C

CTB-London

Student
Feb 26, 2019
In recent times using Propranolol (a beta blocker) combined with other sedatives like benzos, z-drugs and codeine is sounding like a good overdose method.

I recent times I have read about two deaths from Propranolol - one deliberate and one accidental. Combining this with other sedatives for a peaceful end sounds like a good method.

Any thoughts?

Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
I don't think this alone would lead to respiratory arrest. The Peaceful Pill Handbook mentions a method with propanolol and sedatives as ingredients but they were not what caused death. You would need a cardiac glycoside (digitoxin is the strongest and it comes in pill instead of plant form) to cause death.

cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019
In recent times using Propranolol (a beta blocker) combined with other sedatives like benzos, z-drugs and codeine is sounding like a good overdose method.

I recent times I have read about two deaths from Propranolol - one deliberate and one accidental. Combining this with other sedatives for a peaceful end sounds like a good method.

Any thoughts?
Whenever you read about deaths, make sure you're looking into what underlying conditions the person had. Many ODs are only deadly for that reason, so it's not safe to assume they'd be deadly for the general population.