willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
i have been taking my current dose lamictal for about a year now and it has helped a lot as far as making my depression and suicidal thoughts a lot more mild, but holy fuck the brain fog. i forget everything. i've forgotten my phone in my car multiple times, i leave my keys somewhere and loose them, i forgot my vaccine card before going somewhere and when i went back to get it i couldn't find it where i could have thought it was. i just forgot something at school for a very important meeting tomorrow. i leave my glasses places or forget to take them places and then can't see for a day. it's awful. i try to take mental checks before i go anywhere but i still seem to forget everything. it's awful

• Hugs
Reactions: NearlyIrrelevantCake, meetapple, allesistgut and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That does sound really horrible what you are going through. I can imagine it must be very frustrating forgetting everything. I'm sorry you are in this situation. I wish you the best.

L

Lostkitten1

Apr 28, 2020
I'm on high dose SSRIs and they do exactly the same thing. I forget things, do things several times, sometimes start doing something and forget what or why. Sure, they take the edge off life but they take the edge off me too, and it's getting increasingly dangerous.

Reactions: willitpass
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
I'm on an anti seizure medication that does the same thing to me. I had to start writing tons of stuff down that I used to remember easily.

Reactions: willitpass, NearlyIrrelevantCake and Toonloon
S

someonelse

Jan 28, 2022
I'm right there with you. I've been on multiple anti psychotics and in the past many anti depressants and my brain is totally fried. I can't remember anything. I wish I had an answer for you. It's awful to feel that way.

Reactions: willitpass and markimobzzdeasui
NearlyIrrelevantCake

NearlyIrrelevantCake

The Cake Is A Lie
Aug 12, 2021
I'm on an anti seizure medication that does the same thing to me. I had to start writing tons of stuff down that I used to remember easily.
Gabepentin or another one? I'm on Gabapentin and have to do the same--I have lists on lists on lists to remember things.

Reactions: willitpass
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Reactions: willitpass and NearlyIrrelevantCake
fox_wannabe

fox_wannabe

Enlightened
Jul 7, 2021
I have had exactly same problems with lamictal, maybe ask for lower dose. I am glad you feel better thanks to It tho