TraumaEscapee:)

I hate my birth family
Apr 30, 2023
Hi,

I would like to CTB by this method is it reliable? I'm on 40mg got 200 pills atm. I know anything above 2mg is supposedly lethal but just wanting advice from those more knowledgeable about the drug. Does an overdose from it hurt (for those who've ever tried) I've had a paracetamol overdose many times and have been in agony and of course I'm still here.

• Love
Reactions: deathsisarelief
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Propranolol ld50 animal data In mouse the LD50 are: 565 mg/kg after oral route

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Sorry what do you mean? I'm asking for a human lol
LD50. Similar term(s): lethal dose 50, median lethal dose, LC50. Definition: The amount of a chemical that is lethal to one-half (50%) of the experimental animals exposed to it. LD50s are usually expressed as the weight of the chemical per unit of body weight (mg/kg).

Reactions: Tonkpils
T

Tonkpils

Jul 12, 2024
I wouldn't recommend it. I don't remember how much propranolol I took but all that happened was I spent a week in the ICU with pneumonia.

Reactions: Darkover

I hate my birth family
Apr 30, 2023
I wouldn't recommend it. I don't remember how much propranolol I took but all that happened was I spent a week in the ICU with pneumonia.
Did you become unconscious? Were you found? What happened when you took the overdose apart from the pneumonia. Did you puke or experience any pain?
LD50. Similar term(s): lethal dose 50, median lethal dose, LC50. Definition: The amount of a chemical that is lethal to one-half (50%) of the experimental animals exposed to it. LD50s are usually expressed as the weight of the chemical per unit of body weight (mg/kg).
Ok x

T

Tonkpils

Jul 12, 2024
I was never unconscious, my breathing got more difficult and my blood oxygen was in the 60s. I don't live alone so I had to suck it up and go to the hospital.

C

chester

Student
Aug 1, 2024
According to this site https://litfl.com/propanolol-overdose/

Any ingested dose of propranolol > 1 g is considered to be potentially lethal.

That said, there are multiple factors here. An adult man may weigh twice as much (if not more) than an adult woman, which has an impact. Someone may have a preexisting condition, making them more vulnerable to the effects of propranolol. It is possible to die by propranolol alone, there are documented cases of lethal overdoses. You should keep in mind though, that:
  1. It takes time. @Tonkpils your CTB attempt might have been successful if your plan included not being found for several hours.
  2. It's hard to estimate how much propranolol is enough. There are people who died after 5g, there are people who survived 8.
  3. It's relatively easy to save your life if you get found. There are cases of people saved a couple of hours after ingestion.
Bottom line is: if you want quick and reliable, this isn't the right method. Otherwise keep in mind everything that can go wrong.

EDIT: I forgot about puking. That's risk #4. Imagine you down your 200pills and after a while you throw up. You might ingest just enough to put you in a coma but not enough to kill you. Then what?

Reactions: fatladysings and Darkover
T

Tonkpils

Jul 12, 2024
I didn't go to the hospital until 4 days after I took it, the doctors said the pneumonia "might" have killed me but it was uncertain. I didn't tell them I took anything so it was a mystery to everyone.

C

chester

Student
Aug 1, 2024
I didn't go to the hospital until 4 days after I took it, the doctors said the pneumonia "might" have killed me but it was uncertain. I didn't tell them I took anything so it was a mystery to everyone.
Now the mystery is how much you took. That would shed a lot of light on the subject dose-wise.

T

Tonkpils

Jul 12, 2024
Now the mystery is how much you took. That would shed a lot of light on the subject dose-wise.
About 1.5 grams, at the time I weighed 300 lbs so that may be a factor as well.

Reactions: Hunterer
C

chester

Student
Aug 1, 2024
About 1.5 grams, at the time I weighed 300 lbs so that may be a factor as well.
That explains it. I weigh around 200lbs, maybe slightly more and I've been wondering if 10g would be enough to get the job done, given what I've read in some articles.

T

Tonkpils

Jul 12, 2024
If you could manage to swallow all 10 g it should be enough. I found 2 reports where a lethal dose was 4.8 and 6 grams.

Doses above 1.5 grams are at greater risk of seizures as well but at that high a dose I think the cardiac effects would render one unconscious quickly.

Demian

Demian

Student
Mar 25, 2024
I wouldn't do that. I used 21 grams of phenobarbital and 3 grams of morphine, I fell into a coma and here I am. Propanolol isn't even close to phenobarbital + morphine

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I wouldn't do that. I used 21 grams of phenobarbital and 3 grams of morphine, I fell into a coma and here I am. Propanolol isn't even close to phenobarbital + morphine
Those aren't really comparable considering they aren't even close to the same class of drug.

Reactions: Plato'sCaveDweller, jepe24, chester and 1 other person
T

Tonkpils

Jul 12, 2024
Different drugs different methods of action. Phenobarbital is much less potent than pentobarbital(nembutal) and is not recommended to OD on. Also each person metabolizes drugs differently, another reason why overdose is not reliable.

Reactions: badtothebone and chester