FairyAlys

FairyAlys

Aug 7, 2018
This is a beta blocker that I have access to.
I have both asthma and low blood pressure so I'm thinking that it might be a good choice ( reasons that a dr wouldn't prescribe it for someone like me)
Anyone have any info regarding the effectiveness of suicide by beta blockers?
I've looked online and there are some reported "accidental " deaths.
I wondered how much I would need to take.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ἡγησίας, Donewith_ and not_a_robot
D

Donewith_

Elementalist
Sep 28, 2018
IDK much about it.. but i think you can find the info .. there are some threads related to that here.
search for propanolol using search function.

J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019

Quite a lot and you also need a decent OD of benzos to keep yourself asleep while your heart's slowing down to a halt. I know it is a fairly reliable method though. I'll dig up the info and get back to you.

Reactions: throwaway_2620
FairyAlys

FairyAlys

Aug 7, 2018
Quite a lot and you also need a decent OD of benzos to keep yourself asleep while your heart's slowing down to a halt. I know it is a fairly reliable method though. I'll dig up the info and get back to you.
Thank you. I have diazepam and codeine.

J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
Here is what I was able to find:

From this data I gather an overdose of propranolol needs to be >3g to be reliably fatal. Benzos you should take 300mg to 500mg depending on body weight, same as for amitriptyline cocktail as per dr. Admiraal. If you have diazepam that is great as it is long acting. I would not mix any codeine in.

Propranolol is also used in the DDMP cocktail which is used for lethal injection in prisoners on death row, but that one includes morphine which is hard to source. From the data I have gathered propranolol seems to be lethal enough on its own. Throw in a heavy benzo OD and you should be flying to the skies in short order.

I'll add more information if I find it, anyone should of course do their own research before deciding on a method. Now I am waiting for the inevitable "this may not work, stick to the tried and true this and that and that" comments.

Reactions: Ἡγησίας
FairyAlys

FairyAlys

Aug 7, 2018
Here is what I was able to find:

From this data I gather an overdose of propranolol needs to be >3g to be reliably fatal. Benzos you should take 300mg to 500mg depending on body weight, same as for amitriptyline cocktail as per dr. Admiraal. If you have diazepam that is great as it is long acting. I would not mix any codeine in.

Propranolol is also used in the DDMP cocktail which is used for lethal injection in prisoners on death row, but that one includes morphine which is hard to source. From the data I have gathered propranolol seems to be lethal enough on its own. Throw in a heavy benzo OD and you should be flying to the skies in short order.

I'll add more information if I find it, anyone should of course do their own research before deciding on a method. Now I am waiting for the inevitable "this may not work, stick to the tried and true this and that and that" comments.
Thanks, I really appreciate your help.
I'll let you know when I've got all of it together. I'm planning on the beginning of August

B

Black_Knight

Jul 10, 2019
Be careful. Drug ODs are rarely as peaceful as they sound unless they also induce complete loss of consciousness.

Reactions: Notcutoutforlife
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
Hence why the massive overdose of benzos required.

Reactions: Black_Knight
FairyAlys

FairyAlys

Aug 7, 2018
I spoke to a friend who has forty years experience as a psychiatric nurse. He doesn't know what my intentions are. He said propranolol is a reasonable way to go as it slows the heart down.
I've just got to get enough now. And some more diazepam.

Reactions: jake3d and Notcutoutforlife
Leesap

Leesap

Jul 5, 2019
Interesting. I too am curios since I have heaps of propanol.

ProhibereDolor

ProhibereDolor

Cloak and Dagger
May 21, 2019
You have to take a buttload for it to work. I have access to it as well and I'm not using it. It can be hard for doctors to treat a propranolol OD but it's not impossible. There have been many case studies on it because the amount of people using it to OD is on the rise because it is so easy to obtain legally. If your are going to use it then I would assume you would need other medications as well. Long story short, a propranolol OD is not even remotely near a reliable way to go. Chances are you will not succeed and have some crappy long term side effects from it. Just because it is something that you have access to that does not equal that you should go that route. Of course the decision is all yours. But just remember to be realistic with your expectations. Don't assume that since you have access to something that you will succeed. Over n out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ἡγησίας and Donewith_
J

jake3d

Enlightened
May 29, 2019
Yes, Diazepam is a benzo. Matter of fact it is THE benzo. The one all others get compared against.

From the medical journals I have read, propranolol overdose is not impossible to treat but it is very difficult and outcome of treatment is uncertain, there is no specific antidote for it like you have with SN for instance. Same goes for all other poisons really, except maybe cyanide. And five or six grams isn't really a buttload.

Morale of the story is: Don't get caught.

chrijo

chrijo

done
Feb 8, 2019
This is a beta blocker that I have access to.
I have both asthma and low blood pressure so I'm thinking that it might be a good choice ( reasons that a dr wouldn't prescribe it for someone like me)
Anyone have any info regarding the effectiveness of suicide by beta blockers?
I've looked online and there are some reported "accidental " deaths.
As an asthmatic patient, you should not overdose propranolol. It could trigger an asthmatic exacerbation by bronchoconstriction.

It also blocks ß2-receptors - which means your medication (fenoterol?) becomes ineffective. You could die by suffocation.

Read more about non-selective beta blockers and what they do to ß2 receptors.

Reactions: Ἡγησίας