They gave me severe and permanent brain damage even after stopping like:
Permanent insomnia
Permanent anhedonia
Weight gain and ruined body
Emotional blunting
PSSD
Suicidal thoughts
Depression
Severe lack of motivation (dopamine deficiency)

Most people who want to kill themselves here do so due to psychiatric drugs, Im certain.

• Hugs
Reactions: cali22♡, sundown12, Ashu and 4 others
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
Psychiatric drugs are a lottery, not even doctors are 100% sure what effects they can have on you since it depends on each person and that is why there is so much "trial and error"... with psychiatry I have always felt that human beings are the test subject of an experiment.

Reactions: Hollowman, sundown12 and Ashu
B

bonkers570

Dec 22, 2023
Psychiatric drugs are a lottery, not even doctors are 100% sure what effects they can have on you since it depends on each person and that is why there is so much "trial and error"... with psychiatry I have always felt that human beings are the test subject of an experiment.
The reason why I became suicidal is because they forced drugged me for merely mild psychosis.
As I described the side effects are horrendous and beyond anything Ive ever imagined

• Hugs
Reactions: sundown12, Ashu, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds really horrible what you are going through, it's so cruel and hellish how people have to suffer so much in this existence.

Reactions: Ashu
ASBA999

ASBA999

Dec 7, 2023
Permanent insomnia
Permanent anhedonia
Emotional blunting
PSSD
Suicidal thoughts
Depression

Most people who want to kill themselves here do so due to psychiatric drugs, Im certain.
I have the same symptoms and I also want to die because of them. Impossible to live a life like this

• Hugs
Reactions: sundown12, Ashu and Praestat_Mori
B

bonkers570

Dec 22, 2023
I have the same symptoms and I also want to die because of them. Impossible to live a life like this
Yes. Psychiatric drugs are responsible for many suicides, its a known thing. Absolute hellish drugs.
That sounds really horrible what you are going through, it's so cruel and hellish how people have to suffer so much in this existence.
Yeah. Psych meds did this to me. I was never suicidal prior to them. A year ago it all changed. Dec 2022 was the date I lost my life, at age 27

• Hugs
Reactions: sundown12, Ashu and Praestat_Mori
Pardoe84

Pardoe84

Student
Jul 2, 2023
For me it's the same. One pill of Cymbalta ruined my life. I have no feeling in genitals, completely impotent, severe anhedonia, no joy from anything, no motivation at all. Its brain damage / dopamin dysfunction

• Hugs
Reactions: sundown12, Ashu, ASBA999 and 1 other person
B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
Permanent insomnia
Permanent anhedonia
Emotional blunting
PSSD
Suicidal thoughts
Depression

You quitted CT ? How long have you been on them and how long have you been off them ?

Reuthry

Reuthry

I just want a way out.
Dec 16, 2023
If it wouldn't be an issue, can I ask what drugs you are using, because mine did the same effect on me too.

B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
For me it's the same. One pill of Cymbalta ruined my life. I have no feeling in genitals, completely impotent, severe anhedonia, no joy from anything, no motivation at all. Its brain damage / dopamin dysfunction
Yeah, it always amazes me that 1 dose can create so much damages. Why nobody pick this up and investigate, alarm and alert ? Before going dark, I'd like to advocate a bit for this. I want those who did this to me to pay. I'd love to meet with a journalist and share my story...

You got 1 pill I got almost 4 000 pills. How am I supposed to recover lol

When was it ? That one pill ?

kissa

kissa

Dec 20, 2023
can i ask what you were taking? those withdrawals/after effects are no joke at least on ssri's

Pardoe84

Pardoe84

Student
Jul 2, 2023
It was 2022 in March. My genitals got numb from one pill of Cymbalta. I developed severe anhedonia on top of it in the upcoming months. I cannot feel joy from anything. And alcohol has no effect on me anymore what for me is the proof of a brain damage.

• Hugs
Reactions: sundown12, Ashu, doormat25 and 1 other person
B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
It was 2022 in March. My genitals got numb from one pill of Cymbalta. I developed severe anhedonia on top of it in the upcoming months. I cannot feel joy from anything. And alcohol has no effect on me anymore what for me is the proof of a brain damage.
Sorry for you mate... Fuck that s***... :(

Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
Do doctors deny the validity of your symptoms? It's a fucking outrage, they and their corporate masters know they can get away with doing anything to us trash, they can just deny the damage as delusions and hallucinations.

Reactions: doormat25
A

Antoine_Roquentin

Dec 17, 2023
In no way I mean to devaluate all your experiences, but I would not say that they are the reason a lot of people want to cbt. A lot of people get better on psychiatric drugs, but unfortunately a few suffer from sideeffects. I am myself on different meds and they seem to help me. In my experience its also often quite hard to distinguish which symptoms come from the underlying illness and which from the meds.

• Hmph!
Reactions: sundown12, Nullm and Ashu
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
Yeah, it always amazes me that 1 dose can create so much damages. Why nobody pick this up and investigate, alarm and alert ? Before going dark, I'd like to advocate a bit for this. I want those who did this to me to pay. I'd love to meet with a journalist and share my story...

