Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Let's pretend you have a friend that needs to talk a lot. But you can't handle it so you guys need to come to a happy medium so you don't feel overwhelmed.

How could your friend still talk about things while still giving you the breathing room you need?

Reactions: onlyanimalsaregood
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
I accept emails full of venting as long as it's broken down in paragraphs and uses proper punctuation.

• Yay!
Reactions: Un- and onlyanimalsaregood
RedHarlequin

RedHarlequin

Mage
Jul 8, 2018
Let's pretend you have a friend that needs to talk a lot. But you can't handle it so you guys need to come to a happy medium so you don't feel overwhelmed.

How could your friend still talk about things while still giving you the breathing room you need?
I just tell them honestly that Im quite sensitive to different external stuff (give the example that I can't be at a restaurant for longer than 30mins, even if its with another introvert), and that it has nothing to do with them. I used to just suffer not wanting to draw attention, and have more friends, fit in,

• Hugs
Reactions: Life_and_Death
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I just tell them honestly that Im quite sensitive to different external stuff (give the example that I can't be at a restaurant for longer than 30mins, even if its with another introvert), and that it has nothing to do with them. I used to just suffer not wanting to draw attention, and have more friends, fit in,
I totally understand that. I've gotten that far. But I have borderline personality disorder (I'm not sure if you know so in case you dont) that means everything for me is like x100, I have abandonment issues and I take everything personally. I find it really difficult to give him his space so I'm hoping for ideas on how to stagger messages or something.

S

Seeking_Peace

Arcanist
May 18, 2022
Get more friends. Constantly overwhelming someone will give a bad vibe and get you blocked.

onlyanimalsaregood

onlyanimalsaregood

Unlovable 💔 Rest in peace CommitSudoku 🤍
Mar 11, 2022
I totally understand you. I have social anxiety. I can't be in crowded places so being in a restaurant it's not a choice for me right now :/
I totally understand that. I've gotten that far. But I have borderline personality disorder (I'm not sure if you know so in case you dont) that means everything for me is like x100, I have abandonment issues and I take everything personally. I find it really difficult to give him his space so I'm hoping for ideas on how to stagger messages or something.
I know +/- the bpd and sometimes I feel that I have that. Unfortunately I suffer from abandonment issues as well and it's really hard to deal with :(
I think that you should just be honest with the person and explain that sometimes you need space to deal with your stuffs and it's nothing to do with him. You should always think of yourself first, don't forget that.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: RedHarlequin