• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

bluem00n

bluem00n

Fatally killed to death
Sep 10, 2022
S1223

After extensive research of the CTB methods available to me ... [1] hanging [2] jumping [3] hydrogen sulfide [4] VSED ... all of which pose significant hazards / varying degrees of failure ... I have decided to pursue Pyschogenic Death, as it's reportedly both painless and fairly quick. And hey, I'm already more than halfway there!

I sort of intend to post details of how best to pursue this strategy, though please bear in mind that as I'm pretty much fully immersed in Stage III lately, I might find I can't actually be stuffed posting again ... :tongue:

EDIT: source of image - YouTube (provides a pretty good description of each stage, and the neurological processes involved)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, leeloosnow, AloneInCollege and 3 others
bluem00n

bluem00n

Fatally killed to death
Sep 10, 2022
im on 3rd stage it sucks af
Your personal circumstances need to be able to accomodate the conditions that characterise each stage ...

For example, the Stage III parameter "ceases washing or caring for personal hygiene" isn't a problem for me, as I live in extreme solitude and have no dependency whatsoever on the goodwill of others or them having a good opinion of me.

So I simply couldn't care less if people are offended by my appearance or body odour. Plus I save a lot of money on electricity that way, through not needing to heat hot water for showers or baths, and I very rarely use my washing machine (I haven't washed my bed sheets since I bought them about four years ago).

In contrast to all that, if you're sharing accomodation / living with other people / otherwise socially connected (such as having a job), then that one aspect of Stage III alone is gonna pose problems and thus create obstacles to progressing to Stage IV ...

H

[HNO]

Experienced
Aug 21, 2022
Your personal circumstances need to be able to accomodate the conditions that characterise each stage ...

For example, the Stage III parameter "ceases washing or caring for personal hygiene" isn't a problem for me, as I live in extreme solitude and have no dependency whatsoever on the goodwill of others or them having a good opinion of me.

So I simply couldn't care less if people are offended by my appearance or body odour. Plus I save a lot of money on electricity that way, through not needing to heat hot water for showers or baths, and I very rarely use my washing machine (I haven't washed my bed sheets since I bought them about four years ago).

In contrast to all that, if you're sharing accomodation / living with other people / otherwise socially connected (such as having a job), then that one aspect of Stage III alone is gonna pose problems and thus create obstacles to progressing to Stage IV ...
i live w/ fam that often complain bout my body odor and my mom often drills me bout mess in my room though sometimes i clean it but it happens at point when moving inside is really cumbersome and i start feeling disgust/discomfort when exposed to dumpy living conditions(food debris, insects, stale odor) and basic room cleaning lasts for several weeks until it becomes somewhat comfortable to wast the life in. i dont leave home without a good reason to do so but whenever i forced to again mother forces to take shower and shit and pick normal, clean clothes before doing so

i do agree that it's hard to proceed on this scale while living w/ someone but i rather die now than degrade further though i've very low hormonal level so instead of an animal that masturbate and binging on junkfood all day i will turn in a living corpse sort of oblomov (already sleep 10-11 hours per day and spend half of the day sitting or laying)

bluem00n

bluem00n

Fatally killed to death
Sep 10, 2022
Yes, I imagine 'degrading further' to Stage IV would be impossible if you're entangled with other people. As I mentioned, each stage requires that you already have the means to incorporate the conditions that define it.

Low hormones / endocrine system is a big positive though, as a strong libido for example is one of the subliminal factors that drives the Survival Instinct. A non-existent libido in adulthood will lead to an absence of any urge to copulate / reproduce, and that'll trick your organism to presume it has completed its life cycle and make it less resistant to dying.

Thanks for mentioning Oblomov - I've added that to my reading list!

