• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

私はあなたと一緒に飛びます

May 14, 2019
If this belongs in the Firearms megathread, I'll be happy to move it over there.

So as many of you may know, the sweet spot is (to my understanding) the brainstem, and in order to hit said brainstem, you need to aim behind either your left or right ear, whatever is easier for you to hit, iirc.
Now, I've been told you can shoot in the indentation right below the ear, but I've also heard you might need to shoot/aim for above the ear for a quick and painless death.
What I'm asking for is, if possible, a picture of a diagram with the sweet spot clearly marked, so I can finally get a decent CTB plan in place. I really do hope you gents don't mind asking me this, and as I've said in the past, I'm considering a .357 revolver as my exit tool, but I also have heard that 9mm hollow point can also do the job in a pinch.

• Hugs
Reactions: Luchs
Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
If this belongs in the Firearms megathread, I'll be happy to move it over there.

So as many of you may know, the sweet spot is (to my understanding) the brainstem, and in order to hit said brainstem, you need to aim behind either your left or right ear, whatever is easier for you to hit, iirc.
Now, I've been told you can shoot in the indentation right below the ear, but I've also heard you might need to shoot/aim for above the ear for a quick and painless death.
What I'm asking for is, if possible, a picture of a diagram with the sweet spot clearly marked, so I can finally get a decent CTB plan in place. I really do hope you gents don't mind asking me this, and as I've said in the past, I'm considering a .357 revolver as my exit tool, but I also have heard that 9mm hollow point can also do the job in a pinch.
I'd like to help, but I am quite concerned about the legality of giving this kind of advice.

Reactions: Baskol1

私はあなたと一緒に飛びます

May 14, 2019
I'd like to help, but I am quite concerned about the legality of giving this kind of advice.
You can PM me if you like, my good man - and I assure you in the event of me taking such an action I'll contact the Mods/Admins to remove any traces. I'd really appreciate the help, friend.

Gorgon

Gorgon

A sad sad
May 1, 2019
This is something I really wanna know to it's one of the reasons I haven't yet

Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
First off, you're overthinking it. Press the barrel of a decent caliber handgun flat to the side of your head basically anywhere between the temple and the back of the ear, pull the trigger, and you're gone. If you're being extra careful, make sure you've got 5 minutes to bleed out before the paramedics arrive, but even that almost never makes a difference. People who survive self-inflicted gunshot wounds to the head tend to do so because they miss (or mostly miss) the brain, for example by shooting through the bottom of the chin, or putting the gun in their mouth or the like. And even a fair number of those are fatal. It's a highly lethal method, and you're probably better off to make sure you have a decent sized bullet and a large enough bullet path through brain material than you are trying to find the sweet spot to take out the brainstem.

Having said that, the basic issue with a suicidal gunshot wound to the head is that you have a number of tradeoffs to make. In general, though, a medium or large caliber round that crosses the sagittal plane (side to side) is almost always lethal, and any bullet that hits the brainstem is absolutely lethal. The brainstem is harder to hit, but as instant a death as you can get. Any other gunshot to the head actually kills by exsanguination (blood loss), though fortunately, for how much blood the brain uses, it takes a few minutes at most.

So, the easier shot (side-to-side, crossing the sagittal plane) is a slower death, the harder shot is instant. If your bullet trajectory is a bit off crossing the sagittal plane, it won't matter, if it's a bit of going for the brainstem, you might end up a quadriplegic, or as one of those heartbreaking case studies where someone had to shoot himself in the head 4 times to die. Trade off number one - brainstem or sagittal plane.

Ideally, you want a large caliber, high velocity round, which translates to a decent caliber rifle, or a shotgun slug. The problem with that is that the ideal round comes from a less than ideal gun - it's about impossible to make a side-to-side shot with a long gun, and going for the brainstem with a long gun means taking the through the mouth approach, which is harder than it sounds and can result in pretty horrific injuries in the event of a miss. (Intense burns on the inside of the mouth, facial disfigurement, permanent damage to the throat, full paralysis, etc.) Alternately, a handgun has a less than ideal round, but a much easier shot at either at the brainstem or crossing the sagittal plane. Trade off number two - better round, or gun that's easier to aim.

Then, there's the issue of what caliber round to use. If you've ever shot before, you know that generally speaking, the higher the caliber, the more recoil there is. Even small children can control the recoil on a .22 rifle, but it takes experience to shoot effectively with something at the other end of the range, like a .45 or a 50 cal. When it comes to a self inflicted gunshot wound to the head, that matters more than it would seem like it should - even experienced shooters tend to flinch a little when they're shooting themselves, and it's not possible to use the proper shooting stance and grip when aiming at one's head, so recoil matters. Trade off number three - higher caliber for more lethality, or lower caliber for more control.

Not my method, but if it were, I'd take a handgun and go side-to-side, rather than aiming at the brainstem. I've read too many horror stories about people who just ended up horribly injured after missing the brainstem.

Last edited:
aviator8

aviator8

Aug 22, 2019
the assassins' weapon of choice for a close range headshot is the .22Lr because they ricochet the most inside the brain. if that is out of the picture I would aim for the pons as that is a snipers sweet spot but the previous post is also correct...just about anything will do in a pinch and a lot of the brain damage from a gunshot wound is caused by the shockwave and not the bullet. just make sure you don't use anything too big, the bigger the caliber the better chance it enters and exits with minimal damage. I also wouldn't go any lower than the 22LR either because then the round wont have enough velocity to really do that much, other than that good luck.

Reactions: Barelyhuman and Baskol1
Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
the assassins' weapon of choice for a close range headshot is the .22Lr because they ricochet the most inside the brain.

