OneMoreStep

OneMoreStep

Dec 3, 2020
Ive been looking into insomnia and sleep deprivation and have decided im going to attempt to stay awake long enough for serious side effects to take place. They could be positive or negative, i dont really care if i get fucked up from it.

The longest ive stayed awake is probably 72 hours but that was while i was on drugs and partying so i couldn't tell you what it did to me, i was so fucked up already that who knows.

That may not be impressive to some, but everyone is different. Technically 72 hours is well into extreme sleep deprivation and warnings of hallucinations, illusions, delusions and depersonalization. Some people can stay awake this long and experience nothing. I want to see what it will do to me, not others.

At the 96 hour mark i may experience sleep deprivation psychosis, which at this point might be too unwired to give any updates or keep myself safe. I think it will take 100 hours before i start becoming alarmingly different just based on experience.

Sleep deprivation is used as torture, and its also used to treat depression, which is what started my interest in doing this. You can find many articles covering both subjects. How can something so simple as staying awake be used as both a weapon and a healing device? Well the weapon part i understand...but to cure depression? Now, they are not suggesting staying awake until you feel better lol. There has just been enough research and data to give credit to the potential benefits (25-50% of people say their mood increased after cutting down their sleep) i dont think any of them would approve of me trying to stay awake in one bender.

Nobody is going to care to hear about my symptoms until like 48 hours i think. Everyone has experienced that at one point at least right? After that im going to start documenting how i feel. Im going to try and stay up for as long as i can.

the only drug ill use is caffeine and weed. Weed sounds like a dumb idea, but it will be fine for me. I dont think staying up will be hard until after a couple days. Im very good at paranoid thinking, getting my heart racing, and failing to close my eyes anyway lol. I can make myself cry on command just by thinking about my life, so i dont see keeping myself awake with thoughts will be a issue.

my hopes is i will experience something new. Im a completely empty shell and just want to feel, regardless of what. Im into hallucinogens so that part will be cool. Its the psychoses part that intrigues me. The risk of permanent damage is small, and im already permanently damaged so fuck it. This cat is morbidly curious and i dont even have to die to itch this one lol.

shouldn't be any physical pain either. And hey, if it ever becomes too much, ill just pass out. Pretty big safety net on such a supposedly risky idea. Im not concerned about the side effects anyway. Maybe they will write a article about me and i can finally contribute something to society. Or maybe not.

The world record is 264 hours by some 17 year old whose health was being monitored by sleep professionals. They said the deprivation had little effect besides minor things like mood swings. Little effect, and thats the world record. I wonder how close i can come to that...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: The end ! and foxdie
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
Wow, sounds interesting. I always chicken out when I start hallucinating and get loopy. Or I just pass out without notice. I wish you luck if you're okay with all the bad side effects. For science!

• Love
Reactions: NeverSatisfied and The end !
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Good luck. I just had sleep deprivation the other night and it was pure hell. I wanted to cry so bad last night because I couldn't get to sleep, but finally did

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: NeverSatisfied and The end !
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Well good luck, sleep deprivation is horrible and it's gonna be hard to avoid sleeping in the later stages

• Love
Reactions: Wisdom3_1-9, NeverSatisfied and The end !
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Longest I ever spent awake was one week.
I spent six months with less than one hour of sleep a night.
If you think it might treat depression, I believe you will be sorely mistaken.
The damage it will do to your neurotransmitter levels, hormonal balance, blood sugar, plus all sorts of other stuff is hardly worth it imo and will cancel out whatever positive effect you might envisage, whilst at the same time training your brain to never be able to get back to sleep again.
There are many people on here with serious insomnia.
It destroys lives and makes everything worse.
I don't doubt you may have issues now, but wait till you go for too long without sleep.
As someone who has experienced this both acutely and chronically, I don't recommend it.
Your call though.

• Love
Reactions: LifeQuitter2018, Wisdom3_1-9, Jarni and 4 others
NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

Experienced
Dec 28, 2020
How's it going? This sounds extremely interesting

S

silent staring void

Student
Jan 22, 2020
I tried this one time a year ago because my mother told me that sleep deprivation is a treatment for depression. I did it for two nights and it made no difference for me. Maybe you'd have to do it for a longer time to feel anything though. If anything it made me more depressed because I didn't know what to do all night. I simply love sleeping so much and I don't want to miss out on it. Tbh I think the positive effect this has might be a placebo but I haven't read into it so what do I know.

Reactions: NeverSatisfied
A

AnOrangeDonut

Nov 17, 2020
I have a friend who does that and it always scares me. mostly because he seems like he's high and that puts me on edge 'cause like and stuff. It hasnt really helped him with his depression, but he's kinda developed an addiction to it likes the way it feels or somthing. Do I guess it kinda worked. Anyhow I hope it goes well for you

Reactions: NeverSatisfied