Neurodoom

Neurodoom

This file is corrupt and cannot be opened.
Aug 13, 2019
I'm terrified.
Of what can go wrong, I live in a sober living house and I'm not sure if it'll be suspicious receiving a package considered hazardous.
I'm calmly relieved.
Life for me has been a tragedy. At 26 I've been intermittently suicidal for ~10 years. I deal with memories of being sexually abused as a child, shamefully hiding self-harm scars (both seem even more of a stigma considering I'm male), and constant paranoia, anxiety, depression and shame. Virtually everyone I come into contact with ignores me or dislikes me in some way, whether it's my depressed and unfriendly appearance or when I let down my mask and they get a peek of my false self. I don't mean to seem rude, angry, or depressed all the time. I just have (undiagnosed) severe depression and social anxiety and I don't trust your intentions and I'm pretty sure everyone is out to get me or harm me in some way. I hate everything about my past abuses, the memories never leave me.
I'm ready.
When I graduated rehab in February I felt like I had a second chance. I was going to get psychological help at any means, I was gonna find a career that I could thrive in, finally find that healthy non-codependent relationship. I did half of those things, and didn't even do it right. I'm still working as a dishwasher, and in yet another codependent relationship that's long distance. My "boyfriend" that's been busy with college and doesn't even take the time to text or call me anymore. He says he still cares and loves me but also that he's smothered and he needs time for his school. I don't want to be selfish but I'm literally dying without him. He expects me to just focus on my life without contacting him for days at a time until the semester is over (December). Without focusing on him I realize that I'm completely alone. My life is empty and scary and full of dark. Nobody offering reassurance, nobody offering a listening ear, helping hand, nobody who understands, nobody who cares. And he's one of them

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: NasiGoreng, Dead Meat, Midgardsorm and 1 other person
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I'm terrified.
Of what can go wrong, I live in a sober living house and I'm not sure if it'll be suspicious receiving a package considered hazardous.
I'm calmly relieved.
Life for me has been a tragedy. At 26 I've been intermittently suicidal for ~10 years. I deal with memories of being sexually abused as a child, shamefully hiding self-harm scars (both seem even more of a stigma considering I'm male), and constant paranoia, anxiety, depression and shame. Virtually everyone I come into contact with ignores me or dislikes me in some way, whether it's my depressed and unfriendly appearance or when I let down my mask and they get a peek of my false self. I don't mean to seem rude, angry, or depressed all the time. I just have (undiagnosed) severe depression and social anxiety and I don't trust your intentions and I'm pretty sure everyone is out to get me or harm me in some way. I hate everything about my past abuses, the memories never leave me.
I'm ready.
When I graduated rehab in February I felt like I had a second chance. I was going to get psychological help at any means, I was gonna find a career that I could thrive in, finally find that healthy non-codependent relationship. I did half of those things, and didn't even do it right. I'm still working as a dishwasher, and in yet another codependent relationship that's long distance. My "boyfriend" that's been busy with college and doesn't even take the time to text or call me anymore. He says he still cares and loves me but also that he's smothered and he needs time for his school. I don't want to be selfish but I'm literally dying without him. He expects me to just focus on my life without contacting him for days at a time until the semester is over (December). Without focusing on him I realize that I'm completely alone. My life is empty and scary and full of dark. Nobody offering reassurance, nobody offering a listening ear, helping hand, nobody who understands, nobody who cares. And he's one of them
I'm sorry to hear about how life has treated you. Do you have anyone at that halfway house you can talk to?

Neurodoom

Neurodoom

Aug 13, 2019
I'm sorry to hear about how life has treated you. Do you have anyone at that halfway house you can talk to?
Not about any of this. I want to but it won't really change anything. I tried contacting mental health services to talk to a therapist/psychiatrist and they turned me away. I'll try everything one more time.

Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Not about any of this. I want to but it won't really change anything. I tried contacting mental health services to talk to a therapist/psychiatrist and they turned me away. I'll try everything one more time.
Why did they turn you away? I did not get much help with therapy personally, but it's worth a try. What about the people in the halfway house makes them seem like they wouldn't listen?

Neurodoom

Neurodoom

Aug 13, 2019
Why did they turn you away? I did not get much help with therapy personally, but it's worth a try. What about the people in the halfway house makes them seem like they wouldn't listen?
I'm guessing it was too late in the day. I agree, therapy hasn't helped me in my life. Also the only person who would listen would be my boyfriend as I only trust few people and only a few peoples words matter to me. I don't trust the sincerity of just anyone's kind words.

Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
I'm guessing it was too late in the day. I agree, therapy hasn't helped me in my life. Also the only person who would listen would be my boyfriend as I only trust few people and only a few peoples words matter to me. I don't trust the sincerity of just anyone's kind words.
Has your boyfriend gone through the same things you have?

Neurodoom

Neurodoom

Aug 13, 2019
Has your boyfriend gone through the same things you have?
We have the similarities when it comes to our mental states, but I'm definitely worse off than him apparently. We got into a huge argument because I had an "episode" and he communicated he needed time away from me, adding that his school demands his attention more. He thinks I'm obsessing over how much me and him talk, but I just need him to at least text me and reassure me.