after going to the psychward, do you feel better or worse?

• better

• worse

• neutral

Results are only viewable after voting.
nora.

nora.

Be Free
Jan 2, 2021
mine's bad as hell. worst days of my life. how's yours?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Wrennie, shadowchaser, kite and 1 other person
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
For me, never again. Unless it's a private institution.
mine's bad as hell. worst days of my life. how's yours?
Was a very bad experience, the rules, the food, all the meds that left me drooling, countless hours in front of a TV set, something I dont do at home. Sorry about your bad experience also.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie, shadowchaser and kite
shadowchaser

shadowchaser

Aug 1, 2019
I'm so sad to see this many people being failed by the system. I suppose I was lucky; nothing really changed for me when I went, but at least it didn't make me feel worse.

Reactions: Wrennie
M

merpmerp

Apr 5, 2020
The worst I felt was after leaving a psychward. Pretty sure theres a statistic that upon leaving the ward people are much more likely to CTB.

• Hugs
Reactions: shadowchaser and Wrennie
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
My stay was miserable. Most of the staff there were insufferable dullards. Some, though well-meaning, attempted to convert me to Christianity as a treatment approach. I had to partake in "sensory" groups where we listened to Native American flute music and did pointless exercises. I had no access to my phone. A deranged old man would keep the entire ward up at night with his prolonged screaming fits. I was put on a drug that gave me a severe allergic reaction and nobody there believed that I was actually in pain. One nurse went so far as to shout at me when I begged her for assistance in alleviating my physical suffering.

This was my first time being sectioned. It was at the same hospital that I was taken to via ambulance after my attempt. I ended up attending another program shortly thereafter which was slightly more tolerable but ultimately proved to be worthless.

I have PTSD from the whole ordeal.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: shadowchaser
Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
Was in a private institution for 2-3 weeks November/December last year.

I feel I am almost back to where I was before I went into hospital. I honestly don't think such a short hospital stay is even worth it. I think unless it's a month, it's not really going to help.

I am better somewhat because of a change in meds and not using alcohol. If I use alcohol I will absolutely deteriorate and end up in A&E or the ground.

• Hugs
Reactions: shadowchaser and Wrennie