Faulisdead

Faulisdead

Feb 9, 2019
I've already asked this on the hanging megathread but have received no response. So I get that I need to tie a slipknot with my "rope". However, what knot do I need to use to tie my "rope" to the fixture I'll be hanging from?
Also, in you're opinion, what's the best material/object to use for your "rope"?

Reactions: deadalready, sadgirl9999 and Sickman75
Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
I've already asked this on the hanging megathread but have received no response. So I get that I need to tie a slipknot with my "rope". However, what knot do I need to use to tie my "rope" to the fixture I'll be hanging from?
Also, in you're opinion, what's the best material/object to use for your "rope"?
I dont think you need a special kmot to tie the rope to the fixture. what kind of fixture?
Fishing boat rope or a niced sized one that you can get at your hardware store.

Reactions: Faulisdead
Faulisdead

Faulisdead

Feb 9, 2019
I dont think you need a special kmot to tie the rope to the fixture. what kind of fixture?
Fishing boat rope or a niced sized one that you can get at your hardware store.
I'd be tying the rope to a thick metal bar. I'm not good with knots, so I was wondering what would be the best, secure knot to tie to the metal bar.

Reactions: Sickman75
Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
probably the simple over and under knot that we always make with our shoe strings
i dont think you need anything fancy. but you may want to type in knots wiki see if
some pics show up. hopefully it holds to the metal bar

Reactions: Faulisdead
Jiva

Jiva

I want ...
Nov 18, 2018
Good is every solid rope, what's easy sliding. And if you use a simple loop, it is maximally easy. It is more better than use a hangman knot.