jaemus12

jaemus12

Earth’s Parasite
May 11, 2018
The easiest way for me to ctb is jump into a river. I have read some stuff about drowning and there seems to be a mix of either 100% not worth it or 95% peaceful and quick.

What do you guys think of drowning in a river? Would you recommend or nay? Perhaps some drugs before hand?

Reactions: Chloe, NOISYMIND, weedoge and 1 other person
bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
I saw videos of drowning. Looks painful but it may just be muscle spasms.

Reactions: jaemus12
Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Господи помилуй — мир в Україні!
Sep 7, 2018
This is an oldie but a goodie:

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Popu..._13/May_1878/The_Question_of_Pain_in_Drowning

I especially like the last paragraph:

If death by drowning be inevitable, as in a shipwreck, the easiest way to die would be to suck water into the lungs by a powerful inspiration, as soon as one went beneath the surface. A person who had the courage to do this would probably become almost immediately unconscious, and never rise to the surface. As soon as the fluid filled his lungs, all feelings of chilliness and pain would cease, the indescribable semi-delirium that accompanies anæsthesia would come on, with ringing in the ears and delightful visions of color and light, while he would seem to himself to be gently sinking to rest on the softest of beds and with the most delightful of dreams.​

Reactions: Arian98, MattersOfTheHeart, Chloe and 5 others
EternalSanction

EternalSanction

-
Jun 7, 2018
- uncomfortable (cold, wet etc.)
- takes some time (depending on temperature of water between 30 minutes up to hours) -> you can speed it up by forcefully inhaling water
- panic may arise

+ super relaxing as soon as you're able to give up and finally drown (survivors report breathing in water gives a euphoric feeling after a few seconds, so you go out nicely)

Reactions: MattersOfTheHeart, Chloe, ThisIsTheEnd and 5 others
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
This is an oldie but a goodie:

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Popu..._13/May_1878/The_Question_of_Pain_in_Drowning

I especially like the last paragraph:

If death by drowning be inevitable, as in a shipwreck, the easiest way to die would be to suck water into the lungs by a powerful inspiration, as soon as one went beneath the surface. A person who had the courage to do this would probably become almost immediately unconscious, and never rise to the surface. As soon as the fluid filled his lungs, all feelings of chilliness and pain would cease, the indescribable semi-delirium that accompanies anæsthesia would come on, with ringing in the ears and delightful visions of color and light, while he would seem to himself to be gently sinking to rest on the softest of beds and with the most delightful of dreams.​
I was actually thinking about this just earlier when I was bathing. About how people say the hardest part about drowning is the part where you hold your breath for an incredible length of time, then finally your body forces you to take a breath of air. This is the thought that terrifies me too. This seems like pretty solid advice to me.

Edit: Also, the terrifying part of suffocating is the build up of CO2, is it possible to release it when you finally breath water in? That would explain the euphoria afterwards, then it'd be just like any other method that deprives the brain of oxygen. just a guess though

Reactions: MattersOfTheHeart, NOISYMIND and jaemus12
jaemus12

jaemus12

Earth’s Parasite
May 11, 2018
I am also worried about how I will look when they find my body. I hope some piranhas eat me to the bone so I won't look like a blob for my family.

But I can't think too much of the aftermath. I gotta do what I gotta do.

Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Sep 7, 2018
I am also worried about how I will look when they find my body. I hope some piranhas eat me to the bone so I won't look like a blob for my family.

But I can't think too much of the aftermath. I gotta do what I gotta do.

That is one reason why I don't think I will drown myself. I want to have a relatively pretty corpse. Otherwise, it seems a good way to ctb.

Reactions: MattersOfTheHeart, ThisIsTheEnd, Lets get out and 1 other person
L

Lets get out

Sep 26, 2018
That is one reason why I don't think I will drown myself. I want to have a relatively pretty corpse. Otherwise, it seems a good way to ctb.
If your body gets found early enough it should be in good condition . I want to go by drowning and I have a plan for my body to found quick

Reactions: lv-gras and Maravillosa
L

Lets get out

Sep 26, 2018
If your body gets found early enough it should be in good condition . I want to go by drowning and I have a plan for my body to found quick
Would u think of drowning pact with me?

Maravillosa

Maravillosa

Sep 7, 2018
Would u think of drowning pact with me?

Well, I am not planning to ctb till after my mother (who is 78 and bedridden due to a hairline fracture after several falls: I am a caregiver to her) passes away. I do not want to devastate her by my ctb and force her to enter a convalescent home. My mother could easily live another 10 years, since her vital signs are pretty good. If you are willing to wait until after my mother's death, then a drowning pact might be a good idea. However, I think most of the people here want to ctb before the year 2020.

Reactions: Lets get out
L

Lets get out

Sep 26, 2018
Well, I am not planning to ctb till after my mother (who is 78 and bedridden due to a hairline fracture after several falls: I am a caregiver to her) passes away. I do not want to devastate her by my ctb and force her to enter a convalescent home. My mother could easily live another 10 years, since her vital signs are pretty good. If you are willing to wait until after my mother's death, then a drowning pact might be a good idea. However, I think most of the people here want to ctb before the year 2020.
I only want to exit by drowning. I have a plan that will definitely work, I'm hoping to go as son as possible but I can wait around to find my suitable method

L

Lets get out

Sep 26, 2018
I only want to exit by drowning. I have a plan that will definitely work, I'm hoping to go as son as possible but I can wait around to find my suitable method
Are you located in Europe r the US?

Reactions: Maravillosa