• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

L

livinginhellnation

Nov 19, 2023
This on Quora.

How long does it take to die if you hang on a doorknob with a scarf?

If you hang yourself by a scarf,let's say from a doorknob,in a sitting or laying position,you will pass out in a matter of seconds.Death will finally ensue after 5 minutes approximately

You would lose consciousness in about 20 seconds and within 2 to 4 minutes you would cause permanent irreversible damage to your brain from lack of blood/air/oxygen. In 5 minutes or less death occurs.

I have heard stories and read first hand accounts of people saying it was way to easy to lose consciousness. If you are interested in researching the topic in more depth or detail the website best gore has videos of this. Hangings. Search for hangings and you can watch videos of people hanging themselves. Once I watched it and saw what it was like all thoughts of me ever wanting to do it to myself went away immediately. It is not something you can take back or do over. Even from a seated position you have a very high likelihood of dying. Whatever those other people said that the human body will fight to live. I agree with that statement in a lot of ways. But this isn't one of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: hopelessoceanic25
Mistiie

Mistiie

This is a Junly moment
Nov 10, 2023
Only issue is what happens if you hang yourself wrong. It's equally as likely that you'll end up not breaking your neck instantly, and you'll be left scrambling and clawing at your neck trying to get lose as a result of survival instinct before eventually suffocating. If you survive that through slipping out of it after going unconscious, there's a solid chance you're left alive with brain damage, which is a fate arguably worse than death or just suffering through life as you were.

I would actually advise against hanging given what methods are currently available in the world. It's a good thing to resort to if you can't find a medicine/drug-related way, but it's certainly not my first option.

Reactions: Abditory and Deleted member 65988
D

Deleted member 65988

I have heard stories and read first hand accounts of people saying it was way to easy to lose consciousness. If you are interested in researching the topic in more depth or detail the website best gore has videos of this.
I considered hanging before sn once. I found sn to be better.

Reactions: missmars
L

livinginhellnation

Nov 19, 2023
Only issue is what happens if you hang yourself wrong. It's equally as likely that you'll end up not breaking your neck instantly, and you'll be left scrambling and clawing at your neck trying to get lose as a result of survival instinct before eventually suffocating. If you survive that through slipping out of it after going unconscious, there's a solid chance you're left alive with brain damage, which is a fate arguably worse than death or just suffering through life as you were.

I would actually advise against hanging given what methods are currently available in the world. It's a good thing to resort to if you can't find a medicine/drug-related way, but it's certainly not my first option.
It has a high success rate. Didm't you read the post?...

Even from a seated position you have a very high likelihood of dying. Whatever those other people said that the human body will fight to live. I agree with that statement in a lot of ways. But this isn't one of them.

Mistiie

Mistiie

This is a Junly moment
Nov 10, 2023
It has a high success rate. Didm't you read the post?...

Even from a seated position you have a very high likelihood of dying. Whatever those other people said that the human body will fight to live. I agree with that statement in a lot of ways. But this isn't one of them.
Yeah, I read the post. And you provided no evidence of "high success rate" other than saying it and using a random quote from Quora, which is a site with a notorious population of amateurs in fields.

Most of the statistics I can find online about the efficacy of hanging pertain solely to, at the very least, short drop hanging (your standard stool drop), not doorknob hanging. There's no statistics that say that there's a "high likelihood of dying". I don't know where you've got this information from.

I doubt that it has above a 60% efficacy. Even if it did have this efficacy, you also have the 40% possibility of suffering moderate to severe brain damage, with it being possibly permanent, coupled with the fact that your body will fight to survive by clawing at your neck to get the scarf or rope off which will leave serious gashes or scars (I also don't know where you got the idea that your body kind of just goes limp and doesn't try to save itself when being strangled...this is a nonsensical belief.)

So, a 60% chance of dying at best, with an incredibly high risk of you turning into a vegetable or having some other neurological deficit from depriving your brain of the necessary oxygen. Not to mention it's likely that you will survive because you're using something as weak as a scarf, but that's besides the point. On the other hand, you could just take a whole lot of medications like opiods + benzos + alcohol and basically have a guaranteed death. Hell, even just doing the short drop hanging method would be better than doing it on a fucking doorknob. It's just not going to work well in the end.

If you can find me any stats that show doorknob suicides are more successful than I'm purporting them to be, and painless too, then go for it, but stranglation with a high chance of survival + brain injury or neck scars is not really my thing.