B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
So I plan on doing sn. I actually was prescribed meto when i had to go to the hospital a couple months back bc i had gallbladder surgery, slow stomach emptying, and ibs-c.. so when i took meto i had a bad experience was very shaky and couldn't relax not sure if it was akathisia but I definitely told them not to give it to me again and it wore off after a day but that was the worst experience of my life...that being said should i just not even bother taking meto with sn since i had that experience on a very low dose... also i know i asked before but im pretty sure sn will work just want to make sure since i have ibs c, slow emptying (the doctors said i have gastroparesis but i dont vomit so idk if i really have it?) Even though the emptying test showed slow emptying so im just gunna say i have gastroparesis without vomiting) and no gallbladder and gastritis do u think sn will work for me...? Sorry i know this is all over the place im a wreck

• Hugs
Reactions: Bustedhornet
S

SadGuyWannaDie

Aug 27, 2020
The scientific literature I've read shows that Domperidone is an antiemetic often prescribed in place of meto because it doesn't seem to have the same central nervous system side effects. It's hard to say how your issues will effect the process specifically. I understand why you would be concerned about the slow emptying. Gastritis may lead to ulcers you might want to be sure you don't have any if your going to consume SN because the sodium will probably make them burn.

B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
Yeah my gastritis went away after my gallbladder surgery but yeah idk but i know i can ask my gi for domperidone instead i havent thrown up in months but he doesnt need to know :pfff: i actually havent after my surgery so thats why im saying i honestly dont think i have gastroparesis cus i dont throw up i think before it was due to my gallbladder but yeah my stomach sometimes still empties slow

Last edited:
Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
Diphenhydramine is supposed to help with the physical symptoms caused by meto, if you have access to it. Meto should make your stomach empty faster. Do you know if it actually has that effect on you?

B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
I just know when i took the drug i couldnt relax and felt very agitated/shaky.

Reactions: Viro_Major
S

SadGuyWannaDie

Aug 27, 2020
Yeah my gastritis went away after my gallbladder surgery but yeah idk but i know i can ask my gi for domperidone instead i havent thrown up in months but he doesnt need to know :pfff: i actually havent after my surgery so thats why im saying i honestly dont think i have gastroparesis cus i dont throw up i think before it was due to my gallbladder but yeah my stomach sometimes still empties slow
It may be easy for you to obtain the Domperidone then if you tell them the meto worked for the nausea but gave you akathisia symptoms. I believe the default alternative would be to prescribe the Domperidone. Silver is also right about diphenhydramine being given right alongside meto for that reason.

D

Donewiyhitall

Sep 5, 2020
Would an email work if you don't have meto?
*enama not email