S

SeekingSerenity

Just another lost soul looking for answers
May 20, 2020
I'm curious on everyone's opinion about setting a date to ctb. On the one hand, I understand why some people would want to do it when it feels right. On the other hand I understand why some people would like to have a set date for planning and everything else. What are your thoughts?

Reactions: Toptock and Deleted member 19276
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
I once did that but realized it only makes things difficult when the said date has passed and I failed to CTB.
I do sometimes get very emotional and sad on the said date, looking back at it as an anniversary of failure.
In a way, dates can both be a good thing and bad if not organized properly.

Reactions: red_pen, sadghost, Bct and 3 others
B

Brokenwithbpd

Mage
Jun 15, 2020
I once did that but realized it only makes things difficult when the said date has passed and I failed to CTB.
I do sometimes get very emotional and sad on the said date, looking back at it as an anniversary of failure.
In a way, dates can both be a good thing and bad if not organized properly.
Yes I agree! I'm more if the go with the flow type

Reactions: sadghost, itsamadworld and Deleted member 19276
D

Deleted member 19276

Wizard
Jun 28, 2020
Yes I agree! I'm more if the go with the flow type
Agreed as well. It's something with the dates that you must be very comfortable with and feel very determined with at the same time.

• Love
Reactions: Brokenwithbpd and _Minsk
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
With all things in life, I'm not the most analytical person, with regards to looking forward. I like to eat when I'm hungry, sleep when I'm tired. In like manner, I think I'd like to exit when my feelings towards it grow towards favourable to the point where I can't help but act

• Love
Reactions: Kevin_theFrog, profoundexperience and Deleted member 19276
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
There is really no reason to set a date at all. I am not sure why people always feel the need to set a date. Just do it when you feel the time is right and you are comfortable doing it.

Reactions: Brokenwithbpd, JD8080, Starflow11 and 3 others
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Certainly, everyone is different. Regarding date setting, some have issues to clear up in life or only a specific window in which they can curb that may require more planning. Likewise, some may not wish to be impulsive about the decision. Some people make reservations for dinner, and some don't

Reactions: Bct and SpottedPanda
Starflow11

Starflow11

Nov 1, 2019
Oooo yeah that would just add more stress on me having a set deadline...Yikes! Haha

Reactions: Deleted member 19276
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
I have a terminal illness so my date would be a lot sooner than without it. Even without my health issue, my most likely CTB date would be when I can no longer drive.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Saed, clocktower and 3 others
Bct

Bct

Disqualified from Being Human
Apr 20, 2020
I had set some dates even though in the end I didn't follow them at all, but at least it set me some deadlines to finish some matters before I die. It's bad and feel weird to still alive since I didn't die at the date I had set, but I won't beat myself.

Reactions: Greenberg and Deleted member 19276