Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Ugh, my psychiatrist is on holiday and I'm running out of my meds. And when she will be back I'm already gonna be out of meds for a few days. How can this be happening?? She doesn't tell us she's gonna be on holidays beforehand and now I'm gonna be stuck with withdrawals and I'll have to build up the meds substance in my body again. God I can't believe this, this is so annoying. At least it's not Venlafaxine that I'm missing, that would be a fucking nightmare but this is still bad

H

HenryHobkins

Student
Nov 5, 2020
mine hasn't gotten back to me since early November, was hoping i could get treatment before 2021 but i guess thats not happening

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
mine hasn't gotten back to me since early November, was hoping i could get treatment before 2021 but i guess thats not happening
Is it the first time you're going to a psychiatrist? The state ones always take forever, I'm trying to go to a psychologist, I registered in summer but I have an appointment in fucking March. It sucks

H

HenryHobkins

Student
Nov 5, 2020
Is it the first time you're going to a psychiatrist? The state ones always take forever, I'm trying to go to a psychologist, I registered in summer but I have an appointment in fucking March. It sucks
thats insane. yes its my first time, and i didnt really know what to expect. i got referred to them by my doctor a while back and so far its been really hard to communicate with him for setting up appointments

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I've been in your situation, but I simply called my psychiatric care unit and they quickly found another psychiatrist who could do the paperwork. However, I belong to a so-called high-risk group so maybe they sped up the process.

S

Scotty

Student
Dec 26, 2020
You could go to the ER. Might take a while though. Psychs and therapists seem to be on perpetual vacations these days. Tried to find a new therapist, only 1 out of the 26 contacted got back to me to say that he didn't have room.

Phill

Phill

Student
Dec 19, 2019
I ran out of meds once but it was my fault, and the psychiatrist quickly gave me the prescription I needed.

March!? That really sucks. I think that not even here in Brazil things are so fucked up like this.

Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
Call your pharmacy to see if they can possibly bridge the gap, or propose another solution. Does your psychiatrist's office not have anyone on call?

• Love
Reactions: Isadeth
fixitinpost

fixitinpost

Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
Oct 20, 2020
General practitioners prescribe psychiatric medications, at least in my country. I can also get them via online doctors.

Are online pharmacies a thing where you live? You basically input what you need and a doctor will contact you.

Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
I agree with @Chupacabra 44 I've ran out of medication during inconvenient times and my pharmacy is always able to give me a three day supply to fill the gap until I can get a refill. If it takes longer, call your primary to fill it this time if you don't feel you need a medication change :)

Reactions: Going Home and Chupacabra 44