gov

gov

Jul 25, 2023
For one of the posts on this site which I have bookmarked on my pc it said to tie a slipknot with an extra loop but I tried once doing it as tight as I could then the knot wouldn't budge and the time where I attempted it was hard to tighten the loop by pushing with my neck and it was a pain to take the rope off afterwards so do I need to tighten the part which controls the size of the loop less or more? Should I also maybe put like something if I do find something like bean bag like cause I don't have any but could I maybe use a folded up shirt or something like that

D

DaysOfTomorrow

Aug 16, 2023
It's the first time I'm hearing about the extra loop, which I just tried, and seems okay, I had tried the ordinary slipknot and it seems okay, so I'm curious as well to know whether I should be using double loop or not.

EDIT: I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing, because after further looking at the knot, it's the same exact knot as before, just a different method to tie it, however, if you're talking about two loops going around your neck, that's a different thing and I don't know anything about it.
But the ordinary slipknot holds my whole weight just fine.

Last edited:
gov

gov

Jul 25, 2023
It's the first time I'm hearing about the extra loop, which I just tried, and seems okay, I had tried the ordinary slipknot and it seems okay, so I'm curious as well to know whether I should be using double loop or not.

EDIT: I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing, because after further looking at the knot, it's the same exact knot as before, just a different method to tie it, however, if you're talking about two loops going around your neck, that's a different thing and I don't know anything about it.
But the ordinary slipknot holds my whole weight just fine.
on step 4 you do an extra wrap or two so it doesn't loosen

Reactions: DaysOfTomorrow
D

DaysOfTomorrow

Aug 16, 2023
I see, thanks a lot, seems more reliable for sure.

gov

gov

Jul 25, 2023
I see, thanks a lot, seems more reliable for sure.
The only issue I found is that it doesnt really tighten that easily and that couldve been why it didnt work caus eI waited like 15 seconds and nothing happened so

MrDarkness

MrDarkness

Left sasu, to improve my life
Jun 18, 2023
I never had to tie another knot, it was tight enough, just my rope ig, as long as it doesn't get lose through moving etc, your good

D

DaysOfTomorrow

Aug 16, 2023
The only issue I found is that it doesnt really tighten that easily and that couldve been why it didnt work caus eI waited like 15 seconds and nothing happened so
Well as I said the normal slipknot holds my weight just fine, maybe try that.
I did my best to break it, or in other words test it, but I couldn't, so I guess that's fine, because double loop creates extra friction.