Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
I am fascinated by this. I can see myself dying from it. It wont be fun but realistically thats where I am headed.. thoughts?

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Sherri and LookieLou
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
"David Kissane, who served as Chairman of the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York, studies the negative effects of "demoralization," which is different from depression, and may also be a key to understanding dysexistential syndrome.

"Depression is a loss of happiness, joy and pleasure in the here and now" Kissane says. "Demoralization is future-oriented, that I won't be able to experience pleasure in the days and weeks, months ahead."

Yikes

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
So from the title I read a person doesn't feel in a suicidal state but forces itself to CTB? That's interesting. Never heard of that, thank you, a good read for me tonight.

Reactions: nox_ghoul
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
Now I have a method I actually like

Gonna read all I can into it, but, unfortunately, I doubt it may be possible to do it willingly...

Reactions: nox_ghoul and Snake of Eden
D&D

D&D

Write something, even if it’s just a suicide note.
Dec 3, 2021
Thank you very much for this article.

I pondered and wrote about why some people in extreme circumstances such as concentration camps die and similar die while others do not. The findings outlined in the article shad much light on it. The five stages of the 'spiral of disengagement' makes perfect sense to me.

Despite the title I do not think it is possible to 'think yourself to death', rather it is a process that sometimes, not always, ends in the fifth stage - psychogenic death.

Reactions: CryWolf, chocolatebar and Snake of Eden