Q

qwerty123

Jun 29, 2020
I read that sodium nitrite is good. I found some on amazon and it's pink, here is the link. Amazon product ASIN B071XDPY8GWill I be successful if I only take the sodium nitrite without anything else like anti emetics?

Reactions: Fedrea
Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
That's curing salt,love. Like Prague powder.
You need Sodium Nitrite 99% (at least 95% minuimum).

Reactions: x-Ace-x, Helpneedtips and SSlostallhope
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
Please read the rules and FAQ page stating that links and sources should never be posted. And Delete your link In the OP

And curing salts are not the same.

please read more in the SN resource guide so you can educate yourself

Reactions: Buffy5120, MsMaudlin, autumnal and 3 others
Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
Spend a little time doing a bit of research,and if you're in the U.K. prepare to be patient getting hold of it.

• Love
Reactions: Metalhead, MsMaudlin, autumnal and 2 others
Q

qwerty123

Jun 29, 2020
Sodium Nitrite is a salt. It says that sodium nitrite is an ingredient along with regular salt and FD & C Red

L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/sn-resource-page.32633/

Reactions: Saed
Q

qwerty123

Jun 29, 2020
Please read the rules and FAQ page stating that links and sources should never be posted. And Delete your link In the OP

And curing salts are not the same.

please read more in the SN resource guide so you can educate yourself
Sodium nitrite is the active compound used in curing meats -.- I have done my research

Saed

Saed

Nondescript
Apr 21, 2020
Sodium Nitrite is a salt. It says that sodium nitrite is an ingredient along with regular salt and FD & C Red
O.K. mate. I consider myself schooled.
Have a nice trip with Prague powder.

Reactions: somniummalum and autumnal
Q

qwerty123

Jun 29, 2020
O.K. mate. I consider myself schooled.
Have a nice trip with Prague powder.
But why would they list sodium nitrite as an ingredient if there is no sodium nitrite?

L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
Sodium nitrite is the active compound used in curing meats -.- I have done my research
Yes it's used to cure meats but curing salts mixed with salt and red dye is not pure SN.
BUT since you're the expert and have done research, go for it!
Just make sure you can cancel your delayed messages when you don't ctb.

• Love
Reactions: autumnal and Saed
M

Mare Tranquillitatis

Mar 10, 2020
It contains only 6 % sodium nitrite, you need 99 %

Reactions: autumnal, Helpneedtips and Saed
L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
But why would they list sodium nitrite as an ingredient if there is no sodium nitrite?
Clearly you haven't done your research..

Reactions: autumnal, GrassFields and Saed
Q

qwerty123

Jun 29, 2020
I can't find any listings that ship to canada and are available
I found some at walmart

Last edited:
L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
Because it's not legal for private sale in Canada .. search bar top right hand corner .. type in SN Canada .

Q

qwerty123

Jun 29, 2020
there are no sellers in canada. ill try partial hanging again and hopefully not fuck it up like every other attempt

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Read the suicide wiki on SN. Yes, you can use the pink curing salt, but it would take a LOT, there is no guidance listed as to how much water you would need, and you'll have to do your own online research about reported deaths as no one on the forum, as far as I know, has reported attempting with it.

Reactions: x-Ace-x
R

Ragtime piano

Jul 2, 2020
Is Sodium Nitrite the same as Nitrite Salt? There is plenty of Nitrite Salt on Amazon

autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020

Yes, but it also clearly says 6.25% sodium nitrite. Notice also that salt is listed first on the ingredient list, which are generally in order of the largest proportion of an ingredient through to the smallest proportion of an ingredient. So that product you link to is a blend of 93.75% regular salt and only 6.25% sodium nitrite.

As others have tried to point out to you, for suicide purposes you need pure sodium nitrite on its own, at a purity of 95% or greater.

Read the suicide wiki on SN. Yes, you can use the pink curing salt, but it would take a LOT, there is no guidance listed as to how much water you would need, and you'll have to do your own online research about reported deaths as no one on the forum, as far as I know, has reported attempting with it.

I would personally tend to advise against giving much credibility to information on the Suicide Wiki, it has had past reports of incorrect information and can be edited by anyone.

iu
I would also be wary of Suicide Wiki suggestions about attempting using curing salts in such massive quantities as to theoretically provide a usable proportion of SN.

Reactions: somniummalum and Saed
J

Johnjohn1

Student
Nov 7, 2020
I just weighed is sodium nitrite on my digital scale and was surprised that it only was a few teaspoons that equated to 20 grams. I was wondering if perhaps my digital scale is off or if perhaps 20 grams of sodium nitrite is about 4 or so plastic teaspoons. Thank you for any feedback from anybody.