Ch92921

Ch92921

The call of the void
Dec 29, 2018
Has someone experience with quetiapin withdrawal?

Is it horrible?

Last edited:
RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
Ever since I started taking quetiapine for sleep I've been having trouble sleeping without it. I have been on some high dosis, around 700mg for anxiety, it didn't help but I also didn't notice as I was taken off it. Just the sleep thing.

• Hugs
Reactions: Spiny Lobster
Ch92921

Ch92921

The call of the void
Dec 29, 2018
Ever since I started taking quetiapine for sleep I've been having trouble sleeping without it. I have been on some high dosis, around 700mg for anxiety, it didn't help but I also didn't notice as I was taken off it. Just the sleep thing.
If this the case, if I go iff seroquel and if I will have permanet sleep trouple, then I may have found a new additional reason to commit suicide.

calssilva

calssilva

Student
Dec 16, 2020
It is safe quetiapin withdrawal,,,,this med does not cause any type of addiction

RegretedFeeling

RegretedFeeling

Student
Mar 21, 2021
Healthy Withdrawal can be achieved by slowly cutting the dose, and talking with your doctor,

if you are prescribed theses for sleep I'd assume you were on 25-100 mg,
Anymore than that and I'd assume you had mental health problems. If someone were to go in the state of not being on their Seroquel and with mental health issues, that's what would end up in the biopsy, not that life was unmanageable, that you were just not mentally tight.

if it were me I'd get off the
"quitepine" and then make my final decision.

there is also always the chance that your not properly dosed or are having a secondary reaction your not aware of. maybe you are properly dosed and they have it right, and no matter the mind state you are in, medicated or not, reality is just to much to bear.

im not judging, nor am I curious, ;)

RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
If this the case, if I go iff seroquel and if I will have permanet sleep trouple, then I may have found a new additional reason to commit suicide.
I don't think is going to be a problem for you necessarily. I think it's a problem for me because I have been abusing it. I can't deal with being awake so I sometimes even take it during the day so I don't have to deal with life.

• Hugs
Spiny Lobster

Spiny Lobster

Jul 16, 2020
I was on a smaller dose for a long time (100mg, though I've had it as high as 300mg) and I went cold turkey as per my doctor's recommendation.

Never go cold turkey on quetiapine/Seroquel.

Quetiapine is a hell of a drug. With it, I had brain fog, without it, brain fog, headaches, nausea... Either way, it's horrible and will be horrible. Definitely seek a professional's guidance who isn't my doctor before adjusting your meds.

My sleep has been imperfect since going off the med, but after a while I've finally cut out all sleeping pills from my medicine cabinet (even Trazodone). Hopefully the brain fog will go away; I feel like part of the problem is the med. Then again, sleeping pill dependence is so real...

I wish I had a better answer. Good luck, OP and everyone else struggling with sleep and Seroquel.

Last edited:
Ch92921

Ch92921

The call of the void
Dec 29, 2018
I don't think is going to be a problem for you necessarily. I think it's a problem for me because I have been abusing it. I can't deal with being awake so I sometimes even take it during the day so I don't have to deal with life.
I dont get sedated when I take these 200 mg quetiapin during the day. There is anway no improvement when it comes to my mental health

RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
I dont get sedated when I take these 200 mg quetiapin during the day. There is anway no improvement when it comes to my mental health
If it's possible I'd still tell a psychiatrist or at least your family doc you going off it. Psychiatric meds can be really unpredictable and everyone reacts differently to them.
I'm saying this from my own experience.

RegretedFeeling

RegretedFeeling

Student
Mar 21, 2021
Does this work?

hmmm

Ch92921

Ch92921

The call of the void
Dec 29, 2018
If it's possible I'd still tell a psychiatrist or at least your family doc you going off it. Psychiatric meds can be really unpredictable and everyone reacts differently to them.
I'm saying this from my own experience.
stupid pharmaka . Doctors just sell them so they can make money. And also the phrma industries want to make money.

JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
Don't like reading this thread but can relate, especially to brain fog that is a nice way of putting it, guess I will never stop taking it, I take 500.

RegretedFeeling

RegretedFeeling

Student
Mar 21, 2021
I'm just going to throw it out that if your meds are not working, talk to your doctor about changing them to either a different dose or a different drug all together.

a lot of these drugs are just like street drugs where you develop a resilience to them. It's totally possible that suicide ideation is a adverse reaction from your regime.

the most well medicated demographic is the homeless population because of the fact that they doctor shop. If their secret street drug high isn't jiving well with the doctor prescribed medication, they will be first in line the next day to get it corrected.

for anyone not abusing this drug, do talk to your doctor before setting a date (July 6 2023=36) where you finally kick the bucket.

for anyone abusing this drug recreationally, come clean and seek help. Drug addiction is beatable and not (in my opinion) the end of anyone's road.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'm taking quetiapine but I haven't experience its withdrawal yet.
However, I think that just like any meds, if you're planning on quitting it, you have to do it gradually. Otherwise, your body won't be so happy with that decision.

Reactions: noname223