pentobarbitaldreams

pentobarbitaldreams

Jun 11, 2020
-Is it painful?
-How long does it take?
-What will the damage be if I am discovered before death?
-What is the mechanism through which it kills?

• Hugs
Reactions: crea_the_hopeless and not-2-b-the-answer
FluffyDove

FluffyDove

Experienced
May 11, 2020
Your best bet is to browse through the SN resources page

Reactions: x-Ace-x, autumnal, AnxietyAttack44 and 1 other person
crea_the_hopeless

crea_the_hopeless

Ugly queen
Feb 26, 2019
Lol just check out the SN megathred and update this before the uptight people get on here and yell at you for not using the search function, reading, and doing your own research.

im not really technically advanced with the functions of this forum, but I believe this is a link to stan's guide. All the info you need should be there.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/stans-guide-to-sn.27535/

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: houseofleaves, lovedread, Quarky00 and 3 others
ZardozOmega

ZardozOmega

Narcissist Gay NEET-cel
Mar 4, 2020
As told by the folks above you, you should check out the guide.
Reports about how painful it is are mixed. Some people report it feels like going to sleep. Others complain of terrible headaches, heart racing and strong nausea.
It can take up to 4 hours to kill you. It's usually a bit less, tho.
There are no reports or permanent damage due to SN. I can't tell you with certainty it would lead to long term damage, just that every report of every person who took SN and was rescued don't mention permanent damage.
It kills you by preventing your red blood cells from delivering oxygen to the tissues of your body.

Reactions: autumnal
pentobarbitaldreams

pentobarbitaldreams

Jun 11, 2020
Thanks all I'll check the guide.

• Love
Reactions: crea_the_hopeless
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
I like this guide also. Stans guide gives you a regimen. This guide gives you facts

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-resource-page.32633/

• Love
Reactions: x-Ace-x, autumnal, crea_the_hopeless and 1 other person
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
before the uptight people get on here and yell at you for not using the search function, reading, and doing your own research.
Let's give it a go then :)

-Is it painful?
For some , mild to moderate.
Pain is defined as intense or damaging stimuli . Does one have ulcers? Is nausea 'painful'?

-How long does it take?
Time to death is 15 minutes to 3 hours , but 99% of the time it's in the range of 30-45 m (fainting occurs after 12m and incapacitation should occur prior)

-What will the damage be if I am discovered before death?
None physical , perhaps psych ward

-What is the mechanism through which it kills?
Metahemoglobinemia .

So , it's complicated ;)

* No humans were yelled at during the making of this post *

• Hugs
Reactions: x-Ace-x, autumnal, crea_the_hopeless and 1 other person
TowerUpright

TowerUpright

Disillusioned
May 26, 2019
One thing I'd like to add, which some guides omit.

Currently, Sodium Nitrate is currently under investigation for use as a peaceful mean of feral hog control in parts of the US. Considering how sancrosanct animal comfort it in the US, it would appear there is something about SN that can give a peaceful death.

As always, do your best to find as much anecdotes and research. Don't rely upon those who simply say, "I tried it, and it the worst pain I ever had. It caused permanent scarring, gave me an extra nipple, and caused me to develop a prehensile tail." Look at lots of stuff from many resources, compare and contrast and make an educated best guess.

Reactions: Quarky00, crea_the_hopeless, pentobarbitaldreams and 1 other person
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
Check the SN attempts failures and successes thread also. It helps to read actual anecdotes. But know not all can be confirmed actual.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: x-Ace-x, autumnal and crea_the_hopeless
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
[...]
Currently, Sodium Nitrate is currently under investigation for use as a peaceful mean of feral hog control in parts of the US. Considering how sancrosanct animal comfort it in the US, it would appear there is something about SN that can give a peaceful death.

NitrITE.

Lol just check out the SN megathred and update this before the uptight people get on here and yell at you for not using the search function, reading, and doing your own research.

Sorry I'm late everyone! :))

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/attachments/autumnal-rtfm-resources-only-extended-information-png.34278/

Anyone who doesn't know the answers to such basic questions has likely not read both the PPH and Stan's Guide. These two resources should really be the first point of call for anyone considering SN. This isn't just to avoid the clutter of the same basic questions being asked and answered endlessly. Reading these two resources will give you a proper grounding in understanding the method, and will improve your comprehension of other more complex threads.

Reactions: TowerUpright, x-Ace-x and WhatIsMyLife
TowerUpright

TowerUpright

Disillusioned
May 26, 2019
Sorry. I know it's Sodium Nitrite. It was either autocorrect or fat fingers. Or both...

I can't edit it at this time. Maybe because it was in a quote. Dunno.