C

ctbsd24

Oct 8, 2024
My method is full suspension hanging. Silly as this may sound, I'm trying to "practice" and get used to the feeling so there are no surprises when I decide to go through with it. By "practice" I mean throwing the rope over my anchor point but not tying it off - simply holding it in my hands.

Sometimes I get the "head explosion" feeling that I know is incorrect. Other times, and I know this sounds weird, I get this oddly good feeling where I can feel my arms and legs starting to go numb kind of like when they fall asleep if you lay on them wrong. That's followed pretty quickly by a kind of floaty feeling in my head where it almost feels like I'm "spinning out" if that makes sense. I've noticed it's easier to get that feeling with the 12mm rope I just bought, with the rope high up under my chin and the slipknot behind my head slightly left of center. Is this the general feeling I should be going for? Not looking for advice, maybe just comparing experiences.

kat6

kat6

Sep 25, 2024
I don't know much about the subject tbh. But I've seen videos of people who were doing that (throwing the rope over anchor and holding it) and accidentally ctb. I don't know if it was the type of rope used, the knot or whatever, but for some reason, when they went unconscious and let go, they fell to the floor, but the knot didn't loosen enough for them to survive.