• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

Thanatos123

Student
Feb 18, 2020
I will be using the night night method at a camping/conservation area hopefully in August.
I bought all the stuff I need and I'll be preparing my will and advanced directive soon.
Now I have to buy a tent and I'll be ready to find some camping areas/conservation areas.

I've only camped once in my life and I don't have much knowledge about this whole thing.

Now the first time I went camping at a conservation area, the check-in employee asked for ID and vehicle license plate number. I was with soneone else and we gave our IDs plus other info and a fee. We were assigned to camp at a designated area but we were free to hike anywhere we wanted. I've realized that our tent was surounded by other tents and I was fine with it. Now however, I'd like to have my privacy in order to ctb.

What would you do in this case? As I said I'd like to have my privacy.

Another thing(if I remember correctly) the conservation area charges you depending on how many days you stay there. Why is that?

Are there any other places to setup a tent for cheap/free and with full privacy?
What other options do I have?

faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
"hopefully in August"..... I guess because you are on lockdown, right? I am not expecting anything in the nearest future as well...
"Another thing(if I remember correctly) the conservation area charges you depending on how many days you stay there. Why is that?".... They enjoy making money out of people, there are no other reasons.
I don't know if camping/bonfires/tents are allowed in your country everywhere, but it could be a remote area where technically camping is allowed.
The best thing for you to do would be doing a research on places and legislation.

T

Thanatos123

Student
Feb 18, 2020
"hopefully in August"..... I guess because you are on lockdown, right? I am not expecting anything in the nearest future as well...
"Another thing(if I remember correctly) the conservation area charges you depending on how many days you stay there. Why is that?".... They enjoy making money out of people, there are no other reasons.
I don't know if camping/bonfires/tents are allowed in your country everywhere, but it could be a remote area where technically camping is allowed.
The best thing for you to do would be doing a research on places and legislation.

Yes exactly!
I was planning to ctb in late June early July but all the parks/campgrounds/conservation areas are closed. So I have to wait till August when things get better.

I've been doing my research, but I can't find such legislation/law that applies to Ontario, Canada residents.
Does that mean I can camp anywhere?

faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Yes exactly!
I was planning to ctb in late June early July but all the parks/campgrounds/conservation areas are closed. So I have to wait till August when things get better.

I've been doing my research, but I can't find such legislation/law that applies to Ontario, Canada residents.
Does that mean I can camp anywhere?
I think you should ask local authorities or any others who deal with these issues.

LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
I imagine if you can find a remote enough area, nobody would bother you camping.

T

Thanatos123

Student
Feb 18, 2020
I imagine if you can find a remote enough area, nobody would bother you camping.

I'm looking into it.
most areas you have to pay, provide ID and stay for a specific amount of time.

T

Thanatos123

Student
Feb 18, 2020
Update:

I found out that almost all forests, parks and campgrounds are either property of the provincial government, federal government or private property of individuals.

In this case what are my options?