Sagew0789

Sagew0789

Almost there
Jul 10, 2023
I've been admitted to short- and long-term plus partial (day) hospital programs. They didn't really help if anything they added to what I was already dealing with. If it weren't for my first hospitalization I would've never had access to prescription meds and I would've never OD the first time landing me in ICU for 5 days. Before hospitals, I wasn't doing great but I was definitely doing way better than when I got out.

Going to groups is basically brainwashing us into "thinking positively" DBT can't fix your problems you can only change your perspectives on the circumstances you have little control over.
Some staff were nice and actually listens to what we said, but most of them treated us like shit, like were fucked up and there's no hope for us.

Worse of thing is probably when staff would literally restrain me on the floor and give me an IM (I'm not a violent person and I've never gotten into any fights)

People get involuntarily admitted when a doctor decides that they are a danger to themselves or others. A lot of patients I've seen in the short-term don't need to be in a locked-down facility, most of them are there to get a psych evl. A psych evaluation does not take 2 weeks, they will keep making reasons to keep you longer and extend your stay just to get your insurance money. Once your insurance stops paying they discharge you right away, leaving you with more problems and new traumas.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Hennessy, abcz, snoot and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Those places sound like horrible prisons to me, it's like they just exist to make people suffer even more.

Reactions: rushia124 and Hennessy
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
The experiences definitely left me way more suicidal than before. Like indescribably. Way to do their job.

Reactions: idonthaveanother
abcz

abcz

confused with life
Sep 19, 2023
I went twice and the first time it was in some special unit or something that each person had a staff to them and I met exactly one other kid, prob around age 11 or so. It was really boring and they did some stupid stuff.
Imo the most stupid thing they can ask is after "are you thinking about suicide?", they ask if you are thinking about different methods. I went back partially due to one of those that they had asked me about that had never crossed my mind beforehand. It actually caused me to see more things as suicide methods tbh.

The second time I had a better experience. Although I did refuse to do stuff at first and they shut off the tv so then I thought the solution when I was moved was to sit in my room in silence and do nothing. The issue ig I had this time was I ended up being sent to treatment and then a bit of false hope plays into the bit, and also causes me to regret opening up about some of these ideas even more (people irl had found out cause someone I talk to online had found my school and emailed them to tell them i was suicidal). Also I didn't know that wondering if breasts were real wasn't a reason that someone shouldn't touch them, something I didn't learn until being told like a year later. I just thought it was cause the kid was 9 and so even if I feel awkward it is fine. Honestly treatment is probably what caused me to grow up the most, yet also kept me stuck in the past, regretting everything that had progressed while I was in there. I never want to go back.

Oh and they also thought it was a good idea the first time like literally within the hour I was supposed to leave to tell me that my fish died and got flushed down the toilet. So then I was literally already sad when I was about to leave.

snoot

snoot

Dec 1, 2020
That sounds horrible. Ngl I am very worried if I'm not successful I will end up in a psych ward. I know that the girl who bullied me works in the only one in my area :/

Sagew0789

Sagew0789

Almost there
Jul 10, 2023
Usually they try to separate you if you're relate or know a staff, they if you mention it to the ppl that handle transfers they might help. If they don't it kinda goes against HIPAA

I

idonthaveanother

Sep 13, 2023
The experiences definitely left me way more suicidal than before. Like indescribably. Way to do their job.
Oh you're depressed? How about not seeing the sun for x days, and no fresh air either! Muahahaha

Reactions: Sagew0789
Sagew0789

Sagew0789

Almost there
Jul 10, 2023
Oh you're depressed? How about not seeing the sun for x days, and no fresh air either! Muahahaha
Lol it's funny tho when I was there I went outside whenever they allowed us, but when I'm home I have the blinds shut and I really don't go out unless I absolutely have to

Reactions: idonthaveanother