• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

C

CoffeeCrow

-
Sep 14, 2023
Note: This is better understood if you have read:
The Conspiracy Against the Human Race by Thomas Ligotti, that is easily available.
The Last Messiah, short essay by Peter Zapffe, available for free online
Ever Deeper Honesty, found on this forum and partially read
"Things They Will Never Tell You" by Ligotti, read by Wilhelm Alexander, who CTB fulfilling his wishes -

A couple of days I came across the case of a kid that survived a near-fatal burn accident at a young age, leaving him with extreme facial deformity, blindness, most likely chronic pain, but left with speech:

In this video, the kid is carried to a police station because his dream was to be a police officer, so out of 'charity', he was carried over to a police department and greeted with a honorary badge, then taken to a ride, where he got to be a police officer for a day, accompanied at all times by a camera and another police officer who gave him a radio to pretend to be a cop.

There is something particularly disturbing about this video, however, it is not the appearance of the kid, but the circumstance in which he is still being encouraged to believe that he will be able to have a functional life, and not being plagued by physical and emotional suffering. The department seems to be encouraging to continue under his circumstances, but there is still something in the entire atmosphere of the video that seems off. It cannot just be me.

More interesting is the comments section. Top comments say this kid was "truly blessed by God", while recent comments all seemed to be horrified at his appearance, and a minority, at his current life circumstance. By majority of opinion, survivors of freak accidents seem to be blessed by God for being kept alive in a disfigured and painful state, because, apparently, this will always be better than the "alternative".

I wonder what are your thoughts on this, especially when reading the top comments. For a privacy backend, you can always use Invidious.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Buh-bye!, lwlaiet8887, The Burning Fool and 1 other person
squirley

squirley

: )
May 6, 2023
Pretty intense for a first post. Quite a bit to digest.
But a good one none the less.
Need to rewatch and reread got my brain working.

Reactions: The Burning Fool and CoffeeCrow
The Burning Fool

The Burning Fool

Falling through the abyss of insanity
Sep 12, 2023
Ideally, no consciously aware beings should exist, but the neural software that projects the qualia of the self deludes one into the conviction that life has meaning, purpose or value. The software ultimately serves a senseless goal: imperfect replication of genetic material.

The main, integral feature of that software is that it causes living beings to have deep urges to stay alive and procreate at all cost. There is no rationality behind being alive at all, but this is only apparent to some in cases where extreme pain and suffering is clearly observable, such as your example of the burn survivor.

Reactions: Buh-bye!, NumbItAll, squirley and 1 other person
C

CoffeeCrow

-
Sep 14, 2023
Pretty intense for a first post. Quite a bit to digest.
But a good one none the less.
Need to rewatch and reread got my brain working.
Thank you. I arrived here for resources for knowing how to CTB and I believe the philosophical component that most matters is changing our wiring as to not fear death, which eventually arrives at any given time. The observation that everyone just believes unending suffering is fine just clicked hard after watching that video last night and told me much about how culture is just self-perpetuating life without any precise goal.

Ideally, no consciously aware beings should exist, but the neural software that projects the qualia of the self deludes one into the conviction that life has meaning, purpose or value. The software ultimately serves a senseless goal: imperfect replication of genetic material.

The main, integral feature of that software is that it causes living beings to have deep urges to stay alive and procreate at all cost. There is no rationality behind being alive at all, but this is only apparent to some in cases where extreme pain and suffering is clearly observable, such as your example of the burn survivor.
Exactly, the deluded will to live. It's interesting how in the Most Recent comments that particular will to live gets overrided for some particular people - but it seems they have to be able to see an extreme example so the brain begins to doubt. But some belief systems are so strong that this is deemed a miracle and the grace of some god.
It makes me feel very uneasy.

• Love
Reactions: Buh-bye!, squirley and The Burning Fool
The Burning Fool

The Burning Fool

Falling through the abyss of insanity
Sep 12, 2023
Exactly, the deluded will to live. It's interesting how in the Most Recent comments that particular will to live gets overrided for some particular people - but it seems they have to be able to see an extreme example so the brain begins to doubt. But some belief systems are so strong that this is deemed a miracle and the grace of some god.
It makes me feel very uneasy.
Anyone who projects an inflated version of human emotional qualities (such as the compassion, grace, wisdom, justice or wrath of God) on the nature of the Metafractal has yet to comprehend its true vastness approaching infinity.

By trying to understand what God is or what God wants, one makes a futile attempt to diminish the stature of God, or to elevate one's comprehension to a level that's unattainable using a tool like a human brain.

The Metafractal is not bound by any concepts we assign to it, not even by the laws of logic. It simply allows an infinite number of infinities to exist within itself, so to say; including all possible events by necessity of its very nature. George Carlin called it the Big Electron.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Buh-bye!, squirley and CoffeeCrow