C

celan

May 1, 2021
Here is my primitive understanding of the methods:

Ratchet Tie Down (as mentioned in Five Last Acts)
- fainting within a minute/ death within a few minutes
- ligature placed high on the neck/probably too high to compress the common carotid, so compression of the internal an external carotid
- no objects like cornhole bags or something else under the ratched tie down
- pressure on carotid arteries, jugular veins, carotid sinus reflex (rather not too likely fatal) - no pressure on the windpipe

Korean Method (Peaceful Pill)
- activating carotid baroreceptors, stimulation of vagus nerves, restricting carotid arteries
- using a 3d printed collar or put objects under the rathed tie down
- put the ratched tie down on the height of the baroreceptor (the height of the adam's apple, as far as I understand)

Night Night Method:
- putting cornhole bags under the ratched tie down
- the author doesn't mention, whether the pressure is located on the baroreceptors/carotid bifurcation or on the carotid arteries to just compress them.

Questions or Differences:
1. Is the cause of death in the korean method the compression of the carotid artery? The triggering of the vagus nerve isn't reliably fatal and the activation of the baroreceptors only will help to lose consciousness earlier. Chris Docker wrote that the carotid sinus reflex doesn't help significantly in dying.
2. Why not just use the the five last acts method? It's easier and reliable.
3. How can you find the baroreceptor? The description in the pph is rather vage. Turn your head to the right, feel the pulse on the hight of the adam's apple on the left side of the neck (did I understand that correctly?) I did it and felt the pulse there as well in the higher and lower regions of the neck, but I've got an idea where the carotid triangle is.
4. Isn't it a little too risky to put a cornhole bag under the ratched tie? Maybe it just compresses a part of the carotid artery.
5. Are there confirmed suicides and failed attempts known in either of these methods?
6. Is it possible to perform this method with a thicker neck?

Questions on passing out/self choking:
I can feel the carotid arteries easily, but I don't pass out when I compress them with my hands. Should I try to choke my neck above or below the adam's apple? Should I press them a from the side or to the back? Is it criticle for passing out to compress them at the carotid bifurcation or is that not important?

I read 20 pages of the night night thread, but I didn't get all quite these informations, and there are a lot of off topic content and repeated questions, which makes reading hard.

Last edited:
Reactions: WatermelonMel and ContinuousJump
ContinuousJump

ContinuousJump

'Tis a consummation devoutly to be wish'd.
Jul 6, 2021
I don't understand why this isn't more popular either. And I especially don't understand why the PPH hasn't better commented on what's in FLA. The author (Docker) seems very confident about it in the book. I don't think he'd write it that way if it didn't work.

The Five Last Acts procedure seems so simple, especially with a ratchet. But a lot of people seem to complexify it, with the other compression methods. And there seem to be a number of failed attempts. idk.

Docker says it's important to have the strap above the Adam's apple and to do it quickly (because veins compress more quickly than arteries) because otherwise there can be an uncomfortable pressure buildup. I noticed at least 3 failures where people seemed to say their problem was this (too much pressure feeling).

I believe someone I was in contact with did succeed with a ratchet with FLA instructions... but I didn't get absolutely confirmation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Efilismislife and celan
WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
The Five Last Acts procedure seems so simple, especially with a ratchet. But a lot of people seem to complexify it, with the other compression methods. And there seem to be a number of failed attempts. idk.
I'd like to know more about what this method is, but the download links listed for Five Last Acts have been taken down.
This is probably why members go for Night Night over the others because the information is easier to access.

• Hugs
Reactions: whytry, ContinuousJump and celan
C

celan

May 1, 2021
I'd like to know more about what this method is, but the download links listed for Five Last Acts have been taken down.
This is probably why members go for Night Night over the others because the information is easier to access.
It's basically strangulation, similar to a tourniquet. You put the ratchet tie down around your neck, tighten it until the carotid arteries and jugular veins are compressed. It takes a lot more pressure around the neck to compress the windpipe, which will be painful. It is recommended to put a bag over your head to make sure your brain stem will die.

Here Are some links:

There could also be a link in the deadside/bedside reading files.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Efilismislife, justsayin, AbsoluteNothingness and 2 others
I

InNihilum

Sep 8, 2021
Questions or Differences:
1. Is the cause of death in the korean method the compression of the carotid artery? The triggering of the vagus nerve isn't reliably fatal and the activation of the baroreceptors only will help to lose consciousness earlier. Chris Docker wrote that the carotid sinus reflex doesn't help significantly in dying.
3. How can you find the baroreceptor? The description in the pph is rather vage. Turn your head to the right, feel the pulse on the hight of the adam's apple on the left side of the neck (did I understand that correctly?) I did it and felt the pulse there as well in the higher and lower regions of the neck, but I've got an idea where the carotid triangle is.
4. Isn't it a little too risky to put a cornhole bag under the ratched tie? Maybe it just compresses a part of the carotid artery.
5. Are there confirmed suicides and failed attempts known in either of these methods?
6. Is it possible to perform this method with a thicker neck?
2. May be (or seems) less comfortable. Also, as you said, it needs fast tightening and it may discourage many people after slower unsuccesful attempts (causing head pressure).
4. If put in the right position, cornhole bags (or any other object having the right size) compresse only the sweet spots, with a small "zone" effect, allowing little error margin on the setup. The higher pros here is the ratchet will not compress other parts of the neck.
5. I doubt the FLA method allows failed attempts, as the ratchet will remain firmly tighten even once you black out. the Night-Night requires backup to be sure the compressing objects do not move at the same step.
6. Yes, but thicker is the neck, harder should be the pression, leading to nearly impossible if too thick.

