S

spanisiva87

Jan 27, 2024
Hey,

WW3 is around corner and i am terrorized the way i go... This world is sadistic hell as we know and it is extremely difficult to kill human body!!!

As for paracetamol, I don't know the stats, but again it's not recommended. You're looking at being a bit unwell, being extremely unwell, or possible long term organ damage. That could be fatal but it's not quick and painless and involves a lot of agony and suffering.
If it doesn't kill me instantly which is possible, i don't want to go slowly by radiation. But i don't know any realiable methods, you can survive even hanging and it is hard to find place so it is impractical. And also jumping some ppl survived like fall from 47th store even if it is rare, but i don't have anything high around like that!

I thought jump + stab myself to heart but problem with that it is hard to locate and assuming you will be able to even stab that deep under angle and then yet jump it could affect my trajectory - probably not feasible.

- Then i thought slit my wrist but that is also fatal only in 6% of cases, with jumping it might be fatal however.

I don't know what i will do if it doesn't kill me instantly or quickly, i don't want to go like super slow way man...

I am confused as in rules i read you cannot tell how to kill yourself but then i see methods discussed and this is not even suicide, i just don't want to suffer most slow painful death from radiation or like survive jumping with broken bones and god knows how long it will take to die and how much i will suffer!!!

Reactions: badtothebone
B

brokeandbroken

Paragon
Apr 18, 2023
Hey,

WW3 is around corner and i am terrorized the way i go... This world is sadistic hell as we know and it is extremely difficult to kill human body!!!

As for paracetamol, I don't know the stats, but again it's not recommended. You're looking at being a bit unwell, being extremely unwell, or possible long term organ damage. That could be fatal but it's not quick and painless and involves a lot of agony and suffering.
If it doesn't kill me instantly which is possible, i don't want to go slowly by radiation. But i don't know any realiable methods, you can survive even hanging and it is hard to find place so it is impractical. And also jumping some ppl survived like fall from 47th store even if it is rare, but i don't have anything high around like that!

I thought jump + stab myself to heart but problem with that it is hard to locate and assuming you will be able to even stab that deep under angle and then yet jump it could affect my trajectory - probably not feasible.

- Then i thought slit my wrist but that is also fatal only in 6% of cases, with jumping it might be fatal however.

I don't know what i will do if it doesn't kill me instantly or quickly, i don't want to go like super slow way man...

I am confused as in rules i read you cannot tell how to kill yourself but then i see methods discussed and this is not even suicide, i just don't want to suffer most slow painful death from radiation or like survive jumping with broken bones and god knows how long it will take to die and how much i will suffer!!!
Honestly if a nuclear war happens you'll very likely be dead. The people who somehow survive are going to be fighting over the little resources left. Trust me death would be extremely common not the exception. You wouldn't have to try that hard.

FallingGrace

FallingGrace

Secretary of something
Mar 11, 2020
Wtf did I just read. You watch way too much TV my guy. Have you considered speaking to someone about your anxieties over nuclear war?

Reactions: Hotsackage, dagyu, cowboypants and 6 others
A

anxiousguineapig

May 4, 2022
I've been going through the same anxiety so I get you... honestly though if you expect to survive the initial blast many methods that work normally would work just as well. though if you think you might be on the outskirts of an explosion or something you would need to have a method that you can keep with you. I will point out that it is substantially easier to ctb in an apocalypse scenario like that because there won't really be medical assistance. Something like slitting your wrists is less unreliable when nobody can find you and call 911 and even if it doesn't kill you outright it might weaken you enough to make death a lot faster at least.
Honestly if a nuclear war happens you'll very likely be dead. The people who somehow survive are going to be fighting over the little resources left. Trust me death would be extremely common not the exception. You wouldn't have to try that hard.
Unfortunately that's not exactly true. Plenty of people would be outside initial blast zones, but even for those inside, there's a substantial chance of surviving with injuries (which may or may not prove fatal over the next few days/weeks). Worst case scenario is probably to be trapped in a collapsed building and die of dehydration or infection. I think it's pretty reasonable to want to avoid that and have practiced the night-night method for basically that scenario since it requires very little equipment/preparation and works even with limited mobility.

B

brokeandbroken

Paragon
Apr 18, 2023
Unfortunately that's not exactly true. Plenty of people would be outside initial blast zones, but even for those inside, there's a substantial chance of surviving with injuries (which may or may not prove fatal over the next few days/weeks). Worst case scenario is probably to be trapped in a collapsed building and die of dehydration or infection. I think it's pretty reasonable to want to avoid that and have practiced the night-night method for basically that scenario since it requires very little equipment/preparation and works even with limited mobility.
I mean I guess it depends where you are living. But you'll still have nuclear winter, radiation, limited resources/drinkable water. Everyone fighting in a lawless society. Food will be scarce. That's *if* you survive the initial radiation blast zones.

