S

SorrowAndSaddness

Jun 4, 2023
Mandatory thing before the actual post. This is in the recovery section. Because of this, it is unfair to try delete/ban this post because it talks about recovery when the place its posted on is based on recovery.

I have a question. Are you happy to CTB?????If u are happy to kill ur self, then why choose this happiness that will last 2 minutes over the happiness of an entire life ahead of you. If you're not happy to CTB then why are you even going to do it anyway.

I see that somebody on here has the idea that the world has the potential to harbour infinite suffering, yet the inverse can be said. The world also has the potential for infinite happiness. You just have to find a purpose and goal. It might take time but if u keep just pushing for one more day again and again it will come to u. There is hope.

Reactions: Remeer
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
every day I wake up to another day of mental illness. And today constipation caused by my meds. Then I have to fill the time before I sleep. I enjoy none of it. Then the same the next day. This is a more bearable life than I would have without the meds and when they stop working it will get more torturous. This is existing not living. It is a boring grind full of bad memories and a non-future.

• Hugs
S

SorrowAndSaddness

Jun 4, 2023
every day I wake up to another day of mental illness. And today constipation caused by my meds. Then I have to fill the time before I sleep. I enjoy none of it. Then the same the next day. This is a more bearable life than I would have without the meds and when they stop working it will get more torturous. This is existing not living. It is a boring grind full of bad memories and a non-future.
What do u usually do in those days?

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I have to say that my response isn't really best geared to the recovery section! It's far too negative for that... So- probably skip it if you are in recovery- it may be triggering! That said- the OP reminds me a lot of some posts by a (now banned I believe) former member. I think their username was @lifeanddeath. Not sure whether it's the same person but I wanted to reply from the perspective of someone with ideation... (not recovery- sorry guys!)

This feeling towards CTB is not exactly happiness though- it's the feeling of relief that I won't have to deal with anymore living- 'happy' or sad.

When you're refering to 'happiness'- you're talking about a preference to something. Something WE believe we want. Some people simply believe they would prefer not to exist. They don't see life as a compulsory state- it isn't.

It's a little like saying: 'You enjoy eating right? Why not eat this entire bag of chili peppers?' Just because you like something- doesn't mean you'll like everything. I could tell you you'd LOVE to learn something- say Japanese, Quantam Mechanics, Neuroscience. Are you tempted? Probably not. I imagine you worry you'll be out of your depth. Maybe it doesn't interest you in the slightest.

It may be hard to grasp but for some people here- NOTHING interests them in the slightest. Would you be 'happy' if your parents pushed you into learning Quantam Mechanics? Do you think you'd be able to handle it? What if your whole future depended on you succeeding in that?

Would your life be better with more money in it? I'm guessing- yes. Who's wouldn't? Why don't you spend all your savings on a lottery ticket next week? There's a chance you'll win and your life will become happier. You won't though because you won't want to take the risk. For people who have already lived lives that have been full of crushing disappointment- they may also not want to take that risk if their 'recovery' fails and they end up even more unhappy than they are now. Good luck to people who are in recovery though- I'm sure it can work also- when you really want it.

Some people here feel like they've experienced enough of life to realise they don't like it! To them- you're just offering more of the same thing they already know they don't like- or, they feel unwilling to try... If you'd already burnt your mouth on a Carolina Reaper (the hottest pepper in the world,) would you be all that keen on trying a Ghost Pepper? Even if someone told you it would be good for you? You'll learn to like it. All you need to do is find the right recipe.

Your post sounds very similar to a guy who was eventually banned I believe... I think it was @lifeanddeath. Something like that. I admire what you both (or- you are doing- if you are the same person!) I hope you can find people here who do actually want your help- because it's clear you do want to help people. I just think you're thinking may end up being very different to a lot of people's here.

The desire to live and happiness from living pleasures is different to the desire to die. People DO sometimes begin to enjoy life before they CTB- that's true- but that quite often seems to be because the pressure of living has now gone. Most people can't escape the longterm pressures of living- having to earn money and support themselves, having to live in a body that is gradually failing, having to do a huge amount of things they don't want to do in order just to sustain life. They want to get away from all that and sometimes- death seems like the best option.

All that said- I hope you find success and happiness in your life and I hope you can help people in this section to do the same. All the best to you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Remeer, hunterfla, carac and 1 other person
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I'm on my fourth or fifth non- working medication and as such want to tell this pro-lifer to go f—k themselves. They think they can help anyone with long-term suffering with this utter bs.
oh plus rTMS

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
I have a question. Are you happy to CTB?????If u are happy to kill ur self, then why choose this happiness that will last 2 minutes over the happiness of an entire life ahead of you.
Because that happiness or whatever you want to call it comes from sparing yourself an entire life.

you're not happy to CTB then why are you even going to do it anyway.
Because we can have conflicting feelings about something all at the same time but still recognize that on balance one particular course of action is the right one to take.

I see that somebody on here has the idea that the world has the potential to harbour infinite suffering, yet the inverse can be said. The world also has the potential for infinite happiness.
Neither statement can be said.

I answered only because you asked. Whether considering recovery or CTB it's vital to be rational and realistic. The hard-core gloom perspective you may have encountered isn't founded on reason, but when promoting hope you have to base on that people's actual concrete realities. Otherwise it's hollow and meaningless.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
You just have to find a purpose and goal. It might take time but if u keep just pushing for one more day again and again it will come to u. There is hope.
I had a purpose and a goal for most of the time of my life but it failed and now my expectations are so high they can never be met to make me happy again and I'm too old and I don't find a new purpose and no new goal since years. And that's why I don't like to live my life anymore it's either I accept reduced life standard which is depressing for me and pretend to be happy or I don't because I worked for sth else all my life long and I just end this agony and suffering that's not going to be better for me personally unless I would be just extremly lucky. But that's probably not happening soon enough. Being permanently depressed and not being happy about own life can and probably will certainly lead to more severe mental illness in the future if that cannot be changed and tbh I don't intend to become more "mentally sick".