Reactions: thedaywillcome and [HNO]
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Malpractice: NeuroDystrophy-Paralysis-Meds-Injured
Sep 27, 2022
I'm sorry for the suffering here

I'm also Stage 3 - not by choice but severe adverse effects of toxic medications after 6 years and desperately trying to taper off but body already destroyed

I'm dying to shower but CRPS (🔥)
esp one leg and bones and skin- can't bear bed bath or foot bath etc — so it's killing me more because I'm desperate to to wash and walk but just cannot

Stage 3 really kicked in a year ago been trying to fight to get med changed but no doctor will help

so doctors giving up on me — 6 years really but had no idea— has pushed me to lose all hope / utter despair and try to ctb this way - found via Dr John Leach

Explains my username :(

Didn't know this concept was on SS but Think I can use search now
Posted about it yesterday but feel awful as not appropriate to jump in on OP seeking support 😔

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
To me it sounds awful dying that way, but after all there aren't that many things more awful than enduring life until old age. I wish you freedom from all suffering.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: leeloosnow, Ashu and Per Ardua Ad Astra
Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
I think I'm around stage two or three… Still showering

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Sep 27, 2022
To me it sounds awful dying that way, but after all there aren't that many things more awful than enduring life until old age. I wish you freedom from all suffering.

@FuneralCry Thank you for your kind words on this thread

I'm new and unable to post a proper intro and feel really awkward trying to post at all as an unknown entity here

I wish I could will my own psychogenic death as quickly as others have in the scientific literature — and I've tried— but my spouse is my soulmate which is a cruel irony— tearing us both apart

I wish you freedom from all suffering as well 🙏

Fadeawaaaay

Fadeawaaaay

Visionary
Nov 12, 2021
Are there any examples of people actually ceasing to live from this? Maybe much older people

MidnightDream

MidnightDream

Warlock
Sep 5, 2022
This is interesting. Seems like death is caused by fighting against every single possible aspect of SI and just general basic human survival instinct. It might be physically painless, but I wonder the level of mental and emotional strength that would be required for this.

bluem00n

bluem00n

Fatally killed to death
Sep 10, 2022
The contradiction that makes CTB so difficult

Part I
As anyone who has experienced even something as basic as a bad toothache will know, acute pain will cause the linguistic mind to close down and the ability to think completely dissolve, such that all that remains is the act of 'experiencing' the pain. Rational thought and any sense of 'being in control' is entirely absent, leaving nothing more than a desperate need for the pain to stop, or at least ease.

Precisely the same situation emerges as death approaches. In fact, dying could be defined as a 'progressive loss of control', until even the slightest residual sense of control has collapsed, at which point total unconditional surrender arises (ego death), and the dying individual endures the final steps to organic death, a journey that may be horribly prolonged courtesy of the medical establishment, or appear mercifully brief thanks to lapsing into coma.

Either way, the dying individual is entirely subject to the whims of Reality, with no ability whatsoever to influence / control the course of events, or the nature of their experience (they may for example regress to an infantile state, as with dying soldiers calling out for their mothers).

Part II
Anxiety is triggered whenever an individual realises they have lost control of some key aspect of their lives. And if that loss of control is due to some factor beyond their means to fix, then that anxiety may develop into fear. Whether fear actually surfaces largely depends on the nature of the underlying trigger - is it persistent, or transient; is it manageable; can it be safely ignored? In other words, to what extent is the perceived loss of control fundamental to well-being?

Full-on fear is triggered by a steadily diminishing sense of control, and it represents the very earliest stage of dying, as a side-effect of no longer fitting comfortably into your 'ecological niche'. That fear will evolve into abject terror once the loss of control has become absolute, and it's at that final awful point that the contradiction at the heart of CTB emerges, and makes the suicide option so difficult to implement ...

Part III
Suicide is after all about taking control of your own death. The trouble is - as summarised in Part I - death intrinsically involves the closing down of the linguistic mind, resulting in an absolute loss of conscious control. Or, to restate the contradiction more plainly - the suicidal individual is trying to control something whose prerequisite is to completely forfeit all sense of control.