B

badtothebone

Aug 20, 2024
Hey,

This is not happening anytime or on our time!

Reactions: GuessWhosBack
GuessWhosBack

GuessWhosBack

If you have doubts, reach out. Here to listen.
Jul 15, 2024
If a nuclear war happens and somehow you survive, you would be able to find a gun pretty quickly.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Please don't tease me with this talk . That would be a dream come true

• Yay!
Reactions: lizzywizzy09, Unknown21, permanently tired and 2 others
A

anxiousguineapig

May 4, 2022
I mean I guess it depends where you are living. But you'll still have nuclear winter, radiation, limited resources/drinkable water. Everyone fighting in a lawless society. Food will be scarce. That's *if* you survive the initial radiation blast zones.
Sure but the point is that all of those are pretty horrible ways to go. I mean, hypothermia would probably be ok, but radiation sickness, dehydration, dysentary, starvation, and infection are all fairly bad/painful ways to die. Not to mention if you are actually in an area that is targeted and get injured in the explosion itself. I don't think a nuclear war is super likely to happen but it worries me enough that I've planned for what to do so I can avoid spending a week in agony from dehydration or something similar.

maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024
Hey,

I think I would just go out & expose myself to the nuclear fallout🌹💔

Reactions: divinemistress36
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Please don't tease me with this talk . That would be a dream come true
So the idea of millions of innocent people dying and suffering is a dream come true for you? Or is it the possibility of going through a slow and horrifying death as a result of acute radiation sickness the thing that appeals to you the most?

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
So the idea of millions of innocent people dying and suffering is a dream come true for you? Or is it the possibility of going through a slow and horrifying death as a result of acute radiation sickness the thing that appeals to you the most?
I was just being a smart ass

A

anxiousguineapig

May 4, 2022
going to jump on this to ask if anyone has tips for dealing with this kind of anxiety? I am in about as good a position as I could be without living in the middle of nowhere, in that I live close enough to a potential target to have a very good chance of dying quickly if it was hit, and otherwise I have SN and would be able to kill myself in the aftermath. Still lately I've been having massive anxiety about dying some horrific, painful death due to being trapped in a collapsed building. I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with something similar or has advice? I'm fully prepared to ctb in an actual nuclear war but to ctb because I'm anxious about nuclear war (which I'm honestly close to because I'm not functional at all with this kind of anxiety) feels irrational.

S

spanisiva87

Jan 27, 2024
Someone edited my post added this line lol, i did not say that
Problem is i have chronic pain and i am not very mobile i won't be able to jump before nuke hits me probably it is super fast and i am close to russia. So anyways i am fucked in case like being burried alive in ruble, only if i survived i would have to jump.

WW3 is happening soon no JOKE ppl actually think it won't happen because they are brainwashed by listening to mainstream media instead thinking for themselves... It is already happening just not full scale war, and ukraine is continuing attacks on russia terrority using long range weapons provided by West, Russia won't tolerate this - watch Scott Ritter!!!

I will just slit my wrist before jumping or something... There is no much i can do: i could be burried in rubble also die from heat/pressure injuries or choke if i am lucky...

I don't even care anymore it is fucked either way and some scenarious i might no escape suffering. I would kill myself now if i had realiable method, but there isn't anything... So i am just waiting for WW3 to come around...

Anyways wish everyone peace and quick death and exist from this sadistic hell

U

Unspoken7612

Jul 14, 2024
going to jump on this to ask if anyone has tips for dealing with this kind of anxiety? I am in about as good a position as I could be without living in the middle of nowhere, in that I live close enough to a potential target to have a very good chance of dying quickly if it was hit, and otherwise I have SN and would be able to kill myself in the aftermath. Still lately I've been having massive anxiety about dying some horrific, painful death due to being trapped in a collapsed building. I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with something similar or has advice? I'm fully prepared to ctb in an actual nuclear war but to ctb because I'm anxious about nuclear war (which I'm honestly close to because I'm not functional at all with this kind of anxiety) feels irrational.
Have you had CBT?

I would say…
- notice to yourself that you are worrying about nuclear war. Pick out specific thoughts and sensations. "I am thinking about being trapped in a building after nuclear war. This is making me feel a cold feeling in my chest which I call anxiety."
- acknowledge that this thought makes some sense - it would indeed be horrible to be in that situation.
- Worrying can be useful if it helps you avoid a dangerous situation. That is why your brain worries. However, in this instance, it is not useful. You cannot mitigate the small risk of nuclear war, or have much impact on what happens to you in that scenario. Your worries are an evolutionary throwback.
- Reassure yourself that nuclear war is very unlikely, due to the risk of Mutually Assured Destruction. You don't need to worry about it.
- Be patient with yourself. It's OK to still worry or feel distress, but try to respond in a constructive way by following the above steps: notice your thoughts, acknowledge that nuclear war is frightening, put your thoughts in an evolutionary context, and remember that worrying achieves nothing.

