mapleboy

mapleboy

sleepy...
May 22, 2023
If you're on this forum, surely you understand that sometimes improvement is just impossible. You've potentially gone to therapy, been on medication, really tried your best to hang on and get your life together. But continuing to suffer for such little improvement, if any, isn't worth it. Let's say your (adult) child is or has been struggling as well. They've been to therapy, been on medication, possibly been institutionalized, and you've been doing your best to support them financially/emotionally.

However, they've come to the decision of ending their own life. Would you support this decision, knowing that they really have done all they can to keep themselves afloat? You know exactly how they feel, as you've possibly felt the same, had the same thoughts, and ultimately came up short with getting through life. Would you try to cling onto your child, and try to get them to keep going? Would you perhaps help them with their choice if they asked, why or why not? I probably could have worded this better, but I'm not the most articulate. I'm very curious about people's answers regarding the topic.

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36 and suffering_mo_7
maniac116

maniac116

My own worst enemy🌹💔
Aug 10, 2024
I'm powerless over other people including my kids, my girlfriend etc.
I believe in personal choice & personal responsibility, meaning if you want to ctb it's your choice & you alone are responsible, no matter how much it hurts me.
My kids didn't get to tell us they want to be born, and we don't get to tell them they can't leave this shithole.
Personal choice!🌹💔

Reactions: WhatPowerIs and mapleboy