kittyswift

kittyswift

getting tired even for a phoenix..
Sep 29, 2023
hi, i have been on quetiapine for a few months now and i have noticed that ever since i have been on this medication i have been unable to smoke? I am usually fine when smoking (weed, and normal tobacco cigarettes) but now even after a few inhales i start to feel very nauseous and dizzy. when i was smoking weed with a friend, i started vomiting and became incredibly dizzy and disoriented despite only having a few inhales. for the next few hours i was still dizzy and had a lot of muscle twitches all over my body. it was like nothing i have ever experienced before. does anyone know why this is? i have tried looking online for a possible explanation but i haven't found anything helpful. thanks!

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Antipsychotics, like quetiapine, can interact with weed and the interaction between the two can vary depending on the individual. Both substances, as you know, have sedative effects and combining the two would intensify those effects. Furthermore, since the two act on the central nervous system, combining the two would cause the muscle twitches and the dizziness. The nausea and vomiting is a consequent of the varied effects that combining the two can have, there are more possible effects aside from vomiting

I'm not sure if this would concern you or anything but smoking weed, or any usage of substances, can affect the metabolism of certain medications you take and that'd influence the effectiveness of the medication. You should go to a doctor imo if the nausea from the interaction between the two persists and if the aforementioned issues with metabolism ever happen to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: kittyswift