• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

A

amightyquack

Dec 19, 2021
Are they viable? they contain 3-6 mg of "C" per almond. I wonder if a method of crushing and soaking a large quantity of it in water will make the water lethal.

UnravelingWinter

UnravelingWinter

I wish I was a sunflower
Mar 19, 2022
In the US at least, it's illegal to sell bitter almonds that haven't been refined. I also think the C poisoning works in a similar manner to SN, so it's probably better to just take SN.

GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
Bitter almonds / apricot kernels, like the seeds of certain fruits such as apples and pears, do not contain the same sort of cyanide that we call deadly cyanide. They contain something called amygdalin, or vitamin B17, this is a naturally occuring cyanogenic glycoside, and like other cyanogenic compounds such as vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) it is in fact quite safe and even healthy in moderation. It is helpful for maintaining good health and preventing cancer.

The idea that one can easily consume a lethal dose of cyanide via ingestion of apricot kernels or apple seeds is a myth.

• Informative
Reactions: eternalflame, shrek34, rationaltake and 2 others
Joeydoe

Joeydoe

Aug 17, 2022
Shively RM, Harding SA, Hoffman RS, Hill AD, Astua AJ, Manini AF. Rebound metabolic acidosis following intentional amygdalin supplement overdose. Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2020 Apr; 58(4): 290-293. [https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31322009/]
Bitter almonds / apricot kernels, like the seeds of certain fruits such as apples and pears, do not contain the same sort of cyanide that we call deadly cyanide. They contain something called amygdalin, or vitamin B17, this is a naturally occuring cyanogenic glycoside, and like other cyanogenic compounds such as vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin) it is in fact quite safe and even healthy in moderation. It is helpful for maintaining good health and preventing cancer.

The idea that one can easily consume a lethal dose of cyanide via ingestion of apricot kernels or apple seeds is a myth.
Can you cite a recent, reputable source for the cancer claim?

S

SwimDeadPool

My Heart and I Have Decided to End it All
Oct 1, 2022
Shively RM, Harding SA, Hoffman RS, Hill AD, Astua AJ, Manini AF. Rebound metabolic acidosis following intentional amygdalin supplement overdose. Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2020 Apr; 58(4): 290-293. [https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31322009/]

Can you cite a recent, reputable source for the cancer claim?

Bitter almonds are illegal for cancer treatment (FDA) but not illegal in the USA for baking(the heating and baking removes the amygdalin)