S

syde44

Sep 3, 2024
Just a quick question about the SN. Exactly how long can it take for CTB after drinking SN?
I'm preparing for CTB soon and I would like to know how much time I have because my friend comes home on Wednesday normally, so if I take the SN Tuesday evening between 10 p.m. and 2 a.m. on Wednesday, will it be enough for CTB and if it fails will that give me time to get back on track before my friend returns?

Last edited:
Reactions: nihilistic_dragon
N

nasigoreng99

Aug 23, 2024
Based on PPH, it's 40 mins to 4 hours.
Best of luck, my friend
Hope you found your peace 💛

Reactions: cowboypants and syde44
S

syde44

Sep 3, 2024
Is it guaranteed that it will not take more than 4 hours maximum?
And if failure due to vomiting, how long will it take to recover on your own without going to the hospital?

Reactions: deadkittyxo
N

nasigoreng99

Aug 23, 2024
I think it's not a guaranteed as the PPH said there is no way to predict the time of death of someone. But 4 hours might be the worst case i assume tho. As long as you pass out, your methb level is increasing.

Second question depends on each person. Most of people will need hospital care to be recovered from methb (1-2 days in hospital). If not going to hospital, i'm not sure tbh.

S

syde44

Sep 3, 2024
Ok thank you, it seems that there will remain a lot of unknowns.
But hey, a priori if I take the SN Tuesday evening between 10 p.m. and 2 a.m. on Wednesday, it should be more than enough for CTB before my friend returns Wednesday morning around 9 or 10 a.m.

Last edited:
B

BABS_

Jul 24, 2023
my question is how bad does it taste? i can barely take a shot will i even be able to drink a full glass of SN?

S

syde44

Sep 3, 2024
my question is how bad does it taste? i can barely take a shot will i even be able to drink a full glass of SN?
apparently it has no taste, it's just very salty

Reactions: Roadrunner and maynoname
S

syde44

Sep 3, 2024
I also wanted to ask a few things about the last meal.
There you go, I'm going CTB tomorrow evening and so tonight will be my last meal because I only eat in the evening.
For my last meal, I would like to treat myself, drink alcohol, and eat whatever I want without limiting myself.
My question is if I can have a very large last meal knowing that I will not eat anything afterwards or drink anything until CTB tomorrow evening between 10 p.m. and 2 a.m. on Wednesday?
Normally the stomach is empty after 4 to 6 hours, but will it take longer if the stomach is very full?
Do you think that if I stop eating and drinking at midnight tonight, my stomach will be completely empty tomorrow around 10 p.m.?
Up
Somebody to help ?

Last edited:
maynoname

maynoname

Student
Aug 13, 2024
10 hours without food I would say yes it's gonna be empty. But I don't see the quantity of food you are gonna eat/already eaten.

Reactions: syde44
S

syde44

Sep 3, 2024
Thank you for your response. I ate a good, fairly large meal but yes, the stomach is normally empty in 4 to 6 hours so I think that having eaten a lot, the stomach should be empty in maximum 10 hours, so that will be enough.
I took a metoclopramide at 8 a.m., I will take 1 again at 4 p.m. and 3 at midnight to normally take the SN at 1 a.m. Wednesday. I will take 40 minutes before the SN 5mg of lorazepam just to relax and 1000mg of paracetamol, I don't want to take too many medications beforehand so as not to risk falling asleep.
I'm still hesitant about propranolol, I can take 400mg at the same time as the 30mg of metoclopramide at midnight, but won't that make me fall asleep? Otherwise I can also take less, like 200mg which could perhaps be enough?
If there are any opinions I'm interested.

Reactions: maynoname
maynoname

maynoname

Student
Aug 13, 2024
Thank you for your response. I ate a good, fairly large meal but yes, the stomach is normally empty in 4 to 6 hours so I think that having eaten a lot, the stomach should be empty in maximum 10 hours, so that will be enough.
I took a metoclopramide at 8 a.m., I will take 1 again at 4 p.m. and 3 at midnight to normally take the SN at 1 a.m. Wednesday. I will take 40 minutes before the SN 5mg of lorazepam just to relax and 1000mg of paracetamol, I don't want to take too many medications beforehand so as not to risk falling asleep.
I'm still hesitant about propranolol, I can take 400mg at the same time as the 30mg of metoclopramide at midnight, but won't that make me fall asleep? Otherwise I can also take less, like 200mg which could perhaps be enough?
I don't know a lot about propranolol, I have to admit. Is your SN is from DMC ? (I'm just trying to establish a list of successful/ or not CTB with this source)

S

syde44

Sep 3, 2024
I don't know a lot about propranolol, I have to admit. Is your SN is from DMC ? (I'm just trying to establish a list of successful/ or not CTB with this source)
No, it's from another source in Poland

N

nasigoreng99

Aug 23, 2024
10 hours of fasting is good.
I have no idea about propanolol as I can't get it
Will you take 5mg lorazepam 40 mins before SN? Just be careful of the risk of it knocking you to sleep and fail to drink SN.
Hope the best for you my friend 🙏🏻

S

syde44

Sep 3, 2024
Thank you. Normally, 5mg of lorazepam is not enough to make me sleep, it's a little dose

Reactions: Roadrunner
maynoname

maynoname

Student
Aug 13, 2024
You are right to take it easy with lorazepam, having already taken it, it is strong.

S

syde44

Sep 3, 2024
You are right to take it easy with lorazepam, having already taken it, it is strong.
I know, i already took lorazepam, but you're right, i will start with one single dose of 2,5mg, i think it will be enough
And i will take one single dose of 40mg propranolol 1 hour before to take SN, it will help with heart rate and just one single dose will be better to prevent vomiting or the adverse effects of an overdose because 400mg still seems a very large quantity to me even if the PPEH recommended it before

Last edited: