T

Tyuiop

Student
Nov 25, 2018
Sorry if there's already a thread like that, i couldn't find much using the search.
I think we could post our experiences with different psychiatric drugs here.
I'll start:
Depakine(valproate) - no feelings at all, my father died when I was taking it, i didn't even cry, completely numb.
Sertraline - helped a bit for my depression when I was seventeen, though I still slept 12 hours a day, I felt somehow better, but I quit it after nine months.
Piracetam - took it when I was 19, it made me less anxious, and music sounded better and everything felt better on it. I became pretty much addicted to it, took it for a year. I actually recommend it, both as a recreational drug and as brain enhancer/antidepressant.
At 23, I had a psychotic episode, here are the meds I took after it:
Risperidone - an antipsychotic, somehow helped the voices in my head, but not the emotions and anxiety i felt. I slept little and still felt very wired and somehow psychotic. Also gained a lot of weight.
Abilify(aripiprazole) - Took my psychosis away completely, started feeling a bit depressed(but not really depressed) and sleeping a lot. Otherwise felt pretty normal.
Fluvoxamine - I felt ok on it, but my life wasn't really shit when I was taking it. There wasn't actually a need for me to take, I just felt like I was sleeping too much on Abilify.
Paxil - prescribed in combination with Abilify after I attempted suicide... Been taking it for three months now, it doesn't help, I'm just numb now.

Reactions: Final Escape, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, NoOneKnows and 1 other person
Jodes

Jodes

Enlightened
Nov 23, 2018
Effexor (Venlafaxine) - Awful side effects, only just receding after 15 years off!! Nightmares, sweats, drenched in the night. Brain zaps.

Sertraline. Upon withdrawal, had SSRI syndrome causing magnitude increase in migraines plus new cluster headaches. But I think I was unlucky, I had started developing migraines previously.

Last edited:
Reactions: Final Escape, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Tyuiop
T

Tyuiop

Student
Nov 25, 2018
Effexor (Venlafaxine) - Awful side effects, only just receding after 10+ years off. Nightmares, sweats, drenched in the night. Brain zaps.
Sounds awful, you really had the brain zaps for ten years? I had them too when discontinuing SSRIs, but they passed after a month.

Reactions: Final Escape and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
Zoloft - caused me to have lessened emotion but the depression/anxiety remained. Hated the side effects - very sweaty, always thirsty, feeling of something caught in my throat which I feel I can't swallow, made my sleep restless, little to no sex drive. Withdrawals were bad.

Reactions: Final Escape, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Tyuiop and 1 other person
Moony21

Moony21

Experienced
Nov 23, 2018
I took one year Surmontil and since two years I'am taking 15mg mirtazapin. It helps to sleep longer

Reactions: Final Escape, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Tyuiop
52shriek

52shriek

Student
Nov 6, 2018
Seroquel (Quetiapine): worst crap ever. Supposedly prescribed to help me sleep. My legs would be in spasms for hours on end, I had violent cramps and it felt like my muscles were itching on the inside. Needless to say, it's impossible to sleep when you feel that your legs have been attached to strings pulled by an epileptic pupetteer in full seizure.

Reactions: Final Escape, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Letmego. Please and 1 other person
Moony21

Moony21

Experienced
Nov 23, 2018
Seroquel (Quetiapine): worst crap ever. Supposedly prescribed to help me sleep. My legs would be in spasms for hours on end, I had violent cramps and it felt like my muscles were itching on the inside. Needless to say, it's impossible to sleep when you feel that your legs have been attached to strings pulled by an epileptic pupetteer in full seizure.

Omg... I tried one night seroquel I had terrible nightmares and I din't take that anymore.

A

Armadillo

Experienced
Oct 24, 2018
  1. -Sertraline: got prescribed it when I was 17, did nothing except for giving me sexual side effects. Up to 100mg/day

-Diazepam (Valium): good benzo overall, tried it a handful of times.

-Zolpidem (Stilnox): doesn't help me sleep but I enjoy the effects if I don't black out

-Delorazepam: shitty benzo we have in Italy

-Lorazepam: same as above

-Flurazepam: enjoyable in high doses

-Sodium Valproate (Depakin): nothing

-Aripripazole (Abilify): gave me terrible akathisia

-Biperiden (Akineton): an antimuscaranic I had to take for the problem above. Abused the shit out of it just for a minor mood lift

-Alprazolam (Xanax): good benzo but gives tolerance and dependence problems (like all benzos)

-Duloxetine: up to 60mg/day. Useless

-Paroxetine: made me sleepy and nothing else. Usual sexual side effects of SSRIs and SNRIs

-Olanzapine: took only 1 pill, it knocked me out cold and the next day I was extremely suicidal, tired, couldn't think straight. Fucking hell

-Paliperidone: as above, dysphoric, tired, strong akathisia

-Amisulpiride: totally useless (in antidepressant dosages)