You got 1 pill I got almost 4 000 pills. How am I supposed to recover lol

When was it ? That one pill ?
David Healey. Look him up. He's a renegade psychiatrist and a champion of people whose lives have been destroyed by medications, these days one of his major issues is their devastation of sexuality.

B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
In no way I mean to devaluate all your experiences, but I would not say that they are the reason a lot of people want to cbt. A lot of people get better on psychiatric drugs, but unfortunately a few suffer from sideeffects. I am myself on different meds and they seem to help me. In my experience its also often quite hard to distinguish which symptoms come from the underlying illness and which from the meds.
I agree it's not the reason a lot of people want to CTB but those who have been harmed by them often want to.

There is so much to say, question and reveal about this issue : the credibility of studies, Big Pharma, questionable marketing, backward and questionable concepts and theories, the psychiatric field as a whole, the DSM and the narrow practice of psychiatric diagnoses, psychiatrist training and its correlation with field practice, the passive hold of psychiatric theories on societies, and so on.

I just want to say that, of course, there are people who get better with them. But you can't say for sure it's because of the drug, hell we don't even know for sure how they work ! Why are you feeling better : is it placebo ? is it because of life changes ? new circumstances ? the therapy along the drugs ? or maybe you have just grown as an adult ? There are so many things impacting one mental health.

The main issue is the gaslighting, the negation of the inner symptoms and experiences of patients in the mental health system. It's the only medical area where you are infantilized like that and where your symptoms, your inner life and experience, can be dismissed so easily, blamed on previous mental disorder or create new psychiatric diagnoses, on the sole basis a psychiatric said so. This environment is woefully unethical and does not follow any best practices.

There are two places where you will be stripped of many of your rights : jail and mental hospital.

They give those drugs like candies : when I've been put on the AD which destroyed my life, I was not depressed. I was very anxious and burnt out from autistic masking at work, but that was all ! If I had been given some light breathing exercises and some tools to manage my emotions at the time, I would have been just fine and I'd be thrilling right now. But I was a good boy : I followed what was advised to me by everyone, family and doctors, I took the drug and trusted my GP and psychiatrist, for the worse...

They deny even the simple fact that it's very hard to quit : I've been hospitalized two times in September, each time they made me quit cold turkey a drug I've been taking for 11 years.

I always took very good care of my health : no alcohol, no cigarettes, sport every day, good sleeping hygiene, very healthy eating habits. I had regular check-up and I was in very good health. This s*** destroyed my precious health and on top of that, I'm not believed because it's invisible and because I took an AD, I'm a patient with mental health issues and therefore I can't be trust : everything I can say, because I'm a psychiatric patient, will be rejected as an invention of my mind, an invention of my mentally sick mind. I went to 7 doctors since those symptoms appeared : they all say it was in my head, they all gave me more harmful drugs without hesitation.

So who should we turn to ? The GP and psychiatrists who deny our symptoms, who deny the harm of the drugs they prescribed, who could force me into a mental hospital ?

Sorry for the ramble... I could go on and on forever... It's not right, it's not fair...

David Healey. Look him up. He's a renegade psychiatrist and a champion of people whose lives have been destroyed by medications, these days one of his major issues is their devastation of sexuality.
In my country, I can't find a single scientific paper or a single psychiatrist who recognize those issues. I can't even find a support group and a website acknowledging my existence as a sufferer ! And seeing that there are only a handful of psychiatrists aware and working on those issues in the USA, that there is only a couple of thousand of members on dedicated support groups online... I'm scared and I think we're screwed...

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Ashu, sundown12, Nullm and 1 other person
sundown12

sundown12

drama queen
Oct 5, 2022
same here, i gained weight 3 years ago when they put me on drugs and i never managed to lose it, which is one of the many reasons i'm suicidal.
they don't care about helping people in psychiatric institutions, they only seek to break you mentally, physically, spiritually.

Last edited:
Nullm

Nullm

Student
Apr 5, 2019
baabbaabbaab
I think there is a difference between anti depressants and anti psychotics
For me I threw my life away by not taking antipsychotics and by the time I came around it was too late

B

bonkers570

Dec 22, 2023
Its the usual scenario > people get ADs or APs and become severely suicidal.

These drugs are pure placebo crap in the cases they "work" and truly destroy your body and mind when they dont.

Im certain like 40% of people taking these drugs suffer horribly because of them.

Its all fucking big pharma marketing, scamming and lying just to sell and depopulate. Eugenics.

My life was very good prior to these drugs and now its destroyed and I contemplate suicide daily.

Psychiatry is genocide, a silent holocaust

Reactions: Ashu and baabbaabbaab
B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
baabbaabbaab
I think there is a difference between anti depressants and anti psychotics
For me I threw my life away by not taking antipsychotics and by the time I came around it was too late
You mean if you had taken AP earlier you would have been saved ?

I'm aware that some sufferers argue that it would have been impossible to live without their prescribed AP. But recently I've been wondering if from the start, there couldn't be non pharmaceutical approaches and therapies to help sufferers to learn living with their issues (psychosis for instance). I've met some people suffering from psychosis who were defending this idea.

