watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
Hi.

I have ordered Anaprilin (propranolol) which hopefully will arrive soon. Is there a way I can make sure its real?
Also what are the dangers of taking 1 gram of propranolol without ever having taken it in the past? (anything like heart failure, heart attack?)

Thank you.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Hi.

I have ordered Anaprilin (propranolol) which hopefully will arrive soon. Is there a way I can make sure its real?
Also what are the dangers of taking 1 gram of propranolol without ever having taken it in the past? (anything like heart failure, heart attack?)

Thank you.
Those are good questions. I take 10 mg occasionally and it does nothing at all. It will slow down the heart and lower the blood pressure to counteract the effects of the SN speeding up the heart which can be very alarming. I don't know possible side effects.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
Those are good questions. I take 10 mg occasionally and it does nothing at all. It will slow down the heart and lower the blood pressure to counteract the effects of the SN speeding up the heart which can be very alarming. I don't know possible side effects.
Thank you. I really need my heart rate to stay slow because feeling my pulse always scares me. Like even running and feeling it can trigger pretty bad anxiety.

@Meditation guide also, you mentioned pills clumping up in the stomach in another thread. Would that happen if its dissolved in water like the PPH says?

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha and Meditation guide
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
A gram is a very high dose of propranolol. I would not reccomend taking such a high dose right now because you could get very dizzy and ill. When I took the drug for panic attacks the dosage was 40mg I believe, I have not heard of anyone taking an entire gram.

Reactions: Weary Soul and Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Thank you. I really need my heart rate to stay slow because feeling my pulse always scares me. Like even running and feeling it can trigger pretty bad anxiety.
It sounds like it would be a good drug for you then. Doctors prescribe it for anxiety and stage fright. I think in my case that much of it would put me to sleep.

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
A gram is a very high dose of propranolol. I would not reccomend taking such a high dose right now because you could get very dizzy and ill. When I took the drug for panic attacks the dosage was 40mg I believe, I have not heard of anyone taking an entire gram.
The PPH says 1 gram which indeed seems like a lot. unfortunately I havent been able to find much information.

Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
1 g is a very high dose - I believe the recommend dose in the PPeH to mix with SN is lower than this.

I am not aware of ways to test it, but maybe a lab could do this (as I have read that others do to test N) - maybe someone knows of another way.

Here is some good information on propranolol:

https://www.drugs.com/tips/propranolol-patient-tips

On edit: It was initially recommended to take 2 g, then 1 g, and now I believe 800 mg. But please verify this.

Reactions: Ἡγησίας
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
The PPH says 1 gram which indeed seems like a lot. unfortunately I havent been able to find much information.
If people take it along with SN it probably would help a lot with the heart racing feeling and also speed up passing out. Most will probably be vomited out anyway.

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
If you just want to test the drug and see if it helps you, and the effects are tolerable, I would look at a dosage schedule online. Usually 10 mg is the smallest dose, and I titered up on it. It's better to test a smaller amount in case you experience any side effects. I took propranolol many years for my ptsd and panic attacks, and I did get a bit dizzy or sleepy sometimes because of the huge drop in blood pressure, but those were the only side effects I experienced.

Reactions: Weary Soul
watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
1 g is a very high dose - I believe the recommend dose in the PPeH to mix with SN is lower than this.

I am not aware of ways to test it, but maybe a lab could do this (as I have read that others do to test N) - maybe someone knows of another way.

On edit: It was initially recommended to take 2 g, then 1 g, and now I believe 800 mg. But please verify this.
My version of the PPH (march 2020) says 1g.
If people take it along with SN it probably would help a lot with the heart racing feeling and also speed up passing out. Most will probably be vomited out anyway.
what about taking propranolol sublingually?

Reactions: Meditation guide
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
One means to verify that it is propranolol is to use an online pill identifier. I would also check where you bought it from (does the online seller seem reliable from patient surveys, is the expiration date clearly available, and things like this). I do this for any medication I buy on the net. While this does not guarantee that what you purchased is propranolol, it might help a bit?

On edit:

Sublingual/Buccal administration of propranolol: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/272433/

Also to consider is that if you have 10 mg pills and want to take it sublingually, this would require 100 pills under the tongue for a 1 g dose. (If I did my math right - my brain is not with me today :smiling: )

Last edited:
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
My version of the PPH (march 2020) says 1g.

what about taking propranolol sublingually?
Why sublingually? It needs to be swallowed. Just try 10mg at first to test it. It probably won't feel like anything. Or even take 40mg. That's the normal dose to calm someone down. It's not a strong drug at those doses.

watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
Why sublingually? It needs to be swallowed. Just try 10mg at first to test it. It probably won't feel like anything. Or even take 40mg. That's the normal dose to calm someone down. It's not a strong drug at those doses.
I was thinking about taking it sublingually to prevent throwing it up.

I have seen a few people asked this on Quora but I couldnt find any concrete answer. Is there a risk I would end up disabled? If so I would not take it before SN. Maybe 40mg but I wouldnt risk making matters worse.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I was thinking about taking it sublingually to prevent throwing it up.
If you take 40mg it won't make you throw up. Elderly people take it to stop tremors. It's not harmful at least in the usual doses as far as I know. You can google it to see side effects.

I can't really see taking 800 mg of anything but then one is planning on dying so....this is all so strange to me.

Last edited:
Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
Propranolol 40 mg is a dose that is prescribed; however, the same dose of a medication can react differently in people due to concomitant meds, comorbidities, or for other reasons.

With any med I take, I always check the package insert/product label for potential side effects. Here is a link to the package insert (FDA version) for propranolol - it may have been updated (see the first page, a more recent version may be available):

I hope this helps.

Maka hiamoe

Maka hiamoe

Dec 10, 2020

I can confirm the recommended dose was changed to 800mg in April 2020.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide and Weary Soul
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
That would be 80 of my 10mg pills. I need a doctor who isn't such a fuck head, giving me little tiny doses of things.