I've found this example interesting on how to prepare the setup for Night-Night : https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...n-korean-night-night-tourniquet-method.40458/

The key for me is to practive either :
- Self blood choking with hand for Night-Night
- Partial for bare ratchet
In both case, that'll teach us where to apply pressure for final method.
I still practice these two, didn't manage to fade out for now.

Questions on passing out/self choking:
I can feel the carotid arteries easily, but I don't pass out when I compress them with my hands. Should I try to choke my neck above or below the adam's apple? Should I press them a from the side or to the back? Is it criticle for passing out to compress them at the carotid bifurcation or is that not important?
Seems like to be mainly recommended above adam's apple. Some succeeded partial with rope below it but never figured out why and how - and if it's interesting for our topic

Yumeko.dreams

Yumeko.dreams

Wandering Fool
Jul 30, 2022
Bringing this thread back from the grave to ask for some help with this method, shy from running off to find a rail line it may be my only option.

Also, something I've noticed, whenever I find a decent point on my carotids (I've never found the sweet spot for them sadly) I get the 'low oxygen/Co2 buildup' response. Thought that was neat.

Altvtysp

Altvtysp

Nov 5, 2022
Bringing this thread back from the grave to ask for some help with this method, shy from running off to find a rail line it may be my only option.

Also, something I've noticed, whenever I find a decent point on my carotids (I've never found the sweet spot for them sadly) I get the 'low oxygen/Co2 buildup' response. Thought that was neat.
I attempted this method two days ago and all that resulted is bursting the blood vessels in my eyes and making my shitty life even worse. I tried various positions of the strap and even placed objects like washcloths where I thought the arteries were. My longest attempt was around 10 minutes long. I would always make the ratchet as tight as possible but the issue is that you can't click the next sprocket and you can't make it tighter unless you hold open the ratchet assembly. I tried it at least 12 different setups and at no point did I feel like passing out. My nose also started bleeding badly and my head was pounding hard. I think because when it gets really tight you can't engage the next ratchet setting so you can't make it as tight as possible. Also I suspect the width of the strap was too wide and it would probably be more effective to cut the strap down in half.

Altvtysp

Altvtysp

Nov 5, 2022
I think if they did they can't answer anymore
I tried really hard to get this method to work. I had several hours but as the time came that family was going to be home I started to panic because my eyes were already blown out. None of the attempts caused me to pass out like I expected it would. I wore it typically 2-4 minutes before SI would kick in and I would release it. I suppose it would have been better to not have a release mechanism because maybe if it was worn for more than 30 minutes it might do the job but you're basically being slowly strangled to death. I can imagine what a full hanging is like except there is no stopping that unlike with this method. Having the extra weight and a slipknot would mean it's gets much tighter so perhaps it would work faster. Being strangled for a long period of time is not pleasant and I'm not sure if I would try any of these methods again after this but if I did a full hanging would be the way to go. It's just pretty painful!

niiina

niiina

šŸŒø
Aug 20, 2022
I tried really hard to get this method to work. I had several hours but as the time came that family was going to be home I started to panic because my eyes were already blown out. None of the attempts caused me to pass out like I expected it would. I wore it typically 2-4 minutes before SI would kick in and I would release it. I suppose it would have been better to not have a release mechanism because maybe if it was worn for more than 30 minutes it might do the job but you're basically being slowly strangled to death. I can imagine what a full hanging is like except there is no stopping that unlike with this method. Having the extra weight and a slipknot would mean it's gets much tighter so perhaps it would work faster. Being strangled for a long period of time is not pleasant and I'm not sure if I would try any of these methods again after this but if I did a full hanging would be the way to go. It's just pretty painful!
That sounds extremely unpleasant!

Btw if you're trying full suspension: I woke up in the middle of a full suspension gasping desperately for air and it was so horrible I climbed back to the chair due to SI. It wasn't peaceful as in the videos I saw for some reason. Now I'm still traumatized to try again šŸ¤”
So if you're going for a full hanging have in mind it may not be so peaceful and most important: don't be dumb like me and drop the chair as you step out of it

Altvtysp

Altvtysp

Nov 5, 2022
That sounds extremely unpleasant!

Btw if you're trying full suspension: I woke up in the middle of a full suspension gasping desperately for air and it was so horrible I climbed back to the chair due to SI. It wasn't peaceful as in the videos I saw for some reason. Now I'm still traumatized to try again šŸ¤”
So if you're going for a full hanging have in mind it may not be so peaceful and most important: don't be dumb like me and drop the chair as you step out of it
Yeah there is nothing peaceful about any of these methods and I resent that it was reported that one would pass out after 30-60 seconds and it would be done but it was nothing like that. I was able to breathe alright just couldn't cough and would get spit stuck in my throat. The time I wore it for like 10 minutes I pulled the mechanism because I didn't think it was actually killing me. I was attempting to use objects to press on the carotids but was not able to at all. I was really hoping this method was going to be quick but it wasn't. Still doing research so I'm not sure where I'm going to go from here.

Reactions: niiina
Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
There's only one reason to focus on the baroreceptors and Phillip pussied away from it. It's not the same as night night.

Walilamdzii

Walilamdzii

Mage
Sep 19, 2021
Bumping this topic in case anyone is still here and has anything else to report.

M

mdrwants2go

Mar 31, 2023
---------------------- FOLLOWING -----------------------------