K

kcatchesthebus

Jun 29, 2023
Hi everyone! I've been looking into treatment options and coping mechanisms I haven't tried yet to see if they can get me to feel better and find the will to live. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with a Psychiatric Service Dog and what it's like, and what the process is like to find one. Does it help?

I love dogs and cats, and I already have one of each, but I have to share custody of them with my husband who left me earlier this year. I have to move out on my own soon, and I don't think that living alone would be healthy for me, and I won't have my sweet baby animals with me all the time anymore. So i've been considering getting a Psychiatric Service Dog to help keep me safe and hopefully quell the constant panic attacks I have.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Kit1, Mirrory Me, Aim and 1 other person
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
It's not a good idea to get a psychiatric dog. A pet dog is just as good!

Take your dog! There will be no "custody" sharing with any ex who defected! It's a toxic imprisonment. lol

If this is impossible, then go rescue a dog. They have so much love to give.

Reactions: penguinl0v3s and Kit1
K

kcatchesthebus

Jun 29, 2023
Can y
It's not a good idea to get a psychiatric dog. A pet dog is just as good!

Take your dog! There will be no "custody" sharing with any ex who defected! It's a toxic imprisonment. lol

If this is impossible, then go rescue a dog. They have so much love to give.
Can you explain why it wouldn't be a good idea

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
Interesting. I've had quite absurd states of fear at times. I would assume that this kind of help could be useful when you are about to sink somewhere deep, so that this would act as your protector at moment.