I have no way of getting milk of magnesia. Otherwise my husband has ondansatron.

BizarreBazaar

BizarreBazaar

Student
Feb 26, 2020
There is no stat dose for quetiapine and other antipsychotics. If I understand correctly, you only need to take them daily and have enough in your system to act effectively.

Reactions: Quarky00 and Tamazi 123
T

Tamazi 123

Student
Jan 13, 2020
There is no stat dose for quetiapine and other antipsychotics. If I understand correctly, you only need to take them daily and have enough in your system to act effectively.
So I wouldnt new to take anything other than the antacids?

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
I can't get my hands on metaclopromide and in any state it makes me very sleepy, I have quitiapine and I'm also on mitrazipine at night which my psychiatrist told me is a great anti nausea. How much quitiapine would I need for a stat dose? I'm already taking 100mg at night. Also with the antacid can regular quickeez work as I have no way of getting milk of magnesia. Otherwise my husband has ondansatron.

For my opinion on this question, review this thread and all of the quoted discussion within it in its entirety.

Further to that thread, the consensus here is that you definitely cannot use a stat does of Quetapine for antimetic effects. You need to be taking it regularly to build up amounts in the body.

Instructions for gradually titrating (adjusting) your dosage to increase to a higher one are here.

Reactions: Quarky00
T

Tamazi 123

Student
Jan 13, 2020
For my opinion on this question, review this thread and all of the quoted discussion within it in its entirety.

Further to that thread, the consensus here is that you definitely cannot use a stat does of Quetapine for antimetic effects. You need to be taking it regularly to build up amounts in the body.

Instructions for gradually titrating (adjusting) your dosage to increase to a higher one are here.
Oh sorry I hadn't seen that. I wouldn't be able to build up to that over the week as my husband does all my meds. Hmmm what to do? Will being on 100mg at least do something? Like I say I'm also on mitrazipine.

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Oh sorry I hadn't seen that. I wouldn't be able to build up to that over the week as my husband does all my meds. Hmmm what to do? Will being on 100mg at least do something? Like I say I'm also on mitrazipine.

Opinions on the forum will differ widely and strongly on this. But my own opinion, as supported by the reference quoted in my thread, is that 100mg of Quetapine will not have the desired antiemetic effect. As the reference describes the pharmacological profile of Quetapine as varying by dose, 100mg won't even have a mild antiemetic effect (nor one-third of the antiemetic effect of 300mg) as that 100mg dosage simply does not target the relevant neuroreceptors.

Although an antidepressant, Mitrazapine does also have some off-label use for nausea and vomiting. However, it targets the 5-HT3 brain receptors only. Metoclopramide is recommended for the SN method as it targets the D2 receptors. However, it would take someone with more psychopharmacology knowledge than me to advise whether Mitrazapine is as effective as Metoclopramide (or even remotely effective) based upon this targeted receptor difference.

Reactions: Tamazi 123
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
Will being on 100mg at least do something?
Yes , members have ctbed with SN on that dosage . We can't know for sure but it appears to be okay/helpful as AE .

@autumnal and I disagree about that conclusion (stated above) , I totally respect their position , and I admire the honest way they presented it. Otherwise there is no stat dose for that , as mentioned . For those unable to use metoclopramide there are other options , such as domperidone . If you can't use meto/domp , then use what you have . It should depress vomiting to some extent , and in any way (even if vomit) SN is fatal .

FAQ - Antiemetics
(If you want to read more)

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Yes , members have ctbed with SN on that dosage . We can't know for sure but it appears to be okay/helpful as AE .

@autumnal and I disagree about that conclusion (stated above) , I totally respect their position , and I admire the honest way they presented it. Otherwise there is no stat dose for that , as mentioned . For those unable to use metoclopramide there are other options , such as domperidone . If you can't use meto/domp , then use what you have . It should depress vomiting to some extent , and in any way (even if vomit) SN is fatal .

FAQ - Antiemetics
(If you want to read more)

For users who aren't familiar with the scientific method, it's worth pointing out the following. Successful attempts without any nausea or vomiting using 'low' (less than 300mg) doses of Quetapine are not neccesarily evidence that low doses actually have an antiemetic effect.

The likelihood of any person having nausea with SN depends on a whole range of factors, including SN dosage, stomach emptiness, gastric acidity, weight and the ever-present individual differences. People who took low doses and had no nausea might not have had any nausea even without Quetapine. The absence of any kind of controlled experiments on this topic (for obvious moral reasons) means that the only semi-definitive information which exists is that resource I have listed. It's certainly not what I would call a mass of supporting evidence, but so far it is all there is.

Successgul accounts of users taking low doses of Quetapine should therefore be regarded with a healthy skepticism. Because of the lack of definitive information on this topic, you may choose to place weight on these success accounts, especially if there are a large enough number of them to make you believe they are not purely coincidental. You may even decide these accounts are more credible than the resourced I listed. But just understand the limitations inherent in depending on them when making your final decision. In the end, it's you who will experience the unpleasantness of nausea, vomitting and even possible failure from possibly not taking an effective antiemetic.

Last edited:
Reactions: William Barker and Quarky00