N

NeetAccount1

Jul 2, 2020
(USA) If you have an idea about any one of these questions I'll take it. I doubt I could make it another 2 years (the point at which most US policies will still pay out for suicide) but do they ask questions about are you seeing a psychiatrist for depression right now? I have an appointment with a psychiatric nurse next Tuesday (after not going for almost 8 or 9 months) so I possibly have today and Monday and to buy a plan before then. I also saw a GP for anxiety, depression, and headaches earlier in the week with no insurance, a local government, community health organization. Would they find out about that if I bought some life insurance today and I didn't say I went to the GP recently?

I bought some life insurance in my early 20s and I remember them asking questions like do you own a motorcycle or go sky diving or plan to go sky diving.

Would you recommend any life insurance policies for the US that have good value and still payout for suicide after 2 years?
I had bought a policy with USAA before but I don't have any comparison.

Someone I was talking to with a similar plan said they had policy for around $13 a month that payed out around $250,000. I think my plan with USAA was around $40 and payed out around $200,000. (Of course the price also depends on your answers to the questions they ask and your demographics).

I have a bad headache right now and don't think I'd make it (had constant headache last 7 months), but anyone else considering this?

Also you can have life insurance pay out to charities and family members that don't rely on your income right? Someone said you couldn't and some said you could on another forum but when I bought life insurance my mom (plus brothers) didn't rely on my income and the other guy I talked to parents didn't rely on his income. Also this article.
I would read whatever contract but I can't concentrate right now.

I'm an anti-natalist would have the money go to charities provide birth control and lower the average birth rate by doing things like providing free education for girls in poorer countries, where the dollar would stretch further.

Such as camfed.org

Camfed is a good charity even if you aren't an anti-natalist.

Marie Stopes International is probably also good.

Plenty to choose from here.

Sorry having a lot of trouble concentrating and will keep looking into this further. Have bad nausea and headache though.

Last edited:
HeavensOpenDoor

HeavensOpenDoor

Jul 6, 2020
Good question. I guess it would depend on if they have access to those specific medical records or not. When I was admitted to the hospital after a previous ctb attempt they gave me a passcode that only people with this passcode could access my medical records. If the life insurance provider asks you for consent to look at your medical records, then yes your previous doctor visit would be a problem. Initially, they might issue you the insurance because many life insurance reps make money based on commission and how many people they enroll so they might not catch it at first but when it comes to the pay out trust and believe they will do a thorough examination of your medical records which would pose a problem unless it was an "accident" seemingly unrelated to ctb.

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and NeetAccount1