-Fluvoxamine: nothing

-Mirtazapine: helped me sleep in the beginning, then nothing

-Talofen: just for a few days in hospital, don't remember the active ingredient. Hated it

-Clotiapine: not to be confused with Clozapine. Smoked weed in hospital after taking it, bad idea

-Ademethionine: nothing, at least didn't have any side effects

-Bupropion (Wellbutrin): 300mg/day. Useless, hated the anti-nicotinic effect

-Citalopram: had to try an IV treatement whith this in hospital, it had no effects whatsoever except for the usual SSRI related sexual dysfunction crap

-Quietiapine (Seroquel): kinda useful in small dosages, hated it in high ones

-Lithium: nothing

-Venlafaxine (Effexor): up to 225mg/day. Went off it cold turkey, I had nightmares every time I fell asleep for 1 week

-Lormetazepam: was heavily tolerant to benzos at the time, didn't do shit

-Clonazepam: same

Copypasted my list on the other thread since is ridicously long.
Was Piracetam really that good? I wish I could try that stuff.

Xerxes

Xerxes

Invisible
Nov 8, 2018
Paxil - increased suicidal thoughts and depression
Zoloft - worked great until I developed resistance, didn't work at all
Lithium - worked, but gave me skin rash which turned into psoriasis
Depakote - mood stabilizer, damage my liver at high doses
Seroquel - My goto sleeping medicine. Loved it. Had to get off due to addiction
Cymbalta - Same as zoloft
Effexor - Same as Zoloft
Ambien - worked nicely, developed resistance
Klonopin - don't remember
Wellbutrin - dont remember
Prozac - fuck that stuff.

52shriek

52shriek

Student
Nov 6, 2018
Haha, if Seroquel worked for you and Prozac didn't, maybe there is hope for me as I'm just starting Prozac...

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Tyuiop and Johnnythefox
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Lorazepam - 1980's. Can't remember much except tried to OD on them.
Lithium - 1980's. don't remember as long time ago.
Prozac - 2000's. Turned me into superman.
Setraline - couple of years ago. Nothing.
Prozac - Aug 18. Serotonin syndrome, sweats, shits, tremors, increased anxiety, insomnia, thoughts of jumping out the window.
Setraline - Sept - Oct 18. Nothing.
Prozac - Oct - Nov 18. Desire to CBT, apathy, lethargy, shits.
Valium - different times. Good for getting a sleep and spacing out.
Phenobarbitone - late 1960's - early 1970's.
Told they built a wall around me, distant, withdrawn, spaced out.

Reactions: Jupiter, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Tyuiop
52shriek

52shriek

Student
Nov 6, 2018
I won't list all the meds I've had but I gotta say Lyrica got me a bit high. Not the all out high everybody told me I'd experience, but I was definitely a bit spaced out.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Tyuiop
T

Tyuiop

Student
Nov 25, 2018
Was Piracetam really that good? I wish I could try that stuff.
You can buy it online, or ask your doctor for a prescription. A good dosage is about 1 gram or a bit more. But after I had my psychotic episode, it doesn't work that well - once I took it and didn't sleep for 24 hours. It induces a short mania/mixed episode for me now.

I've remembered a few other meds I took:
Quetiapine - if I take 50 mg, I just want to eat to so badly, I can't control myself, if I take 100 mg, I pass out for 12 hours and have crazy dreams.
Diazepam - does nothing for me
Lorazepam - a sleeping pill for me, but somehow feels better than diazepam
Trihexyphenidyl - used to control antipsychotic side effects, but feels pretty good by itself, it's energizing and calming at the same time.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill

Nov 19, 2018
SSRI/SNRI drugs are a really personal experience imo.

Zoloft left me a zombie, Cymbalta made me psychotic, but Prozac gave me new life for a little while.
currently on Effexor, it makes me quite numb

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Tyuiop
Thoughtforms

Thoughtforms

Experienced
Nov 1, 2018
Started Zoloft 7 days ago and can't stop shaking and feeling on edge. It's makung me worse.

I also took some meds to prep my body for SN so I don't know if it's the combination of them.
Want to stop taking it but scared.

T

Tyuiop

Student
Nov 25, 2018
Started Zoloft 7 days ago and can't stop shaking and feeling on edge. It's makung me worse.

I also took some meds to prep my body for SN so I don't know if it's the combination of them.
Want to stop taking it but scared.
The feeling on edge usually passes after a month... have you tried other ssris? Never had that feeling before? Sometimes they work, but its only after a month or two. And sometimes they stop working :(

T

Tyuiop

Student
Nov 25, 2018
Posting here about Abilify - I quit it and I feel much better, I can actually feel positive and negative emotions more. The constant suicidal urge is gone too. It seems that the combination with paroxetine wasn't allowing paroxetine to actually work.