It is when that contradiction is unrecognised that attempts at suicide are undermined, for with the departure of the rational 'controlling' mind due to overwhelming fear, all that's left is the organic brain and its primeval Survival Instinct (SI). And it's at the very instant the controlling mind has closed down that SI steps up to take control in its place, solely for the purpose of rescuing its own abode - the brain - from destruction (and to hell with whatever the linguistic mind was aspiring to - it's gone, and no longer in control).

And if SI should fail and in turn lose control (as might be the case when say, jumping from a burning building), then the fear that SI aimed to address will disintegrate into terror and panic, followed by death.

Part IV
So preparation for death, suicide or not, must accomodate abandoning even the slightest expectation of remaining in control, and instead entertain the very real possibility of abject terror. Still, such an outcome can sometimes be bypassed with sufficient stupefaction, either self-inflicted, or via some other circumstance (as arises with NDEs), else - as proposed by Buddhist meditative practice for example - by 'emptying the mind' and 'not grasping' (as most famously demonstrated by Thich Quang Duc's extraordinary self-immolation in 1963).

It seems then, that any individual approaching suicide with an expectation of somehow remaining 'in control' throughout, is almost certainly doomed to fail, simply because 'being in control' and end-stage dying are contradictory / mutually exclusive states, such that awareness of that contradiction, and developing ways to circumvent it, must be part of any plan to CTB.​

• Informative
Reactions: makethepainstop, leeloosnow and sleeps
hamtaro

hamtaro

Paragon
Oct 8, 2022
This article goes into more detail on the subject, including the possible processes at work in the brain, and gives examples.

Reactions: aSilentVoice, Per Ardua Ad Astra, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
almaranthine

almaranthine

Wizard
Nov 28, 2019
willing yourself to die... this is extremely interesting. it makes sense, but I wonder how much harder it would be to accomplish knowing what you're trying to do?

• Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and leeloosnow
A

akirat9

エクトリアン
Sep 23, 2022
wishes do nothing. action do

Reactions: makethepainstop
Rounded Apathy

Rounded Apathy

Longing to return to stardust
Aug 8, 2022
This article goes into more detail on the subject, including the possible processes at work in the brain, and gives examples.

Interesting piece, especially the bit about dopamine production...

"this ability to construct a meaningful (or even possible) path into the future is related to our dopamine circuits, whereas depression is more closely associated with the serotonin circuits. When a person becomes hopeless, or demoralized, this hope-related part of the brain doesn't function as it should. 'Demoralization can arise from a struggle to cope with a stress or event,' says Kissane, 'which can include a medical illness, or entrapment in a predicament that you can't control.'"

Feel like there's something to this. A more intrinsic/biochemical cause of misery might be helped by SSRI's, but so many of us are like this because of extrinsic/situational reasons. And yet the first line depression drug treatment is the same. I need to remember this.

PressEnterToExit

PressEnterToExit

How soon is now?
Oct 19, 2020
View attachment 98981

After extensive research of the CTB methods available to me ... [1] hanging [2] jumping [3] hydrogen sulfide [4] VSED ... all of which pose significant hazards / varying degrees of failure ... I have decided to pursue Pyschogenic Death, as it's reportedly both painless and fairly quick. And hey, I'm already more than halfway there!

I sort of intend to post details of how best to pursue this strategy, though please bear in mind that as I'm pretty much fully immersed in Stage III lately, I might find I can't actually be stuffed posting again ... :tongue:

EDIT: source of image - YouTube (provides a pretty good description of each stage, and the neurological processes involved)
So when you stop regression to infantilism you're dead...

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I've often wondered if/ hoped it would be possible to 'will' yourself to death. I actually spent all my life convinced I would die aged 40 because my Mum did but I'm now 42 and very bitter about it.

I certainly believe some elderly folk- especially after loosing a lifetime spouse can simply loose the will to live- I guess die of a broken heart we would say.

