Ardesevent

Ardesevent

It’s the end of the line, cowboy
Feb 2, 2020
'You won't understand someone until you walk around in their shoes' is a quote that gets thrown around a lot. It's a quote everyone's heard, because it's a quote that's in almost every book you have to read for English in middle school. But it's an extremely important life lesson, especially to kids around that age, because it tells them how to understand people- just view things from their perspective.
This seems to get completely thrown out the window when it comes to suicide. Even if you try to explain to people why you're going to do it, the response is always that there's something wrong with you. You're not being positive enough, you're mentally ill, you need to believe it'll get better, etc. There's never a moment where they stop to consider that you might just be doing the right thing for you.
I understand that some people just don't want their loved ones to die, but most of the time it just feels like someone shoving their hero complex down your throat. It seems like a real hero would just realize that interfering might do more damage than good, and maybe just trying to comfort or understand them could actually help.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, demuic, AnnonyBox and 10 others
ixkitty

ixkitty

Let me be Selfish, just this once.
Aug 15, 2020
Yeah. I understand completely.

Reactions: sadworld
peacechoice

peacechoice

Experienced
Oct 11, 2020
Exactly. Everyone wants to talk about their big ohh so big morals and don't understand their being fucking hypocrites. I hate people sometimes especially those people that have a lot of moral righteousness and want to shove that down your throat. Ughh fucking shoot me already.

Reactions: thisisstupid, bornfree and sadworld
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
'You won't understand someone until you walk around in their shoes'
I really like that quote to be honest. But the problem is, that someone actually has to be suicidal themself to understand us. I've actually never seen anyone that understood us who never was suicidal themself. Obviously those pro-lifers can't know that and I think if we tell them that, they probably wouldn't believe.

• Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, it's_all_a_game, Deleted member 23586 and 1 other person
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Prolifers cannot consider things because they do not have thinking skills. It is expecting too much of a monkey who stood up and got loaded with delusional memes instead of evolving enough to have an actual personality.

One simple way to understand how prolifers are not human is to look at their reactions to someone who kicks the bucket by suicide vs someone who is sentenced to death because they were a mass murderer or something. They will say the criminal should have been rehabiliated and capital punishment is unfair, but they will shit on the suicide grave.

Please do not honour prolifers with the assumption that they are rational humans.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Uzera, CoalmineCanary and 2 others
LenkaX

LenkaX

Maybe there is a hope!
Aug 14, 2020
Yeah, sometimes things never won't get better and you know it deep in your heart.

Reactions: demuic and bornfree
B

bornfree

Student
May 10, 2020
It is too much pain and cruelty they want to achieve by the criminalisation of assisted suicide.

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
It is too much pain and cruelty they want to achieve by the criminalisation of assisted suicide.

It is better for everyone here to understand they have no desire not to be cruel whatsoever. Crying at them doesn't make a difference.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Prolifers cannot consider things because they do not have thinking skills. It is expecting too much of a monkey who stood up and got loaded with delusional memes instead of evolving enough to have an actual personality.

One simple way to understand how prolifers are not human is to look at their reactions to someone who kicks the bucket by suicide vs someone who is sentenced to death because they were a mass murderer or something. They will say the criminal should have been rehabiliated and capital punishment is unfair, but they will shit on the suicide grave.

Please do not honour prolifers with the assumption that they are rational humans.
Prolifers are demons in the flesh :devil: *licks their failed parent tears*

CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
They will say the criminal should have been rehabiliated and capital punishment is unfair, but they will shit on the suicide grave.

Never.
This is hypocrisy level of irony.

B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
'You won't understand someone until you walk around in their shoes' is a quote that gets thrown around a lot. It's a quote everyone's heard, because it's a quote that's in almost every book you have to read for English in middle school. But it's an extremely important life lesson, especially to kids around that age, because it tells them how to understand people- just view things from their perspective.
This seems to get completely thrown out the window when it comes to suicide. Even if you try to explain to people why you're going to do it, the response is always that there's something wrong with you. You're not being positive enough, you're mentally ill, you need to believe it'll get better, etc. There's never a moment where they stop to consider that you might just be doing the right thing for you.
I understand that some people just don't want their loved ones to die, but most of the time it just feels like someone shoving their hero complex down your throat. It seems like a real hero would just realize that interfering might do more damage than good, and maybe just trying to comfort or understand them could actually help.
Yeah no point in trying even my dad who was in the hospital cried when he had edema in his legs and had to get surgery on his hernia they made him use a bedpan to go to the bathroom so i guess that was his first time being really depressed when he got back home he started to cry because he finally felt bad for me knowing all the shit ive have to go through i guess he finally understood how life really was
yeah this is actually why what i said before they should invent a machine like futurama booth where these people could live our lives everyday this should be a year and if they cant even pass the test and live like us then that means they gave up too and couldnt do it which means everything they are saying now is invalid and for those who cant last a year in the machine they have to sign a paper that grants legalization for euthanasia since they couldnt live in "our fucking shoes for a year" but have the audacity to act like they are now towards us

Reactions: demuic