purgedXO

purgedXO

blaire
Sep 27, 2023
I get that shit happens, but to not even have some communication beforehand sent me over the edge. I drove to the appointment, the drive to and from is an hour total. Not a huge deal, but its gas, gas isn't cheap, and I'm broke. I get there, tell the lady at the front desk that I have an appointment at the time it was for, with my psych. Once I said her name, she shook her head. I was confused and I thought I had the date or time wrong. I even took the card out that had the date and time written on it. Everything was right.

Then she comes back with another card. The psych had to cover the ED, so she had to reschedule. Which is fine. I get it. Shit happens. But you can't fucking call me? Hell, text me, send an email, they have all my info. They texted me a confirmation text before my first appointment, they can't communicate with me so I'm not wasting my time driving there for nothing?

It's the first time it's happened. This is the first time I'm getting help, ever. I don't know if this happens a lot, if this is a normal thing that happens. I didn't pitch a fit or say anything really, I didn't want to make it a problem when the lady at the front desk has nothing to do with that issue. Her attitude is what ticked me off, but whatever.

And then, the next appointment is a month away. So instead of there being almost a month in between our first appointment and follow up, it's now almost two months. It took a month for her to get me in the first fucking place. It doesn't even feel like it's worth it at this point.

I know I'm being dramatic. I know it's not that big of a deal. It's just frustrating. It feels like I'd be better off handling it on my own again, even though that's what got me here in the first place.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sleeper System, Spectre and Little_Suzy
Unwr!tten

Unwr!tten

Saltier than SN
Apr 10, 2023
Bro, I'm so sorry that happened. That is so unprofessional, I'd leave a review about it in the practice's page.

Reactions: Rev346 and Hollowman
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
That might have been the best thing that could happen to you. I've seen six of them and have been on 25+ medications, it got me nowhere. Maybe you'll have better luck.

K

Kalista

Failed hard to pull the trigger - Now using SN
Feb 5, 2023
You're not being dramatic. Not, at, all. This was on them for failing or not bothering to contact you. The lady at the front is most likely responsible for relaying that message to you as well. There are places that exist like this and they're absolute garbage places to be. This might be a red flag for you to be there.

I'd be pissed off if I was in the exact same situation as you. Cancelling without communication, then rescheduling a month from now is too fucking much. Have your expectations blown away after getting there from a long drive. An hour IS a decent amount of time in your day and you're right, gas is damn expensive.

You don't deserve this kind of treatment. You're not being dramatic. You're absolutely okay to get fucking pissed at these people. You have the right to.

I would recommend finding a different place unless you're just going to deal with it. Find help that you can get now rather than a month from now, because you seem to have expressed already how much you need it.

I'm sorry this happened to you and I hope you find a resolution quickly enough to bring you some peace of mind. Take care out there.

purgedXO

purgedXO

blaire
Sep 27, 2023
Bro, I'm so sorry that happened. That is so unprofessional, I'd leave a review about it in the practice's page.
I might, but I'm hoping it was just a one time thing. If it happens again, I'm done. Getting help might not be meant for me.
You're not being dramatic. Not, at, all. This was on them for failing or not bothering to contact you. The lady at the front is most likely responsible for relaying that message to you as well. There are places that exist like this and they're absolute garbage places to be. This might be a red flag for you to be there.

I'd be pissed off if I was in the exact same situation as you. Cancelling without communication, then rescheduling a month from now is too fucking much. Have your expectations blown away after getting there from a long drive. An hour IS a decent amount of time in your day and you're right, gas is damn expensive.

You don't deserve this kind of treatment. You're not being dramatic. You're absolutely okay to get fucking pissed at these people. You have the right to.

I would recommend finding a different place unless you're just going to deal with it. Find help that you can get now rather than a month from now, because you seem to have expressed already how much you need it.

I'm sorry this happened to you and I hope you find a resolution quickly enough to bring you some peace of mind. Take care out there.
That's relieving. I really thought I was being dramatic. Like, I accepted the attitude and rescheduling with a smile on my face because I was too scared to say anything or question why I wasn't contacted. If it happens again, I'm done. They'll get an earful, and I'll be done. Hopefully, it was a one time thing. It slipped their mind, time got away from them, I get it. But if it happens again, I might actually lose my mind.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Kalista
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
Omg, how infuriating to waste your time and gas!

It appears your mental health practitioner cancels without notice. However, if you're a no-show, some psychiatrists will charge a $50 fee! Lol

Yet, most therapists are indeed, punctual and professional.

You can try telehealth. Psychiatric nurse practitioners prescribe psych drugs.

I recommend calling ahead to confirm your appointment in case the psychiatrist is unavailable.

Sadly, this is common. Many things can happen when you book appointments months in advance.

Most of the admin work is outsourced, (automated calls & texts), so the front desk won't call you if the psychiatrist is away.

R

Rev346

I’m here but will I still be next year?
Oct 23, 2023
I had a similar situation from back in 2014. Showed up to 2nd appointment and nobody was there. Got a call two days later from them asking if I wanted to make a follow up appointment. I was so pissed and it really threw me over the edge. I ended up buying fungicide that week in preparation to ctb. Was planning on mixing it with HCl to make H2S but ended up recovering. Now I wish I still had the fungicide.