C

Coffeebean77

Well… I tried.
Jul 28, 2022
I am planning to ctb in a couple weeks. Because I would probably fail at partial, instead I want to throw a rope (attached to the doorknob) over my door and use a little step stool. Then I'd do full suspension on the other side of the door.

The problem is the door will probably move and the rope could fall off the top of the door, since a body convulses. There are logistical problems like that. Am I misunderstanding how to do this?

hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
Is it possible to close the door after passing the rope to the other side? I tried doing it and I was able to close it. Then I hung with my hands to see if it would support my weight and it did. I was using a sheet though, so probably its why. I am not very familiar with the method.

Reactions: afterlyfebob and NearlyIrrelevantCake
C

Coffeebean77

Well… I tried.
Jul 28, 2022
Or the door could break. I'm average sized but if convulsing I might break it….. this is so hard….. I might have to try partial and then full if it doesn't work.

LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Could you cut/saw a grove in the top of the door to put the rope into so you can close the door and lock it so the door doesn't move and it'll take longer for anyone to get through the door?

C

Coffeebean77

Well… I tried.
Jul 28, 2022
There is no door lock…. I live in a studio condo. Otherwise not a bad idea.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
How much rope do you have? With the door open, take a second piece and tie one end around the hinge. Tie the other end to the rope going to the door knob so it is more centered. That will keep it from slipping off the door.

C

Coffeebean77

Well… I tried.
Jul 28, 2022
I'm probably going to try that, if I go with the doorknob method, thanks.

Reactions: Worndown
A

afterlyfebob

Jun 30, 2023
Is it possible to close the door after passing the rope to the other side? I tried doing it and I was able to close it. Then I hung with my hands to see if it would support my weight and it did. I was using a sheet though, so probably its why. I am not very familiar with the method.
Belt and Sheet combo works

Reactions: hellispink