Still, I imagine a lot of the time, there is a physiological cause behind the death that the mind no longer wants to fight. While I don't rule out the power of the mind, I imagine in the above timetable, cutting out things like basic hygiene and eating will leave the body more susceptible to infection and malnutrition. I guess I wonder if death is more likely to come from these physical things rather than will power alone.

Still, like I say- I am fascinated by the mind and its untapped potential. I'm sure there are people out there who have the mental strength to do this. I just know I'm not one of them! I don't like pain.

Reactions: almaranthine
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
very interesting, i'm stage3 too think. gonna read thru replies again, but, i feel like if many of us are experiencing similarities and are mid-spectrum there already, then aren't we here in an effort to escape that sort of death in favor of the other (or w/e, reason a person is here) i don't think i would find any relief persuing that, its already my path. very interesting topic tho

Last edited:
BlackWednesday

BlackWednesday

Student
Oct 18, 2022
How would you induce psychogenic death?

Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
I think it's a pretty cruel way to die, I've been in Phase II all my life and the only thing I want is to be able to fend for myself, not the other way around.
In addition to the age I am (44) and with what I have suffered, all the phases will come by themselves by the pure act of continuing to live until the end.. this method is the complete opposite of what I want, because the main motivation to commit suicide would be to avoid the following phases that have been described.
Dementia leads to death, yes. And that seems like a path to pure, voluntary insanity. It's nonsense!

//

Crec que es una manera bastant cruel de morir, porto tota la vida en la Fase II i l'únic que vull es poder valdre'm per mi mateix, no pas el contrari.
A més a l'edat que tinc (44) i amb el que he patit, totes les fases vindràn per si soles pel pur acte de seguir vivint fins el final.. aquest métode és tot el contrari del que vull, doncs la principal motivació per suïcidar-me sería evitar les següents fases que s'han descrit.
La deméncia porta a la mort, es així. I això sembla un trajecte cap a la demència pura i voluntària. És un disbarat!

👁

👁️👃👁️

Enlightened
Aug 14, 2022
I feel like I'm at the fourth stage

• Hugs
Reactions: Cathy Ames
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Per Ardua Ad Astra

Sep 27, 2022
*Dopamine— fatal depletion —
Quote from link in thread — via *Survival Psychologist Dr John Leach* :

"But sometimes the threat — or the perception of it — doesn't pass. In that case, a person can lose hope of escape and, "the prefrontal cortex *deliberately *inhibits the production of *dopamine in the basal ganglia to well below its functional level," says Leach.
"That's associated with the feeling of hopelessness." *If this continues for too long, it can become *impossible to restart *dopamine production.

"Most people who enter this neurological tailspin will emerge from it before they hit bottom. They take in new information. They adapt to the new situation. *But the few who don't may find themselves at stage five: *Psychogenic death. The light goes out of their eyes. They say their goodbyes. They may perk up briefly as if they finally have a goal they can imagine, a solution to their problem: *That new goal is death. And *within a day or so, they're *gone."

*At any age, regardless of health ; specific circumstances vary widely / unique to individual— in decades of scientific literature

🙏🕊️😔

*PS: Dopamine = Hope = Survival Instinct

Last edited:
BlackWednesday

BlackWednesday

Student
Oct 18, 2022
I think we can do things to ruin our quality of life and shorten our lifespan… But this can take decades
That's just self defeating. The point of suicide is to avoid decades of suffering

Reactions: my-end and sleeps
makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
I still think it's easier to ctb vis conventional methods. I rather doubt that many people ctb this way.

Reactions: sleeps
leeloosnow

leeloosnow

Warlock
Aug 28, 2022
similar or possibly simultaneous stuff going on with the heart

• Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
L

letmegetout

‘People can be dead before they’ve even died’
Jan 23, 2023
Can someone share the link where it explains the stages please, it won't load for me
Thank you

Professor K

Professor K

your eyes vacant and stained
Feb 9, 2023
im somewhere around the 4th - 5th stage yet i don't feel like i'm anywhere close to death.