R

Reflection

Lost
Sep 12, 2024
I'm sick of hearing that anyone can be "cured" with proper professional help and medication... it's like they throw everyone under the same umbrella. They don't understand that each situation and person is different.

In my case, I know that what's causing me pain and torture aren't just some perceived internal demons...I've been doing fine for most of my life, and successfully fought tough battles before...but it just so happens that I've met my match so to speak, I wasn't always like this and what is causing me pain is something external.

I don't want to put the blame on anyone but I'd be lying if I said that they weren't the reason...they can do what they want, but at the very least they should look at how I acted and stayed when they needed support the most, even though they had just hurt me...I had all the right to call it quits then, but I didn't...instead of showing kindness and compassion after all what we've been through now they're acting like it is my problem alone that I feel this way for over a year after they threw me out...

Well, that's just how life works I guess. At least I will be free soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: leavingsoonx, ijustwishtodie, uglyugly and 1 other person
uglyugly

uglyugly

Student
Aug 24, 2024
I understand external things causing pain and most certainly understand meeting ones match. There are some things that are too much to bear, IMO. I am sorry you experienced this. I hope you can find peace no matter what path you take.

I agree 100% that drugs can't fix everything... just my opinion, but I don't think drugs cure a damn thing. They aren't meant to. It's not a good business model for pharma to make a product that one takes for a few weeks/months and magically feels better when the company can instead make a drug a person takes for years or forever. That's called making money, which every business must do to survive. That aside, drugs don't fix problems, they just make a person give less of a damn about them. To me, they are a bandaid on a gunshot wound. For example, I could swallow a whole bottle of anti depressants daily and still would be a survivor of sexual abuse and rape. Nothing changes that.... it is just something I had to learn to sit with. That being said, although therapy may help IMO, it is not a cure, either. It is insulting that society thinks everything can be cured - like you said, everyone is thrown under the same umbrella. One magic "cure" fits all.

Reactions: Reflection
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I agree!! People act like therapy and medication are for everybody but, at the end of the day, they aren't. Therapy and medication can't help me because my issues are with life itself and how I have to do human related stuff with a neurotype that's incompatible with that. I never liked life in the first place nor will I ever like life. I deserve better than life and that better is death since it's in death where I will no longer suffer or feel pain

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Paragon
Apr 15, 2024
Medical science cures very little. Most deadly diseases eradicated by humans were eradicated by sanitation, it's like 90%. Medical miracles can be counted on one hand (insulin, antibiotics, vaccines etc.). The rest of diseases are only managed by medicine, and most of that comes with side effects. Let's not even go into psychiatry and psychology, which has seen 0 miracle cures ever! Look up the book Medical Nihilism by Jacob Stegenga, or listen to lectures by him on YouTube.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It truly is cruel to me how there's all this suffering, I hope that you find the peace you search for, I wish you the best.