The world also has the potential for infinite happiness.
I might agree with that if humans still lived in harmony with nature as we did for hundreds thousands years before we started to settle in villages and cities.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
The reality of how hard it is to find happiness for many of us is seen in the recovery section. Where people are desperately trying to feel better.

I wanted to ignore this thread anyway so am going to ignore it now.

Today for me is about going to the laundrette. With zero motivation and suicidal ideation.

I might then take shelter in a coffee shop where I shake a bit with the trauma of mental illness.

Then some Netflix.

I wish there was happiness in my day but my mind is wired for misery.

OP has no imagination and no empathy. I recommend ignoring this thread.

• Hugs
Reactions: Remeer and Praestat_Mori
hunterfla

hunterfla

Experienced
Sep 13, 2022
I have to say that my response isn't really best geared to the recovery section! It's far too negative for that... So- probably skip it if you are in recovery- it may be triggering! That said- the OP reminds me a lot of some posts by a (now banned I believe) former member. I think their username was @lifeanddeath. Not sure whether it's the same person but I wanted to reply from the perspective of someone with ideation... (not recovery- sorry guys!)

This feeling towards CTB is not exactly happiness though- it's the feeling of relief that I won't have to deal with anymore living- 'happy' or sad.

When you're refering to 'happiness'- you're talking about a preference to something. Something WE believe we want. Some people simply believe they would prefer not to exist. They don't see life as a compulsory state- it isn't.

It's a little like saying: 'You enjoy eating right? Why not eat this entire bag of chili peppers?' Just because you like something- doesn't mean you'll like everything. I could tell you you'd LOVE to learn something- say Japanese, Quantam Mechanics, Neuroscience. Are you tempted? Probably not. I imagine you worry you'll be out of your depth. Maybe it doesn't interest you in the slightest.

It may be hard to grasp but for some people here- NOTHING interests them in the slightest. Would you be 'happy' if your parents pushed you into learning Quantam Mechanics? Do you think you'd be able to handle it? What if your whole future depended on you succeeding in that?

Would your life be better with more money in it? I'm guessing- yes. Who's wouldn't? Why don't you spend all your savings on a lottery ticket next week? There's a chance you'll win and your life will become happier. You won't though because you won't want to take the risk. For people who have already lived lives that have been full of crushing disappointment- they may also not want to take that risk if their 'recovery' fails and they end up even more unhappy than they are now. Good luck to people who are in recovery though- I'm sure it can work also- when you really want it.

Some people here feel like they've experienced enough of life to realise they don't like it! To them- you're just offering more of the same thing they already know they don't like- or, they feel unwilling to try... If you'd already burnt your mouth on a Carolina Reaper (the hottest pepper in the world,) would you be all that keen on trying a Ghost Pepper? Even if someone told you it would be good for you? You'll learn to like it. All you need to do is find the right recipe.

Your post sounds very similar to a guy who was eventually banned I believe... I think it was @lifeanddeath. Something like that. I admire what you both (or- you are doing- if you are the same person!) I hope you can find people here who do actually want your help- because it's clear you do want to help people. I just think you're thinking may end up being very different to a lot of people's here.

The desire to live and happiness from living pleasures is different to the desire to die. People DO sometimes begin to enjoy life before they CTB- that's true- but that quite often seems to be because the pressure of living has now gone. Most people can't escape the longterm pressures of living- having to earn money and support themselves, having to live in a body that is gradually failing, having to do a huge amount of things they don't want to do in order just to sustain life. They want to get away from all that and sometimes- death seems like the best option.

All that said- I hope you find success and happiness in your life and I hope you can help people in this section to do the same. All the best to you.
Very well said!

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
Remeer

Remeer

Mar 8, 2023
Hello, I did not expect to find a topic like this, because if you are very positive in this forum it is likely that they will hate you, they will tell you "disgusting pro-life" and a series of things, but, anyway, that is the main theme of the forum: the suicide, people who suffer and share their suffering
many here are in despair, and in moments like this it is difficult to see the positive things, no matter how many "good" things surround you
many here also take psychiatric medications, which alter the body and mind, apart from their side effects that can be terrible and it is a pity, because perhaps the solution to certain psychological and psychiatric issues is another such as diet and detoxification of the body, but the system works based on the pharmaceutical system, no other type of solution will be allowed, in the US it is worse from what I have read here
chronic diseases are still a problem, I don't have that, thank God, but I live with a person who does and it's complex, one realizes that if I didn't have those pains I would live well
The social issue is something else, we could be fine but society is getting worse, last night for example I hardly slept because of annoying neighbors, general insecurity and misunderstanding are on the rise
despite all that I am calm
why am i telling you this? to give you another perspective and help you understand

I really appreciate your effort, I understand what you are saying, you try to help by being direct and challenging, I assume to try to wake someone up, but be careful here, they will hate you
thing to get into the general chat and see what happens when you post something very "positive", I reiterate be careful
some even believe that this forum is to comment pure negativity
Maybe it is not a good site for people like you and me, but here we are seeing what can be contributed, and is it useful? I don't know, I think so

greetings, be well

Reactions: Praestat_Mori