M

MusicToLogIn

Student
Sep 20, 2021
Hello.
I have a question about drowning.
Is it enough that I walk into deeper parts of a lake with weights that pull me to the ground and then drown?
I would carry the weight in a backpack.
Or do I need something to knock me out.
And how much of weight do i need to pull me to the ground (i weigh about 80kg's)?

Thx. Music.

TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022
Will be a nasty death without sedation, put it that way!!

And why not just test what is heavy enough for you personally……everyone can carry different weight.

Reactions: rozeske
M

MusicToLogIn

Student
Sep 20, 2021
Can you recommend something for sedation?
I have zopiclone. Can i just take a high dose of it and then fall asleep in the water?
I dont how to test the weight, without people beeing suspicous of me.
How would you test the weights?
Is there maybe a formular from diving?

Last edited:
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
Many people sink without any additional weights. You can use some 10 kg dumbbell to ensure sinking.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
It's only important that your mouth and nose stays below water surface. From this point of view 10cm are enough. But I'm pretty sure your SI will kick in and cause you a terrible and agonizing time. I don't recommend drowning. Anyway I wish you all the best and I hope you find peace in whatever you decide to do.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
You need some kind of sedative to knock you out and drown you. Without that drowning while conscious being weighed down is a very painful way to go. Your instinct to keep breathing leads you to breath in water that burns people discribe it as swallowing fire.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
I have zopiclone. Can i just take a high dose of it and then fall asleep in the water?
You can but depends on the dose.

P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
Any proof-links?
Have you ever tried to put our head under water and make a deep breath? I think that's a very comfortable feeling ^^ *irony off*

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
That is, nothing concrete. OK.

Yes. It is somewhat unpleasant, but doesn't even nearly resemble the sensations of burning with fire.
Everyone's experiences with dying methods are different. That is why researches are done from experiences of several incidents and conclusions are drown. Here is one paper for example. Am not sure how much concrete you would consider it though.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
That is, nothing concrete. OK.

Yes. It is somewhat unpleasant, but doesn't even nearly resemble the sensations of burning with fire.
I think it's pretty much subjective feeling and there's a difference if someone can get their heads out into air or not. All in all we can say that it's a very unpleasant experience for most imo.

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
It mentions "burning sensation" without comparing it with fire. When I had water in my airways, my perceptions resembled rather a moderate acidic burning than intense heat that could be perceived with fire.
How many 10kg dumbbbell's would i need?
Depends on whether you want to prevent floating after your body starts to decay and bloat because of putrefactive gases. If this is not important and you remove all your clothes that could hold air, then a single dumbbell should suffice.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
It mentions "burning sensation" without comparing it with fire. When I had water in my airways, my perceptions resembled rather a moderate acidic burning than intense heat that could be perceived with fire.
Dude/dudette am not the drowning police nor is it my method. That is my own conclusion on the matter from my own research (not from a comment of one member or one paper but rather a deep research) You should do your own through research for your method. If your research concluded otherwise so be it. Don't expect people to give you "concrete proof" or approve your ctb method. Or maybe do, it's still your choice.

T

TheDruBo

Orange, I guess.
Jan 25, 2024
I think it's pretty much subjective feeling and there's a difference if someone can get their heads out into air or not. All in all we can say that it's a very unpleasant experience for most imo.
In 1791, British admiral Sir Francis Beaufort recalled an event in which he drowned: 'A calm feeling of the most perfect tranquillity succeeded the most tumultuous sensation … Nor was I in any bodily pain. On the contrary, my sensations were now of rather a pleasurable cast'.

Reactions: TimetoGo! and Praestat_Mori
M

MusicToLogIn

Student
Sep 20, 2021

Depends on whether you want to prevent floating after your body starts to decay and bloat because of putrefactive gases. If this is not important and you remove all your clothes that could hold air, then a single dumbbell should suffice.
Should i put more dumbbells in my backpack, so i cant swim at all? Or would you just take enough to sink.

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Trying to drown that way will take willpower. It's a rather painful way to go as well, so you can add the agony to the SI. It'll work if you've got the willpower I guess, but I'd assume hardly anyone has that.

KAZ-2Y5

KAZ-2Y5

Verrückt
Jul 23, 2023
Drowning is extremely painful because you're suffocating your head feels like it's tearing apart. When I tried drowning it didn't burn my airway or lungs at all - it was fresh luke warm water. You'd have to have something sedating that'll make you pass out. Yk like tie a 10lb weight to your ankle and inject some type of drug to make you pass out that was when you're swimming you won't know you're dead you just pass out and sink. I wanna do this but I don't have access to drugs… and I wouldn't know what kind of drug to use
How well will using that drug make you fall asleep while swimming?

Last edited:
Reactions: MusicToLogIn
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
Should i put more dumbbells in my backpack, so i cant swim at all?
A backpack can hold some air, reducing the average density. You can add 3 kg to compensate this. If you add too much weight, you can have some difficulties with carrying the weights to the place.

If the water is not cold, you can also buy an air duster and try to inhale the gas from it after submerging. This could help you pass out before aspiration of water into the airways would begin.