YukiFox

YukiFox

Pastel demon
Dec 8, 2018
Since I decided to focus more in recovery rather than wait at the bus stop, I'm exploring the possibility of start learning programming languages and IT stuff, I'm interested more in cloud computing. But there's so info out there that I feel overwhelm about all the different paths that it's the computing / Tech world that I don''t know what is worth to be specialized.
I'm a patient person so I don't care to study 2, 3, 4 or more hours per day, perhaps at the beginning it's hard to me to create a discipline to study and practice, but when I take the rhythm I can feel motivated to learn more and more, only I have a problem to organize my time. Also, I pretend to take some formal education in the next year in the area.
The IT fragmentation scares me a lot. How do you think? I know it's important a good portfolio and some technical abilities. But, if I embrace all of them (Back end, front end, Full Stack, PHP, cloud, etc.) I will be more puzzled than before and I don't want to trigger again the anxiety and mental breakdowns.
How's your experience?

Reactions: Tragoedia Vitae
F

FusRohDracarys

But what do I know
Mar 31, 2020
If you don't know anything about programming already, start by learning a language. There any many great resources online for learning. I would recommend starting with python or Java, as they're good introductory languages. Once you feel more comfortable and confident in your abilities, then you can start researching the fields.

Figure out what appeals to you most. You might be able to find some free online courses that allow you to sample what kind of work you'll be doing. Don't sweat it too much at this point. Just focus on getting the fundamentals under your belt. When I was in school, I had no idea what field to go into either, but I landed in front end type of position because I'm not awful at UI/artsy shit. I hate UI work because it's so tedious and meticulous, but I'm pretty good at meticulous work. My partner is back end and does better with algorithm and a bunch of stuff I just find boring. But once you have the basics down, I think it'll give you a better sense of what you would like most.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Tragoedia Vitae