• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

AnxietyHangover

AnxietyHangover

Global Moderator
Aug 20, 2022
I decided to use partial hanging as my ctb method as I don't have the patience for everything to arrive using the SN method... Maybe that will change but I want partial hanging to be the secondary method at least. Anyway, I have a few questions:

• How thick should the rope be for a 260-pound man? Is 10mm enough?
  • The anchor point of the rope is 6'3'' tall, is that too tall? I'm 6'1'' myself. Would that work?
  • Is polypropylene a good material for the rope?

Regards

• Hugs
Reactions: leeloosnow
counting-out-time

counting-out-time

Just “hanging around”
Oct 10, 2022
That will be my choice too if the night night method fails however I have faith in the night night method as you can slowly tighten the ratchet while ajusting the foam pads to ensure they are over the arteries - I'm no rope guru so someone else may have a better idea but all I know is if that the rope is too thin then it will be excruciating pain but if too thick then will take longer to pass out- as mentioned it is the arteries in the neck that needs to be compressed and not the windpipe or that's where it gets painful

Aslong as only the arteries at the side of the Adams apple are compressed its a peaceful way out - I'm using a strap from a ratchet
also with partial, the hight of the anchor point doesn't really need to be taller than yourself - as long as its above say a door knob, you can even use that and lean forward to pass out, also a slipknot is better than a noose knot as once tightened it will stay tight

Reactions: ihatemylife and proxy
AnxietyHangover

AnxietyHangover

Global Moderator
Aug 20, 2022
That will be my choice too if the night night method fails however I have faith in the night night method as you can slowly tighten the ratchet while ajusting the foam pads to ensure they are over the arteries - I'm no rope guru so someone else may have a better idea but all I know is if that the rope is too thin then it will be excruciating pain but if too thick then will take longer to pass out- as mentioned it is the arteries in the neck that needs to be compressed and not the windpipe or that's where it gets painful

Aslong as only the arteries at the side of the Adams apple are compressed its a peaceful way out - I'm using a strap from a ratchet
also with partial, the hight of the anchor point doesn't really need to be taller than yourself - as long as its above say a door knob, you can even use that and lean forward to pass out, also a slipknot is better than a noose knot as once tightened it will stay tight
I would use that method too but I'm too dumb to figure it out. Depression has made me dumber.

counting-out-time

counting-out-time

Just “hanging around”
Oct 10, 2022
join the club - I've been so depressed lately I just bottle up my emotions - but I'm getting a bus ticket on halloween to end it all, hotel booked and all my kit ready packed up, I know it will make a lot of ppl sad such as family but they don't understand what pain I'm going through.

I would suggest reading the hanging/night night method megathreads - I got all my info from there and if you have any questions then you can ask anyone :) we are a community here and we all help each other

Reactions: Silent.Tears
AnxietyHangover

AnxietyHangover

Global Moderator
Aug 20, 2022
Read the hanging megathread and I decided it's the best for me, only that I don't know these variables like rope thickness.

AnxietyHangover

AnxietyHangover

Global Moderator
Aug 20, 2022
I think I have my answers. 10mm seems to be the sweet spot, and the store I'm buying from has the option to select loading capacity. Fantastic. I'll be free soon.

AnxietyHangover

AnxietyHangover

Global Moderator
Aug 20, 2022
I don't understand that either

Lucky you
It's between 10-12mm thickness, if you are a lighter weight person then go with 10, if you are bigger, like nearing 300 pounds maybe 12 is a better idea. And look at load capacity, I think big hardware stores should know this specification for their equipment.