That's as much fiction as it is fact. Professional killers, as a group (be they private or government sanctioned) don't have a preferred bullet caliber any more that anyone else does.

That said, if one were to endeavor to kill someone at close range with a firearm, a headshot (or two) from a suppressed firearm with subsonic .22LR ammo would be a good choice for the relatively low noise, smaller size (better concealability) of guns chambered for smaller calibers and the wider availability of subsonic ammunition in that caliber.

That said, no, there's not really a preference for that particular caliber outside the minds of Hollywood writers. Killers, like everyone else, tend to prefer what they have experience with and availability of. If you're a criminal who rolls with a 9mm, that's what you'll use to shoot someone in the head, if you're a special forces operator or intelligence field operative used to packing an M4 and a .45 sidearm, you'll use one of those to shoot someone in the head.

LonelyGhost

LonelyGhost

May 25, 2019
If things don't get better for me that's how I will go too. I'm giving it a couple of years to see what happens... but if a couple more things go south I'm out of here. I have access to many firearms already. It seems to me a guaranteed death would be to buy a shotgun (pistol grip) and equip it with 3 inch slugs... then go stand in a lake in the middle of nowhere and shoot yourself in the side of the head... if that doesn't do it you fall in the water and drown without feeling the pain since you'll be unconscious. A 3 inch slug to the side of the head would be lethal 100% I don't care what anybody says. You could write a note saying your body is in a lake somewhere etc... or don't even say that... you could say my body will not be found. That's what I would do. nobody would ever have to find your body or nothing. Probably the most peaceful death I can think of

Reactions: Qdv, Luchs and Baskol1
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
If things don't get better for me that's how I will go too. I'm giving it a couple of years to see what happens... but if a couple more things go south I'm out of here. I have access to many firearms already. It seems to me a guaranteed death would be to buy a shotgun (pistol grip) and equip it with 3 inch slugs... then go stand in a lake in the middle of nowhere and shoot yourself in the side of the head... if that doesn't do it you fall in the water and drown without feeling the pain since you'll be unconscious. A 3 inch slug to the side of the head would be lethal 100% I don't care what anybody says. You could write a note saying your body is in a lake somewhere etc... nobody would ever have to find your body or nothing. Probably the most peaceful death I can think of

Same for example if i lose my hearing completely, and maybe go nearly blind, i would kill myself. Or if i become homelss, or similar things.

Reactions: Luchs and LonelyGhost
Gorgon

Gorgon

A sad sad
May 1, 2019
A have a Taurus 9mm slim will that work? The bullets I have atm are full metal jacket would something else be better?

Reactions: Luchs and Baskol1
Luchs

Luchs

kristallene Bergluft über verfallener Gruft
Aug 20, 2019
A have a Taurus 9mm slim will that work? The bullets I have atm are full metal jacket would something else be better?
FMJ is good at piercing the skull if you wanna go in head on ( ;D) but doesn't cause too mucg damage going through.

Gorgon

Gorgon

A sad sad
May 1, 2019
I was gonna go side to side so maybe
FMJ is good at piercing the skull if you wanna go in head on ( ;D) but doesn't cause too mucg damage going through.
Hmm I was going to go side to side and aim for the brain stem so maybe should I get hollow points?

Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
Hollow points are better, yes. And be confident you can actually hit the brainstorm, or it's better to pick a different part of the brain to aim at.

D

dominodux

Nov 11, 2019
Lookingforabus made an excellent analysis, but with one error and imprecision, self shoot in mouth are failed because people shoot on their cheeks or the lower lateral side of brain (like in the movie FightClub), doing minor damage or paralysis.

Anyone shooting in mouth with approx a 38 caliber, streight and in the direction of the hair vertex, with a single shoot:

1) Hits the brainstem
2) Hits the cerebellum
3) The shockwave, rips the spinal connections
4) Hits the brain

This gives instant death in milliseconds. The world fastest possible death. (Less than a second)

Also several kind of bullets may produce several kind of damage, generating different propagation waves, anyway the method is lethal 99%
(give 1% failure to wet bullets, defective guns, instability of hands, exact position fail due to recoil).

Reference: I studied anatomy and the diagram of the cerebral anatomy related to mouth position is available on wiki.

Note: I do not promote anyone CTB with this method, i just give scientific informations.

Last edited:
S

Shaqxbb

Nov 13, 2019
Lookingforabus made an excellent analysis, but with one error and imprecision, self shoot in mouth are failed because people shoot on their cheeks or the lower lateral side of brain (like in the movie FightClub), doing minor damage or paralysis.

Anyone shooting in mouth with approx a 38 caliber, streight and in the direction of the hair vertex, with a single shoot:

1) Hits the brainstem
2) Hits the cerebellum
3) The shockwave, rips the spinal connections
4) Hits the brain

This gives instant death in milliseconds. The world fastest possible death. (Less than a second)

Also several kind of bullets may produce several kind of damage, generating different propagation waves, anyway the method is lethal 99%
(give 1% failure to wet bullets, defective guns, instability of hands, exact position fail due to recoil).

Reference: I studied anatomy and the diagram of the cerebral anatomy related to mouth position is available on wiki.

Note: I do not promote anyone CTB with this method, i just give scientific informations.
Hair vertex - you're referring to the spot on the rear/top of the head that resembles a cyclone, correct? Googling the term just brings me to hair loss treatments.

D

dominodux

Nov 11, 2019
Hair vertex - you're referring to the spot on the rear/top of the head that resembles a cyclone, correct? Googling the term just brings me to hair loss treatments.

correct