R

rvxwit

Jun 11, 2020
Hi all, happy this community exists

I have some technical questions about the plastic bag + sleeping pill method. My friend used this method and I'm considering it. First, I've read the information here: https://lostallhope.com/suicide-methods/plastic-bag-drugs, and also here: https://web.archive.org/web/2016022...ooks.org/wiki/Suicide/Suffocation#Plastic_Bag. I realize there are several drawbacks, but I find this method more appealing than the more recommended or violent alternatives. OK, on to my questions:

1) I have 130MG of sub-lingually administered benzodiazepines (zolpidem). I don't anticipate being able to take more than 20MG or so sublingually, so will this be enough if I ingest the remainder? I expect passing the drugs through the liver will weaken the effect somewhat

2) will I make much noise while suffocating? if there's a lot of noise I may be interrupted, and don't relish the thought of waking up with brain damage.

Any other information is welcome. I haven't figured out how to reliably tie my hands (because I'm using benzodiazepine) before nodding off but I'm working on it. I'm testing with a 90L garbage bag.

Cheers, thanks in advance for the info

> edit for spelling

Last edited:
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
First about the pills

What if the pills are melt away? Still dissolve in water? Or could you let these melt in your mouth/stomach?
Everything in water.

And if you search the site you'll find that taking meds like this do not render you unconscious in a way to overcome SI. When your body feel suffocated from oxygen your survival instinct will raise alarms and you will rip the bag off.

some people have succeeded this way but it doesn't mean others will. No one can really give you advice or encouraged you or tell you if this will be successful or not. Sorry I'm not much more help than that life has brought you to this.
it seems @Empirespy was successful. You can search their last post.

Reactions: autumnal and rvxwit
Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Jun 10, 2020
I agree. I'm also afraid of my survival instincts..

Reactions: rvxwit
FreddieQuell

FreddieQuell

:):
Apr 14, 2020
You need to be completely out of it to CTB using a plastic bag. CO2 buildup in the bag will be a problem triggering your hypercapnic alarm, causing you to wake up, start breathing (your body trying to lower CO2), when that fails you're very likely to rip the bag off. This is why the exit bag uses inert gas, to flush the CO2 out. Interestingly enough our bodies do not have a way of measuring O2, just CO2 buildup.

I urge you to research the exit bag method for a more peaceful (and probably more successful) way to go. Failed attempts are likely to complicate things. Wishing you the best

Also: although 130mg of benzos is a shitload, effectiveness depends on a lot of factors including your body weight and possible habituation (can't find the word)

Last edited:
Reactions: autumnal, Mare Tranquillitatis and rvxwit
R

rvxwit

Jun 11, 2020
Hello all, thanks for the speedy replies. I see that the inert gas method comes highly recommended, but besides the technical difficulty I'm not sure I could go through with it. I also realize that an anecdote isn't good evidence, but my friend's 'success' as well as the peaceful final moments of consciousness means I'm fairly committed to at least trying this method.

It seems the main concern I'm hearing is with being properly restrained ; that's helpful information I will look more into that and update accordingly.

N

normie

Jun 24, 2020
And if you search the site you'll find that taking meds like this do not render you unconscious in a way to overcome SI. When your body feel suffocated from oxygen your survival instinct will raise alarms and you will rip the bag off.

Does anyone know if GHB or a combination of Benzo's and GHB would give you more of a chance?
I read a story from what must have been an older version of PPH recently.
Older guy. Crushed up a packet of diazepam, took with water. Swig of whiskey. Keep thumbs inside bag so you pull bag away so you can still breathe. When you lose consciousness, thumbs drop and elastic makes seal around neck.
Seemed quite a good way to me.
From what I'm reading, Benzo's dont shut down the limbic part of the brain? Is that right?
I'm just wondering if GHB or a combination would produce better results.
It sounded like a good peaceful way to go

L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
Does anyone know if GHB or a combination of Benzo's and GHB would give you more of a chance?
I read a story from what must have been an older version of PPH recently.
Older guy. Crushed up a packet of diazepam, took with water. Swig of whiskey. Keep thumbs inside bag so you pull bag away so you can still breathe. When you lose consciousness, thumbs drop and elastic makes seal around neck.
Seemed quite a good way to me.
From what I'm reading, Benzo's dont shut down the limbic part of the brain? Is that right?
I'm just wondering if GHB or a combination would produce better results.
It sounded like a good peaceful way to go
Do a site search for GHB . I found this

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/project-ghb.22877/

Lost_the_will2_live

Lost_the_will2_live

11:11
Feb 25, 2020
Hello all, thanks for the speedy replies. I see that the inert gas method comes highly recommended, but besides the technical difficulty I'm not sure I could go through with it. I also realize that an anecdote isn't good evidence, but my friend's 'success' as well as the peaceful final moments of consciousness means I'm fairly committed to at least trying this method.

It seems the main concern I'm hearing is with being properly restrained ; that's helpful information I will look more into that and update accordingly.

are you in the UK?