There are more and more non pharmaceutical approaches emerging those days : cognitive remediation, psychosocial rehabilitation. It's becoming more and more the gold standard in helping autistic and ADHD people, as there is no primary thing to "cure" but rather a specificity, rater disabling, with which we will have to learn to deal for the better.

Considering the difference between AP/AD : Antipsychotics are notoriously dangerous from the first dose. There are documented cases of brain damage detectable on imaging, as well as visible effects on brain size. Reddit is full of people who have been literally destroyed by AP injections, specifically forced injections in the USA. More often anti-depressants are more insidious and the damage less immediate. But this is not an absolute truth.

All in all, AP are shutting people down : one can argue it's the only way available to minimize the nuisance. I think that, in truth, professionals are helpless when faced with patients for whom they have no effective and immediate solution. Psychiatry is usually the last resort, once all previous instances have been gone through.

Today I had the following thought : are anti-psychotics "anti" psychosis or psychotic? Following the name in a very literal way, one could say that the name implicitly conveys that the purpose would be rather against people suffering from psychosis than psychosis itself, right?

Reactions: Ashu and Nullm
Pardoe84

Pardoe84

Student
Jul 2, 2023
I went to many doctors because of this. But the result is always the same. They say it's all in my head. The meds are out of my system. It cannot come from the meds. They say it's because of my depression. But no depression can make numb genitals or genital shrinkness. For this, they say it's dilusion disorder what means they think it's not real, in their opinion it's my imigination. I feel like my genitals are numb, my glans looks not healthy anymore. My Penis shrunk in size. But this is fact. I have pictures from before and after to proof.

Reactions: Ashu, ASBA999 and baabbaabbaab
S

ScubaCTB

Student
Jan 1, 2024
This thread is why NOBODY should ever call a suicide hotline. Cops will drag you out of your home, treat you like a criminal, take you to one of those asylums, and they will pump you full of these drugs, making everything that was already bad, worse.

Reactions: Ashu, ASBA999 and baabbaabbaab
B

bonkers570

Dec 22, 2023
This thread is why NOBODY should ever call a suicide hotline. Cops will drag you out of your home, treat you like a criminal, take you to one of those asylums, and they will pump you full of these drugs, making everything that was already bad, worse.
I had a very good life prior to psych drugs, really.
I got admitted for mild psychosis and it all ended there.
Yes. Life can be so easily destroyed hem given drugs that are designed to do just that.

Nullm

Nullm

Student
Apr 5, 2019
You mean if you had taken AP earlier you would have been saved ?

I'm aware that some sufferers argue that it would have been impossible to live without their prescribed AP. But recently I've been wondering if from the start, there couldn't be non pharmaceutical approaches and therapies to help sufferers to learn living with their issues (psychosis for instance). I've met some people suffering from psychosis who were defending this idea.

There are more and more non pharmaceutical approaches emerging those days : cognitive remediation, psychosocial rehabilitation. It's becoming more and more the gold standard in helping autistic and ADHD people, as there is no primary thing to "cure" but rather a specificity, rater disabling, with which we will have to learn to deal for the better.

Considering the difference between AP/AD : Antipsychotics are notoriously dangerous from the first dose. There are documented cases of brain damage detectable on imaging, as well as visible effects on brain size. Reddit is full of people who have been literally destroyed by AP injections, specifically forced injections in the USA. More often anti-depressants are more insidious and the damage less immediate. But this is not an absolute truth.

All in all, AP are shutting people down : one can argue it's the only way available to minimize the nuisance. I think that, in truth, professionals are helpless when faced with patients for whom they have no effective and immediate solution. Psychiatry is usually the last resort, once all previous instances have been gone through.

Today I had the following thought : are anti-psychotics "anti" psychosis or psychotic? Following the name in a very literal way, one could say that the name implicitly conveys that the purpose would be rather against people suffering from psychosis than psychosis itself, right?
No not saved but I would have made much less harm by behaving differently and not ctbing
But I don't really believe these meds are any good
And I'm upset because human ingenuity goes so far for production's sake than for well being
And that's why psychiatry is still in diapers
I even suspect that my current "medication" is the cause of my psoriasis cause no one in my family has it and that is why I'm gonna kms soon
Btw before this I too was on injection and my mental state was even unlike now which is horrible but completely catastrophic I felt like I have a potato instead of brain

• Hugs
Reactions: Ashu and baabbaabbaab
B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
No not saved but I would have made much less harm by behaving differently and not ctbing
But I don't really believe these meds are any good
And I'm upset because human ingenuity goes so far for production's sake than for well being
And that's why psychiatry is still in diapers
I even suspect that my current "medication" is the cause of my psoriasis cause no one in my family has it and that is why I'm gonna kms soon
Btw before this I too was on injection and my mental state was even unlike now which is horrible but completely catastrophic I felt like I have a potato instead of brain
I'm so sorry mate :(

figurehead

figurehead

Student
Sep 27, 2023
I'm on 7 different meds, including 800mg which has made me put on 20kg over the past 3 years. Strangely, though, as much as the side effects make me hate myself, make me feel trapped in a strange body, quetiapine in particular has kept me alive for sure, even against my will.