Laststop

Laststop

Experienced
Jul 9, 2019
I read a lot of comments about people who don't wish to use firearms as an option. Comments about how scary they are, or intimidating. Or various other ways to describe why it's unsuitable, or undesirable, as a method. Why exactly though? I mean, are you afraid of guns? Does the idea of using one scare you? I mean, besides the obvious. Like, what you're using it for, which is scary. But are you afraid of guns as objects, and their function? The explosion of discharge? Or is it that you don't want to leave behind a corpse that has the damage a firearm does? Any answer is right, for you. No judgement, I just wonder.

Reactions: Circles and a_strange_day
A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
I'm not afraid of guns, my fathers taught me how to use guns and shotguns when I was still a kid and I liked it, never had one myself though.
so for me it's not fear but just the fact that I cant see death by firearm as something peaceful, and I'd like a peaceful ending please

Reactions: Circles and Laststop
C

calendulo

Enlightened
Jun 13, 2019
Guns are not an option. I do not think so.
Availability in mostly countries are very limited, almost impossible.
When any person take a decision like self-deliverance I am totally sure them get not any afraid.
Yes there is a lot of method more peaceful, maybe guns are too much violent.

Reactions: Circles
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
I have guns, generally enjoy shooting, and have spent a fair bit of time pointing one at my head, trying to pull the trigger --SI is a damnable paralysis! But while I may eventually use a gun for its expedience, I'd prefer a different method just because of the traumatic mess it would leave behind for my family.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I think most people may live in places where it is difficult to acquire a firearm (first and foremost), usually outside of the US or in certain states with really strict gun laws (California, New York, Illinois, to name a few). Then of course, the damage and mess it leaves behind. Some people care about the manner in which they pass, the funeral, and even their loved ones after they pass, all of which are valid reasons and very respectful of them.