Rain_Hermit

Rain_Hermit

Dec 12, 2021
I always keep wondering if this is all a dream.The general populace around me,my loved ones,my circumstances, ,this whole world feels like a dream and I am a mere observer.It's always been "Who am I?" but before I drifted of to sleep last night I wondered WHAT am I.I really don't know if I am real anymore.I hallucinated people talking this morning.
I can't tell what is real anymore all I can feel is drowning in this ocean of madness.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: D&D, narval, MindFrog and 3 others
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
Several philosophies do not regard the world as real. I'm sure the medical establishment would be quick to lock people up who may be having genuine insights into the nature of reality.

Reactions: Rain_Hermit, D&D, ClownMe and 2 others
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
I think about this often, i wouldn't be surprised if were living in a simulation

Reactions: Rain_Hermit and Pluto
narval

narval

Enlightened
Jan 22, 2020
There's even theories that says that all we knows and all the universe is a simulation of a single brain.

Just a question: if I or my brain are placed in a tube with connectors that fakes the sensory inputs (Whoever who saw Matrix catches the idea) or any tech/metaphisichal equivalent... How anyone can "awake" of this simulation? If it's well made, probably it's impossible without external circumstances like accidents, "human" errors (human or whatever it exists out there), forces of nature (earthquaques that breaks the sistem IE) or just rescuers.

I think that's impossible by our own hand. All we can do is deal what this "reality" in the best way we can... and, hummmmm, "exit of this simulation" when we're prepared

PD: yes, there's a chance that all of you can be a delirium of a broken man and I can't do anything but live with it

Reactions: Rain_Hermit, Pluto and callme
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I'm not with the simulation guys, since we can fuck up certain brain areas (in our reality) and therefore change people's perceptions. So it looks like all of the buttons are in here. Sure, it's not completely impossible for everything that I experience to be manufactured (hyper-realistic Hell simulator), but neither is the non-existence of Santa and so on.

Reactions: Rain_Hermit and Pluto
D&D

D&D

Write something, even if it’s just a suicide note.
Dec 3, 2021
When people talk/pray to God they are considered religious, when God talks back to them, they are considered psychotic.

In both instances it is the majority's agreement on the nature of 'reality' that determines what that 'reality' is/is not.

Through the history the majority agreed on many 'realities' that were later discarded. Shape of the planet being the more popular example.

I do not think any one of us humans can know the whole, abstract, objective reality whatever it might be. Only a tiny portion of it confirmed as reality by those that, together with us, inhabit our microcosm. For the time being.

Reactions: Rain_Hermit
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
There are different levels of real. The thing that makes something more real is longevity. Permanence is a concept but in reality doesn't exist. Only permanent things are truly real but they dont exist.