This is slightly less useful if what you are experiencing is more akin to terror, but you might still be able to use it - after all, that's more obviously an evolutionary throwback.

H

Hotsackage

Paragon
Mar 11, 2019
Once trump gets in, Israel will finally have someone with a pair to deal with. Not saying I like him tho

A

anxiousguineapig

May 4, 2022
Have you had CBT?

I would say…
- notice to yourself that you are worrying about nuclear war. Pick out specific thoughts and sensations. "I am thinking about being trapped in a building after nuclear war. This is making me feel a cold feeling in my chest which I call anxiety."
- acknowledge that this thought makes some sense - it would indeed be horrible to be in that situation.
- Worrying can be useful if it helps you avoid a dangerous situation. That is why your brain worries. However, in this instance, it is not useful. You cannot mitigate the small risk of nuclear war, or have much impact on what happens to you in that scenario. Your worries are an evolutionary throwback.
- Reassure yourself that nuclear war is very unlikely, due to the risk of Mutually Assured Destruction. You don't need to worry about it.
- Be patient with yourself. It's OK to still worry or feel distress, but try to respond in a constructive way by following the above steps: notice your thoughts, acknowledge that nuclear war is frightening, put your thoughts in an evolutionary context, and remember that worrying achieves nothing.

This is slightly less useful if what you are experiencing is more akin to terror, but you might still be able to use it - after all, that's more obviously an evolutionary throwback.
thanks for the advice. I've tried to get therapy but have not had any luck. it's fucked how inaccessible decent mental healthcare is (and then people wonder why we turn to sites like these). but yeah I try to just stay grounded as much as possible and focus on the fact that it's not happening *in the moment.* And I am hoping to get some kind of therapy but we'll see if that actually happens.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Hey,

If you manage to survive nuclear war, your problems have just started.
The war itself will be fast. Living through the following few weeks and the incredibly toxic environment is unlikely.
Just step outside and take a nice walk.

vinlander

vinlander

cut so deep that i feel nothing
Aug 28, 2024
We no longer live in the 1950s; since then, we have developed nuclear weapons over 3,000 times more powerful than those used in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

In a nuclear war scenario, considering that your fear stems more from the prospect of suffering while dying than from death itself, it is highly likely that your efforts at preparation and precaution could be the primary cause of your demise. Should an extreme situation arise where leaders like Biden and Putin lose control, your best course of action may be to head to a major city. This way, you can be vaporized instantly, as it is more probable that dictators and military leaders would target such areas first.

A

anxiousguineapig

May 4, 2022
This way, you can be vaporized instantly, as it is more probable that dictators and military leaders would target such areas first.

Unfortunately very few people get to be vaporized. a lot of nukes would be detonated too high in the air for the fireball to even reach the ground and even if it does the radius is a few hundred meters. Most people in the blast zone would die of burns, crush injuries, or some combination. Some of those deaths would be fast but some would be agonizingly slow.
In a nuclear war, the best place to be is either within a few hundred meters of a guaranteed target (basically a missile silo, government bunker, or the Pentagon), or far from any potential targets with a solid suicide plan.

vinlander

vinlander

cut so deep that i feel nothing
Aug 28, 2024
Unfortunately very few people get to be vaporized. a lot of nukes would be detonated too high in the air for the fireball to even reach the ground and even if it does the radius is a few hundred meters. Most people in the blast zone would die of burns, crush injuries, or some combination. Some of those deaths would be fast but some would be agonizingly slow.
In a nuclear war, the best place to be is either within a few hundred meters of a guaranteed target (basically a missile silo, government bunker, or the Pentagon), or far from any potential targets with a solid suicide plan.
Even with modern anti-missile technology, such as the Iron Dome or the American National Missile Defense (NMD) system, it is highly unlikely that radioactive fallout would be the primary cause of civilian casualties, as opposed to the direct impact of the nuclear explosions themselves.

You are absolutely correct about the certainty of targeting in such a scenario. However, the number of nuclear warheads held by countries potentially hostile to the U.S. has increased significantly in recent decades. This makes it conceivable that the U.S. could face multiple adversaries in a nuclear conflict. As a result, the same number of warheads that might be aimed at government facilities could also be directed at public areas. For a superpower as formidable as the United States, even with a national debt exceeding 31 trillion dollars, the ability to rapidly produce advanced weaponry remains. Consequently, those leading a nuclear assault would likely prioritize civilian casualties, as the loss of millions of lives could be a critical factor in determining the outcome of the war.

A poignant example is the bombing of Hiroshima, where the United States targeted a city full of ordinary people, rather than the seat of the Japanese Empire, to maximize the impact and pressure on Japan to surrender.