Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
this is an educational discussion. im trying to put info together so i can understand my problem.

ive tried researching it and i can find similarities but not my specific problem and it really fucks with how i feel about myself.
its not gender dysphoria, im female, probably closer to nonbi but certainly not male so im content with myself (although wish the other gender would knock it off, i only hate my gender because of the assholes)
but this is where it gets a little more complicated because anytime ive tried to search it i keep coming up with the above answer and thats just not it. i think i read about body dysphoria where as the above is gender dysphoria i think. but from what i recall its not my problem, or maybe it is and just manifests differently?
ever play a game and where you pick out your game has a million different slide bars so you can completely readjust things how you want? thats what its like with my face. when i look in the mirror someone played with the slides ever so slightly. what i read about the closest possibility is your arms/legs look unproportionate to the body, but thats not my problem. its only in my face. every time i look in the mirror i dont look right, slightly off. like one time my face was overweight SIGNIFICANTLY. it looked like my body should be 500lbs or something (but it doesnt effect my body), my cheeks were all puffy, my eyes were squinted because of the "weight". its typically more minor differences, that was the worse case i had.

any ideas??
(changed title due to comment from @ManicPanic2018, sorry if theres most likely still mistakes in the post itself, but my brain cant go through that rn)

Last edited:
ManicPanic2018

ManicPanic2018

Night of the final day
Sep 11, 2022
Do you mean body dysmorphia, not dysphoria? As in Body Dysmorphic Disorder.

Reactions: Marine and Life_and_Death
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Do you mean body dysmorphia, not dysphoria? As in Body Dysmorphic Disorder.
possibly. the words were all so close im not sure
sounds closer
A person with body dysmorphia has a disorder in which they perceive their body or face as "ugly," "fat," or otherwise unattractive despite medical or personal reassurances.

i did say it was an educational discussion lol thank you

Last edited:
ManicPanic2018

ManicPanic2018

Night of the final day
Sep 11, 2022
i did say it was an educational discussion lol thank you
You're welcome. I've got tonnes of expereince about body / gender dysphoria but not much I can add about dysmorphia, but the two terms are quite commonly mixed up.

Reactions: Life_and_Death
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
this is a lot closer, unless im missing something doesnt exactly feel like it (although i have it as well), it doesnt quite fit. i do freak about what is there that i notice other people going along with and im like "how!!!???" but it doesnt feel the same as physically viewing myself different.
the two terms are quite commonly mixed up.
we need to tell them to change the letters or something, BPD is commonly mistaken for bipolar. youd think theyd learn lol

Reactions: ManicPanic2018